Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

MH370 - "new" news

Old 17th Dec 2022, 16:31
  #121 (permalink)  
GBO
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 116
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
So we are all in agreement that the turn back towards Penang and to south of Penang is NOT in LNAV. Therefore the aircraft is being flown manually or by the autopilot in heading mode.

Now why would anyone NOT use LNAV? Because it’s not available at that time.
GBO is offline  
Old 17th Dec 2022, 16:35
  #122 (permalink)  
GBO
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 116
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Capt Fathom
Youíre not the baggage handler from Port Hedland by any chance?
Another one playing the man. For the record, no Iím not a baggage handler, Iím a pilot.
Did you want to play the ball? Can you supply your flightpath and endpoint for MH370?
GBO is offline  
Old 17th Dec 2022, 19:53
  #123 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Elsewhere
Posts: 560
Likes: 0
Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by GBO

Now why would anyone NOT use LNAV? Because itís not available at that time.
Or because it is available, but isnít the most suitable mode to make the aircraft do what you want at that time. As happens regularly.
itsnotthatbloodyhard is offline  
Old 17th Dec 2022, 20:29
  #124 (permalink)  
GBO
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 116
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by itsnotthatbloodyhard
Or because it is available, but isnít the most suitable mode to make the aircraft do what you want at that time. As happens regularly.
Diverting to an airport 30 minutes away and purposely choosing to use heading mode over LNAV for the entire leg does not happen regularly.
It would be a poor decision and increase crew workload.
GBO is offline  
Old 17th Dec 2022, 20:39
  #125 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 4 seasons hotel
Posts: 259
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

GBO suggested that the pilots programmed this diversion to Bandar Aceh. Absolute garbage!
flightleader is offline  
Old 17th Dec 2022, 20:44
  #126 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 4 seasons hotel
Posts: 259
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Without a functioning AMU, the cockpit is deaf and dumb. Possible explanation of why SATCOM call from ground was not answered. You can forget about announcement to passengers and intercom with cabin crew too.
flightleader is offline  
Old 17th Dec 2022, 20:45
  #127 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Above and beyond
Posts: 1,094
Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by GBO
Now why would anyone NOT use LNAV? Because it’s not available at that time.
Not necessarily. The pilot might well have turned back in HDG mode, then engaged LNAV once he had determined the correct waypoint to enter in the FMC. That waypoint would not have been in the existing flight plan. HDG mode is often used for short-term manoeuvring, so it’s hardly unusual.

Even if LNAV wasn’t engaged until much later, so what? It doesn’t necessarily mean it wasn’t available, as you claim. The prevailing theory is that the pilot had no intention of landing at Penang, or anywhere else. You don’t need LNAV for that.
BuzzBox is online now  
The following users liked this post:
Old 17th Dec 2022, 20:52
  #128 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 4 seasons hotel
Posts: 259
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
All facts and leads are welcome. But loads of garbage posted here are pure speculations that came out by twisting the posters own limited knowledge of the plane, reading between the lines of reports and their own wild wet dreams.
flightleader is offline  
Old 17th Dec 2022, 20:54
  #129 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 4 seasons hotel
Posts: 259
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Buzz,

You are upgrading a simmer to an advance simmer.
flightleader is offline  
Old 17th Dec 2022, 21:12
  #130 (permalink)  
GBO
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 116
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by flightleader
Without a functioning AMU, the cockpit is deaf and dumb. Possible explanation of why SATCOM call from ground was not answered. You can forget about announcement to passengers and intercom with cabin crew too.
Yes, you are correct. Hence the crew is unable to make any voice radio call or even talk to the passengers.
Note, no radio calls or SATCOM calls where received from MH370.
GBO is offline  
Old 17th Dec 2022, 21:16
  #131 (permalink)  
GBO
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 116
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by flightleader
GBO suggested that the pilots programmed this diversion to Bandar Aceh. Absolute garbage!
And where would the aircraft end, if the aircraft is flying on autopilot with an unresponsive crew and failed left Autothrottle, for the route that you drew?
GBO is offline  
Old 17th Dec 2022, 21:19
  #132 (permalink)  
GBO
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 116
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by flightleader
Buzz,

