Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

rex Celebrating 20 Years

Old 15th Aug 2022, 07:27
  #161 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: AUS
Posts: 24
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PoppaJo View Post
Do I need to speak in another language? The data is useless until post departure. It all means nothing until then.
Yeah true, they might triple their bookings in 24 hours!
Gunner747400 is offline  
Old 15th Aug 2022, 07:58
  #162 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: Syd
Posts: 29
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To clear up some confusion above.

The data pulled from the GDS only gives access to confirmed seats. Those not confirmed won’t appear. The data is way too patchy to confirm numbers until the flight has closed, it varies across all carriers and really depends on the systems they use. Those Virgin Brisbane numbers above are not accurate, they will likely depart with 90-100%. The Virgin data is still debatable post departure, gets messy with a whole heap of complex other parts around seat blocking and awards, GDS would often under read.

Rex figures are concrete once a flight has closed only, very basic carrier with very basic systems which is why you can get a accurate reading post departure. Anything prior your wasting your time reading into anything.
Mr_App is offline  
Old 15th Aug 2022, 09:55
  #163 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Sunshine Coast
Posts: 798
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PoppaJo View Post
Do I need to speak in another language? The data is useless until post departure. It all means nothing until then.
​​​​​​​
Originally Posted by Mr_App View Post
...
The data is way too patchy to confirm numbers until the flight has closed, it varies across all carriers and really depends on the systems they use.
​​​​​​...
Rex figures are concrete once a flight has closed only, very basic carrier with very basic systems which is why you can get a accurate reading post departure. Anything prior your wasting your time reading into anything.
At some point the dynamic morphs from slow learner to deliberate trolling.
MickG0105 is offline  
Old 15th Aug 2022, 10:47
  #164 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Aus
Posts: 1,831
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This argument is like watching two billionaires argue over 2 cents. Its irrelevant how many seats are filled if they have the funds to continue. Arguing over this stuff sounds more like management trolls trying to get the one up for some reason.
43Inches is online now  
Old 15th Aug 2022, 23:36
  #165 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Sunshine Coast
Posts: 798
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Deano969 View Post
VA looking just as bad to BNE
First 5 tomorrow
901 = 46
905 = 95
909 = 83
913 = 54
917 = 67
Average 69
REX average 70
And with the actual, accurate numbers it is, as foretold repeatedly, a markedly different story. VA's first SYD-BNE flights this morning averaged 102 pax per flight:

VA901 - 78 (73Y, 5J)
VA905 - 126 (118Y, 8J)
VA909 - 106 (98Y, 8J)
VA913 - 75 (67Y, 8J)
VA917 - 125 (119Y, 6J)

Rex’s ZL328 flew with 78 pax.

Last edited by MickG0105; 15th Aug 2022 at 23:37. Reason: Formatting
MickG0105 is offline  
Old 16th Aug 2022, 00:28
  #166 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: X
Posts: 65
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How about creating a graph with trend line covering the last 6 months? That's what the real business analysts do.
XanaduX is offline  
Old 16th Aug 2022, 01:39
  #167 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 37
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While I have always had concerns about the whole Sharp/ Rex relationship with government and have expressed my further concerns about the viability of the 737 ops, I would have to say that in my view they are not doing too bad. It would seem to have made sense to have limited aircraft and ops while the airports and staffing issues play out. (Not sure this was part of the great master plan though).

I am surprised at the loads they are carrying and would think they are in front of where they hoped to be. That said the other airlines have been too busy dealing with all the post Covid issues that have been presented to them to turn their full attention to Rex. That may yet come! While I haven''t flown on them, those I have spoken to that have, had nothing but good things to say as opposed to a lot of negative comments on the others.

Time will tell!
430W is offline  
Old 16th Aug 2022, 02:24
  #168 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Sunshine Coast
Posts: 798
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 430W View Post
While I have always had concerns about the whole Sharp/ Rex relationship with government and have expressed my further concerns about the viability of the 737 ops, I would have to say that in my view they are not doing too bad. It would seem to have made sense to have limited aircraft and ops while the airports and staffing issues play out. (Not sure this was part of the great master plan though).

I am surprised at the loads they are carrying and would think they are in front of where they hoped to be. That said the other airlines have been too busy dealing with all the post Covid issues that have been presented to them to turn their full attention to Rex. That may yet come! While I haven''t flown on them, those I have spoken to that have, had nothing but good things to say as opposed to a lot of negative comments on the others.

Time will tell!
Not great, not terrible, to borrow a line.

Last week jet ops despatched 194 flights. Aggregate load factor for the week was 64 percent (SYD-MEL was 61.8 percent). Only 94 flights achieved 70+ percent loads. They almost certainly lost money for four days of the week, and made some money Friday through Sunday for a net loss for the week.

Notably, they operate fewer flights on two of the days they're making money. That raises the question as to where a 17 percent increase in capacity is going to fit into the picture.

The Flight Centre hook up seems to be having quite a positive outcome. Beyond that, to what extent they're currently pulling a Bradbury remains to be seen.

