Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

MH370 - "new" news

Old 28th Dec 2022, 06:50
  #281 (permalink)  
GBO
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 116
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MickG0105
To the contrary. What you've proposed is little more than your theory which relies on a lot of speculation. Frankly, you're right up there with GBO in relying on a heapin' helpin' of rank speculation.
Thanks MickG0105, if one assumes that the crew oxygen bottle ruptured in flight, then one must accept all the failures associated with damage to the adjacent P105 Left Wire Integration Panel / Left AIMS Cabinet. The amount of failures would be HUGE! Now play that scenario. It ends in the southern Indian Ocean at the seventh arc near 34S 93E at fuel exhaustion.
The crew oxygen bottle was serviced by Malaysia immediately prior to departure.

Where do you think the aircraft is located, and how did it get there?
GBO is offline  
Old 28th Dec 2022, 07:58
  #282 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Sunshine Coast
Posts: 884
Received 39 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by GBO
Thanks MickG0105, if one assumes that the crew oxygen bottle ruptured in flight, then one must accept all the failures associated with damage to the adjacent P105 Left Wire Integration Panel / Left AIMS Cabinet. The amount of failures would be HUGE! Now play that scenario. It ends in the southern Indian Ocean at the seventh arc near 34S 93E at fuel exhaustion.
The crew oxygen bottle was serviced by Malaysia immediately prior to departure.
I've been following this for long enough and in enough detail such that I'm familiar with most of the theories.

An oxygen bottle bursting is entirely speculative. The damage arising from such an event is similarly speculative. As to "playing that scenario", it's a design your own adventure based on what gets damaged and how badly but it's a Goldilocks scenario - there can't be too much damage or it brings the story to a premature conclusion; too little and the aircraft is recoverable.

That whirring noise you can hear in the background is the "1 in a ..." probability meter spinning its way through the hundreds of millions.

You then add to all of that speculation at least an equally speculative series of events built around crew hypoxia. I don't know if you've ever been hypoxic but the notion that a crew survived in a persistent hypoxic state for an extended period of time while carrying out tasks of varying levels of complexity while missing others of lesser complexity stretches the bounds of both physiology and probability.

You've had experienced flight crews, some with hypobaric experience, critique all of that. My advice would be to look at incorporating that feedback into your theory through modification rather than looking to argue the toss about flight crew reactions/procedures with blokes who have actually flown the 777 for a living.

If you have followed any of the main forums addressing the disappearance you'd be familiar with an oxygen bottle burst theory that doesn't rely on hypoxic happenstance but it is no less speculative in the grand scheme of things.

Originally Posted by GBO
Where do you think the aircraft is located, and how did it get there?
It's in the SIO, almost certainly within 35 nm of the seventh arc, likely somewhere between 30S - 35S. 34S routinely pops up in a variety of flight path analyses as a hot spot so I wouldn't be surprised if it is found around there.

And I'm pretty sure that it flew there.
MickG0105 is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by MickG0105:
Old 28th Dec 2022, 09:17
  #283 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: SE Qld, Australia
Age: 76
Posts: 1,101
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
MickG0105:

That whirring noise you can hear in the background is the "1 in a ..." probability meter spinning its way through the hundreds of millions.
Brilliant!
Dora-9 is offline  
Old 28th Dec 2022, 09:46
  #284 (permalink)  
GBO
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 116
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MickG0105
It's in the SIO, almost certainly within 35 nm of the seventh arc, likely somewhere between 30S - 35S. 34S routinely pops up in a variety of flight path analyses as a hot spot so I wouldn't be surprised if it is found around there.

And I'm pretty sure that it flew there.
Fantastic! So you say its in the southern Indian Ocean near the seventh arc at 34S.
And what flightpath did it take to get there? Im very curious.
GBO is offline  
Old 28th Dec 2022, 15:18
  #285 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Montenegro
Age: 40
Posts: 313
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ferry pilot
You will have to forgive me, but I may not have made my point clear so I will repeat it. The facts speak for themselves. The government the pilot opposed was his employer. They held something over him. In court, his friends overturned conviction was reinstated and he was going to prison. It is no stretch of imagination to believe the pilot may have been facing a similar fate and if there is any doubt about this, what happened next removes it.