You are upgrading a simmer to an advance simmer.
Yet another one, playing the man without basic detective skills.
If you want to play the ball, what flightpath and endpoint have you determined for MH370?
GBO is offline  
Old 17th Dec 2022, 21:22
  #133 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 4 seasons hotel
Posts: 259
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
You have no evidence to suggest the aircraft was on autopilot.
You have no evidence to suggest the crew was unresponsive at that time where the plane was near Banda.
You have no evidence to suggest Left A/T was failed.

You suggested that route! Why are you asking me? You don’t even know what you posted earlier?
flightleader is offline  
Old 17th Dec 2022, 22:34
  #134 (permalink)  
GBO
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 116
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by flightleader
You have no evidence to suggest the aircraft was on autopilot.
You have no evidence to suggest the crew was unresponsive at that time where the plane was near Banda.
You have no evidence to suggest Left A/T was failed.

You suggested that route! Why are you asking me? You donít even know what you posted earlier?
Correct, without the FDR/CVR there is no concrete evidence, however there are clues which strongly suggest the autopilot was engaged with an unresponsive crew.

The primary radar recordings showing the aircraft tracking via VAMPI-MEKAR-NILAM.
The inability of the GES to connect to the AES at 1803 via the left HGA.
The crew not answering any calls at 1840 or 2314.
The aircraft continuing on a constant heading from the statistics of the satellite data.
The aircraft continuing until fuel exhaustion, 7 hours after the event at IGARI.
The fuel flow analysis pointing to an exact fuel exhaustion at the seventh arc.
The lack of Flight ID at SATCOM log on, which was not manually cleared via the MCDU.
The exact timing of the 1825 log on at NILAM.
The simplicity of flightpath, compare Captain Mike Glynnís WSPR flightpath.
The rate of descent observed by BFO at the seventh arc at fuel exhaustion: 15,000feet/min
The position of the flaps at fuel exhaustion as determined by the ATSB.
The condition of the debris findings.
The beaching location and timing of debris findings.
The barnacle analysis on the debris.
The servicing of the oxygen bottle prior to departure by Malaysia, and equipment adjacent to it.

Yes, no concrete evidence, but we have a good idea where it is, most likely inside the seventh arc in the unsearched region at 34S 93E.

Where do you think it is? I havenít seen your flightpath.
GBO is offline  
Old 17th Dec 2022, 23:32
  #135 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fieldsworthy
Posts: 202
Likes: 0
Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Chronic Snoozer
Must be a weak theory.
It's not my theory and I don't care if it's weak or not. I'm simply interested in seeing it tested and found either to be underdetermined by a more sound theory or not, in a process of civil discussion free from emotional and thick-headed input. As yet the former has not occurred in this forum. Why are you and Dre so emotionally invested in it?

Originally Posted by Chronic Snoozer
Classic example of playing the person not the ball.
Actually, it's not a classic example of any such thing. Don't be ridiculous. It appears from the discourse here that Dre is not as smart as he likes to hold himself to be and has soon resorted to playing the person as you call it, calling the person a flight simmer, casting aspersions on the person's aeronautical experience and qualification, etc, and then leaving. It's not very nice, not at all useful and the overall pattern is certainly indicative of narcissistic behaviour. Therefore the comments are not at all aimed at playing the man but at questioning the real motivation for the attack on this theory and the discussion thereof.

If you want a "classic example" look at posts #101 and 109 plus a few by other posters. Maybe you're his mummy in which case I aplogise for holding up the mirror.

Originally Posted by itsnotthatbloodyhard

Originally Posted by Icarus2001
How does the primary radar track reveal which mode the aircraft was in laterally?

