Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

Network Aviation Mass Exodus

Old 2nd Oct 2022, 09:38
  #101 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Perth
Posts: 151
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I honestly haven’t seen this “mass exodus” but more of a “mass hiring”.
AviatoR21 is offline  
Old 2nd Oct 2022, 10:59
  #102 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 285
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Mass hiring or mass exodus is irrelevant.

The issue for all Australian Pilots is this GA Company’s Pilots are operating on an expired EA and their pay and conditions are rapidly falling below the Award. What’s being done about it?!
aussieflyboy is offline  
Old 2nd Oct 2022, 13:39
  #103 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: HK
Posts: 84
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Fatguyinalittlecoat View Post
And he’s not very clever it would seem
Hit the nail on the head. Anyone choosing to live in HK after the last 3 years is lacking some critical thinking skills…
cxflog is online now  
Old 2nd Oct 2022, 18:39
  #104 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 276
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
A high percentage of WA based pilots have little or no experience outside of the state. Some would need to practice their bed wetting skills before venturing beyond the 129th meridian.

Mass exodus. I call bulldust.
illusion is offline  
Old 3rd Oct 2022, 01:08
  #105 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The World
Posts: 1,938
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by AviatoR21 View Post
I honestly haven’t seen this “mass exodus” but more of a “mass hiring”.
Apparently some discontent with a number of pilots on the mainline hold file but NAA management unwilling to release them, or only release them very slowly.
dr dre is offline  
Old 3rd Oct 2022, 01:56
  #106 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: AUS
Posts: 50
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dr dre View Post
Apparently some discontent with a number of pilots on the mainline hold file but NAA management unwilling to release them, or only release them very slowly.
So the same as every other entity?


Gunner747400 is offline  
Old 3rd Oct 2022, 02:05
  #107 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Earth
Posts: 43
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by illusion View Post
A high percentage of WA based pilots have little or no experience outside of the state. Some would need to practice their bed wetting skills before venturing beyond the 129th meridian.

Mass exodus. I call bulldust.

Yeah because flying an ILS into Cairns, Sydney or Melbourne is really tough.

Go and get a trade and then tell us how hard being a pilot really is.

​​​
Skippy69 is offline  
Old 3rd Oct 2022, 06:30
  #108 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Brisvegas
Posts: 3,594
Likes: 0
Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Some would need to practice their bed wetting skills before venturing beyond the 129th meridian.
So what happens when you get East of 129?

Do the laws of physics change? Perhaps SIDS and STARs are much more challenging?

Please educate us.
Icarus2001 is online now  
Old 3rd Oct 2022, 06:34
  #109 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Aus
Posts: 2,091
Likes: 0
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
So what happens when you get East of 129?
Must be the ocean being on the wrong side of the map.
43Inches is offline  
Old 3rd Oct 2022, 07:30
  #110 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Above and beyond
Posts: 1,057
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by 43Inches View Post
Must be the ocean being on the wrong side of the map.
Or the sun setting in the wrong place. It's just too confusing.
BuzzBox is offline  
Old 3rd Oct 2022, 07:47
  #111 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Australia
Age: 56
Posts: 2,137
Likes: 0
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Perhaps Daylight saving?

Every company I have worked for has had gunna's-going back to PNG, mate wants me to do check and training for his company, CASA want's me as an FOI, or the old I have been offered a gig setting up a new corporate jet operation.

The biggest whingers in any organiasation, tend to have their tongue planted between the bosses arse cheeks.
Stationair8 is offline  
Old 3rd Oct 2022, 22:48
  #112 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Cill
Posts: 44
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For a start 31° 25' 0.00" S 116° 17' 36.00" E is one place they can't seem to cross on time.
ShandywithSugar is offline  
Old 4th Oct 2022, 10:07
  #113 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NZ
Posts: 55
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cxflog View Post
Hit the nail on the head. Anyone choosing to live in HK after the last 3 years is lacking some critical thinking skills…
Why? I've been here everyday for the past 3 years. My boss (stupidly) kept paying us a decent salary. If I chose to return to Oz, I would be working more, for less money, paying more tax and going straight to the bottom of some a$$hat seniority list.