Within hours of leaving that courtroom, he committed suicide. Imprisonment for sodomy would have ended his career, completely destroyed his reputation and voided his pension. He was highly motivated to kill himself and no one would question any of these facts so far if that was all he did.
what you are writing is a sin even if you are atheist, he was politically active and supported his far cousin who was falsely charged with sodomy, imagine someone writing this about the member of your family and you knowing he didn't do that

Originally Posted by MickG0105
Who leaving what courtroom??!! There is not one scintilla of evidence that Zahaire Shah was present at the Ibrahim hearing on 7 March 2014 whereas there is some evidence - his mobile phone records - which indicate that he was likely nowhere near the courts when the Ibrahim hearing was in session.
there were even pictures of Zaharie in the courtroom, they might have been from the earlier court session tho, however there is IMO no doubt that his actions (whatever those were) were impacted by the court hearing from 7 March
AreOut is offline  
Old 28th Dec 2022, 21:56
  #286 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Sunshine Coast
Posts: 884
Received 39 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by AreOut
... there were even pictures of Zaharie in the courtroom, ...
Then you'll have no difficulties either posting them or a link to them. The problem that you will run into is that there are none - apart from any other factor, the Federal Courts of Malaysia do not permit cameras in their courtrooms

As I stated earlier, there is no evidence that Zaharie attended the Ibrahim hearing on 7 March 2014. Whether he was "influenced" by the outcome on the day is an entirely different matter.
MickG0105 is offline  
Old 28th Dec 2022, 22:04
  #287 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fieldsworthy
Posts: 202
Likes: 0
Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by AreOut
his far cousin who was falsely charged with sodomy, imagine someone writing this about the member of your family and you knowing he didn't do that
How did he (and you) know his cousin never did that? Everyone does it, don't they? Well maybe not everyone. But the point is no one was out to imprison everyone in Malaysia who enjoyed engaging in that particular act. His cousin was being shunted out for political reasons not because anyone cared where he put it. The law says the charges were proved therefore he did it but no one was out to get Capt Shah. Let's be real here.

Originally Posted by AreOut
there is IMO no doubt that his actions (whatever those were) were impacted by the court hearing from 7 March
The key word in your statement is "IMO."

Originally Posted by [b
ferry pilot;11355608]Originally Posted by ferry pilot
The facts speak for themselves. They held something over him. In court,
Not facts at all but not a bad movie script either. Pure fantasy. He'd never been charged with anything.

Originally Posted by [b
ferry pilot;11355608]Originally Posted by ferry pilot
It is no stretch of imagination to believe the pilot may have been facing a similar fate and if there is any doubt about this, what happened next removes it.
Actually it is quite a stretch and a suspension of disbelief. More so than the failure of an oxygen bottle with subsequent collateral damage which affected the systems a pilot happened to need at that moment.

​​​​​​​
Originally Posted by [b
ferry pilot;11355608]Originally Posted by ferry pilot
what happened next removes it.
What happened next was he went to work and flew an airplane not knowing it was his final flight.

​​​​​​​
Originally Posted by [b
ferry pilot;11355608]Originally Posted by ferry pilot
Within hours of leaving that courtroom, he committed suicide.
Impossible. He was observed afterward by staff, crew and hundreds of passengers and other people going to work, signing on and flying a B777.

​​​​​​​
Originally Posted by [b
ferry pilot;11355608]Originally Posted by ferry pilot
He was highly motivated to kill himself
Not at all, even if he did occasionally aim "one dot high on the vasis" no one was out to get him for it as he was not anyone's political opponent and no one gave a rat's arse. So to speak.
Eclan is offline  
Old 28th Dec 2022, 22:06
  #288 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fieldsworthy
Posts: 202
Likes: 0
Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by AreOut
what you are writing is a sin even if you are atheist
Correction: It's a crime there but not a sin for an atheist.
Eclan is offline  
Old 28th Dec 2022, 22:07
  #289 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fieldsworthy
Posts: 202
Likes: 0
Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by MickG0105
An oxygen bottle bursting is entirely speculative. The damage arising from such an event is similarly speculative. As to "playing that scenario", it's a design your own adventure based on what gets damaged and how badly but it's a Goldilocks scenario - there can't be too much damage or it brings the story to a premature conclusion; too little and the aircraft is recoverable.