I would still like to know this too, please.
This may not have been specifically addressed. I think the theory on this is based on observed turn radius, speed, altitude and AFDS limitations. Is that what you're saying, GBO?
Eclan is offline  
Old 18th Dec 2022, 00:00
  #136 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: The Coal Face
Posts: 1,026
Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Eclan
Why are you and Dre so emotionally invested in it?
Isn't everyone? This is a professional pilots forum. Every pilot wants to know what happened and how, I'd have thought.

Originally Posted by Eclan
Actually, it's not a classic example of any such thing. Don't be ridiculous. It appears from the discourse here that Dre is not as smart as he likes to hold himself to be and has soon resorted to playing the person as you call it, calling the person a flight simmer, casting aspersions on the person's aeronautical experience and qualification, etc, and then leaving. It's not very nice, not at all useful and the overall pattern is certainly indicative of narcissistic behaviour. Therefore the comments are not at all aimed at playing the man but at questioning the real motivation for the attack on this theory and the discussion thereof.
There is a pretty good BS filter on this site. If the theory pans out - fine, but robust discussion is warranted. If regular users smell something fishy then expect them to rummage around to see where this is going. When people start attacking each other instead of the subject it probably means the discussion is done.




Chronic Snoozer is offline  
Old 18th Dec 2022, 00:12
  #137 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fieldsworthy
Posts: 202
Likes: 0
Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Chronic Snoozer
Isn't everyone? This is a professional pilots forum. Every pilot wants to know what happened and how, I'd have thought.

There is a pretty good BS filter on this site. If the theory pans out - fine, but robust discussion is warranted. If regular users smell something fishy then expect them to rummage around to see where this is going. When people start attacking each other instead of the subject it probably means the discussion is done.
Good (strawman) comeback.
Eclan is offline  
Old 18th Dec 2022, 00:33
  #138 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The World
Posts: 2,023
Received 73 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Eclan
It appears from the discourse here that Dre is not as smart as he likes to hold himself to be and has soon resorted to playing the person as you call it, calling the person a flight simmer, casting aspersions on the person's aeronautical experience and qualification, etc, and then leaving.
Actually I had better things to do. The hypoxia theory relies on pilots performing complex tasks far greater after the event than they would be able to perform after suffering hypoxia for that long, after theyíve seemingly lost the ability to simple tasks like descend the aircraft.

Truth is until the FDR/CVR are found people are filling in the (very large) blanks with their own theories. None of them can be proven true.

Even if the FDR/CVR are found then that may not put speculation to rest. Chances are the CVR may only contain hours of silence. The FDR would contain the recorded control inputs, but then it may be unclear who or why or under what psychological state those inputs were made, leading to further debate and disagreement on what the root cause of the accident was.

dr dre is online now  
Old 18th Dec 2022, 01:11
  #139 (permalink)  
GBO
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 116
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
dr dre

Welcome back.

Yes, a ghost flight will probably have a quiet CVR for the last 6 hours.
Even if Malaysia decide to search the accident scenario site, and find the aircraft, Malaysia has already covered its tracks.
By restructuring the company from MAS to MAB, they struck out liability and are not responsible. Any salvaged wreckage is to be transport to KL.
No one will ever see the oxygen bottle. Clever.

Do you have a flightpath and endpoint for MH370?
GBO is offline  
Old 18th Dec 2022, 01:39
  #140 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Brisvegas
Posts: 3,677
Likes: 0
Received 71 Likes on 40 Posts
So you are also a legal expert on liability. Excellent

EXTRACT ANNEX 13 to the Convention on Civil Aviation...
​​​​​​​Release from custody 3.4 Subject to the provisions of 3.2 and 3.3, the State of Occurrence shall release custody of the aircraft, its contents or any parts thereof as soon as they are no longer required in the investigation, to any person or persons duly designated by the State of Registry or the State of the Operator, as applicable. For this purpose the State of Occurrence shall facilitate access to the aircraft, its contents or any parts thereof, provided that, if the aircraft, its contents, or any parts thereof lie in an area within which the State finds it impracticable to grant such access, it shall itself effect removal to a point where access can be given.

Last edited by Icarus2001; 18th Dec 2022 at 01:54.
Icarus2001 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.