Time, as you have noted, will tell.
MickG0105 is offline  
Old 16th Aug 2022, 02:24
  #169 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Egoli
Posts: 355
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like Rex is interviewing in the near future for the 737. Anybody has any info on the process ??? Thanks
volare_737 is offline  
Old 16th Aug 2022, 03:22
  #170 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Sunny Coast
Posts: 183
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funny how the likes of Mick and Poppa were doing cartwheels when they were posting on here about loads in single digits or implying that REX were better deploying SAABs onto the triangle as REX would not be able to even fill those

Now we have Mick posting weekly load average of 61.8% and is still laying the boot in

Growth is growth Mick.....

Do you not understand that as the punters try REX they are liking what they are being delivered, this generates repeat business, mainly from infrequent flyers, the good service REX is providing won't provide immediate load increases as many of these flyers won't re-book for 6 months to perhaps a couple of years
This is good solid and sustained growth through a good product at a reasonable price
I have yet to see a negative report on ZL for their jet services and all the trip reports are positive and an awful lot of them have the word surprising mentioned

It's fairly obvious that no matter what the loads, what the fleet size, what their on time performance is or how much they pay their staff, Mick will still have an axe to grind with REX
Deano969 is offline  
Old 16th Aug 2022, 03:51
  #171 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Weltschmerz-By-The-Sea, Queensland, Australia
Posts: 1,229
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
“How little they pay their staff”

There…fixed it for you.
Australopithecus is offline  
Old 16th Aug 2022, 06:25
  #172 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Sunny Coast
Posts: 183
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Australopithecus View Post
“How little they pay their staff”

There…fixed it for you.
And there's the rub isn't it
Pay and conditions, but unfortunately it's the way of the whole world
If it's not REX or Bonza, it'll be the next upstart or QF outsourcing or running sub airlines or VA and Link
There has been a global movement by airlines to cut costs and has been for years and showing no signs of stopping
Deano969 is offline  
Old 16th Aug 2022, 08:50
  #173 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Weltschmerz-By-The-Sea, Queensland, Australia
Posts: 1,229
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not Global at all. You only see it in jurisdictions where employers have the upper hand due to collective bargaining restrictions. Your attention is directed to the US where pilot T & Cs are much better than with Australian carriers, and even they are improving rapidly.
Australopithecus is offline  
Old 16th Aug 2022, 17:53
  #174 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: The Hot zone
Posts: 230
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by volare_737 View Post
Looks like Rex is interviewing in the near future for the 737. Anybody has any info on the process ??? Thanks
Hunted for the 737 EBA on the Fair Work website but it's not there. Any clues where their Agreement can be downloaded? Yes I hear they are recruiting again. Seems like quite a bit of movement in the industry now.
Maisk Rotum is offline  
Old 16th Aug 2022, 20:47
  #175 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Sydney
Posts: 462
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Maisk Rotum View Post
Hunted for the 737 EBA on the Fair Work website but it's not there. Any clues where their Agreement can be downloaded? Yes I hear they are recruiting again. Seems like quite a bit of movement in the industry now.
there's no EBA yet.
Ladloy is offline  
Old 17th Aug 2022, 01:06
  #176 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: australia
Posts: 313
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by volare_737 View Post
Looks like Rex is interviewing in the near future for the 737. Anybody has any info on the process ??? Thanks
shouldn't they be recruiting internally from the SAAB fleet rather than "poaching" their pilots from other carriers...
mikewil is offline  
Old 17th Aug 2022, 01:10
  #177 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Horn Island
Posts: 17
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Deano969 View Post
Funny how the likes of Mick and Poppa were doing cartwheels when they were posting on here about loads in single digits or implying that REX were better deploying SAABs onto the triangle as REX would not be able to even fill those

Now we have Mick posting weekly load average of 61.8% and is still laying the boot in

Growth is growth Mick.....

Do you not understand that as the punters try REX they are liking what they are being delivered, this generates repeat business, mainly from infrequent flyers, the good service REX is providing won't provide immediate load increases as many of these flyers won't re-book for 6 months to perhaps a couple of years
This is good solid and sustained growth through a good product at a reasonable price
I have yet to see a negative report on ZL for their jet services and all the trip reports are positive and an awful lot of them have the word surprising mentioned

It's fairly obvious that no matter what the loads, what the fleet size, what their on time performance is or how much they pay their staff, Mick will still have an axe to grind with REX
Looks like passengers either love them or hate them.
Inflight service gets a good rap, https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/rex
RENURPP is offline  
Old 17th Aug 2022, 01:25
  #178 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: BBN
Posts: 830
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This product review website was on a current affair the other night, proven that business owners pay ppl to leave good 5 star reviews. I would take this with a grain of salt.
SHVC is offline  
Old 17th Aug 2022, 02:08
  #179 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Aus
Posts: 1,831
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also the other way around, many businesses post fake bad reviews on competitors. We all know the saga with QF posting on PPRuNe vs VA a few years back.
43Inches is online now  
Old 17th Aug 2022, 07:45
  #180 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Sunny Coast
Posts: 183
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PoppaJo
REX average for today
Y 101
J 6
So much for your "flying 50 passengers around the triangle midweek"
Cant get more midweek than Wednesday
Deano969 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.