Can you please point out the floors in my critical thinking skills so I don't make the same mistake again?
SIDS N STARS is offline  
Old 4th Oct 2022, 10:13
  #114 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The wrong time zone...
Posts: 781
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can you please point out the floors in my critical thinking skills so I don't make the same mistake again?
See, even those with flaws can be a pilot!
josephfeatherweight is offline  
Old 4th Oct 2022, 10:21
  #115 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 3rd rock from the sun
Posts: 2,175
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SIDS N STARS View Post
Why? I've been here everyday for the past 3 years. My boss (stupidly) kept paying us a decent salary. If I chose to return to Oz, I would be working more, for less money, paying more tax and going straight to the bottom of some a$$hat seniority list.

Can you please point out the floors in my critical thinking skills so I don't make the same mistake again?
I’m not sure what’s wrong with the floors in your apartment there in Hong Kong, apart from the fact that you’ve probably spent a long time staring at it (and the ceiling) over the last 3 years as you do your mandatory quarantine after every trip.

I know a few guys who have just left HK, some after 20+ years. They didn’t have anything nice to say about the place when they left compared to the place pre about 2018.

For some people who have had an overseas adventure, a cruisy stable job in a seniority based airline sounds like a pretty nice way to see out the last 10-20 years of their career.
morno is offline  
Old 4th Oct 2022, 10:27
  #116 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 69
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SIDS N STARS View Post
Why? I've been here everyday for the past 3 years. My boss (stupidly) kept paying us a decent salary. If I chose to return to Oz, I would be working more, for less money, paying more tax and going straight to the bottom of some a$$hat seniority list.

Can you please point out the floors in my critical thinking skills so I don't make the same mistake again?
They won’t ever understand that SIDS. Narrow minded people willing to sit in the RHS for 20yrs and think that Oz is the best place in the World will always have an excuse. I’ll continue to take a flat tax rate and better pay than prostitute myself down there.
ActiveLooker is offline  
Old 4th Oct 2022, 10:53
  #117 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Weltschmerz-By-The-Sea, Queensland, Australia
Age: 100
Posts: 1,282
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
In general ActiveLurker is right…there were adventures to he had abroad, and once upon a time great pay and COS. CX has fallen a long way from the ‘A’ scale, EK and the others have demonstrated the complete disregard they have for seniority, loyalty, utility. Not so much anymore the swanning around in a linen suit at the Jockey Club on six days off.

As far as high tax goes…it is vexing indeed, but name me one english speaking non-shithole that doesn’t have high tax.
Australopithecus is offline  
Old 4th Oct 2022, 10:58
  #118 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 69
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Australopithecus View Post
In general ActiveLurker is right…there were adventures to he had abroad, and once upon a time great pay and COS. CX has fallen a long way from the ‘A’ scale, EK and the others have demonstrated the complete disregard they have for seniority, loyalty, utility. Not so much anymore the swanning around in a linen suit at the Jockey Club on six days off.

As far as high tax goes…it is vexing indeed, but name me one english speaking non-shithole that doesn’t have high tax.
USA depending on the state you choose.
ActiveLooker is offline  
Old 4th Oct 2022, 11:32
  #119 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Cairns
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ActiveLooker View Post
USA depending on the state you choose.
He did say “English speaking non sh!thole”😂😂
FKNFKRFKD is offline  
Old 4th Oct 2022, 22:03
  #120 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bran Castle
Posts: 198
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ActiveLooker View Post
They won’t ever understand that SIDS. Narrow minded people willing to sit in the RHS for 20yrs and think that Oz is the best place in the World will always have an excuse. I’ll continue to take a flat tax rate and better pay than prostitute myself down there.
Different horses for courses. I'd rather **** in my hands and clap than live in the used needle bin of Asia where you've been locked up by tyrants for the last 2 years. I'm quite enjoying prostituting myself in the RHS after spending the better half of a decade in the left seat of a wide-body flying freight to your dumpster fire of a city. Sure, I had some good nights out at Dusk 'till Dawn etc, but those days are gone. I'll happily be taxed up the wazoo if it means I can enjoy my modest 645m2 of paradise (that's south-east QLD for the record ) most nights of the year with my family. I could give less than the proverbial about which seat I'm sitting in.

romeocharlie is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.