You then add to all of that speculation at least an equally speculative series of events built around crew hypoxia. I don't know if you've ever been hypoxic but the notion that a crew survived in a persistent hypoxic state for an extended period of time while carrying out tasks of varying levels of complexity while missing others of lesser complexity stretches the bounds of both physiology and probability.

You've had experienced flight crews, some with hypobaric experience, critique all of that. My advice would be to look at incorporating that feedback into your theory through modification rather than looking to argue the toss about flight crew reactions/procedures with blokes who have actually flown the 777 for a living.

If you have followed any of the main forums addressing the disappearance you'd be familiar with an oxygen bottle burst theory that doesn't rely on hypoxic happenstance but it is no less speculative in the grand scheme of things.

It's in the SIO, almost certainly within 35 nm of the seventh arc, likely somewhere between 30S - 35S. 34S routinely pops up in a variety of flight path analyses as a hot spot so I wouldn't be surprised if it is found around there.

And I'm pretty sure that it flew there.
An excellent post.
Eclan is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Old 28th Dec 2022, 22:19
  #290 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Sunshine Coast
Posts: 884
Received 39 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by GBO
Fantastic! So you say its in the southern Indian Ocean near the seventh arc at 34S.
You might want to acquaint yourself with the use of probabilistic qualifiers such as "likely". I did not say that it is "at 34S", rather I offered a range of latitudes that I thought the wreckage was likely to be found in. That range is based on the oceanography associated with the recovered wreckage.

Originally Posted by GBO
And what flightpath did it take to get there? Im very curious.
When the wreckage is found hopefully then we'll be able to determine the flightpath. Trying to determine a flightpath from the vanishingly small dataset derived from the Inmarsat satellite connections is fraught with problems. There was always some conjecture as to the aircraft's actual flight path only an hour or so after the turnback at IGARI; even that level of uncertainty so early in the flight makes the whole route determination task highly problematic.
MickG0105 is offline  
Old 28th Dec 2022, 23:36
  #291 (permalink)  
GBO
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 116
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MickG0105
You might want to acquaint yourself with the use of probabilistic qualifiers such as "likely". I did not say that it is "at 34S", rather I offered a range of latitudes that I thought the wreckage was likely to be found in. That range is based on the oceanography associated with the recovered wreckage.
So if the oceanography / debris drift analysis suggests a crash site on the seventh arc between latitudes 30S to 35S (south of Banda Aceh airport), how do you propose the aircraft flew there from its last known primary radar position - 10 nautical miles northwest of MEKAR (north east of Banda Aceh airport)?
GBO is offline  
Old 29th Dec 2022, 01:09
  #292 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N/A
Posts: 5,250
Likes: 0
Received 158 Likes on 75 Posts
how do you propose the aircraft “flew” there
Simple



megan is offline  
The following 5 users liked this post by megan:
Old 29th Dec 2022, 01:54
  #293 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Sunshine Coast
Posts: 884
Received 39 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by megan
Simple


I was going to say, "Through the air." but that's much classier.
MickG0105 is offline  
The following 3 users liked this post by MickG0105:
Old 29th Dec 2022, 01:58
  #294 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fieldsworthy
Posts: 202
Likes: 0
Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by megan

That's exactly how I learned it and I wondered then and still do today why they need to include the "X" between CL and 1/2 but not between any of the components of the formula. There's probably a mathematical reason.
Eclan is offline  
Old 29th Dec 2022, 04:43
  #295 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N/A
Posts: 5,250
Likes: 0
Received 158 Likes on 75 Posts
There's probably a mathematical reason
Perhaps because CL is a dimensionless number in the formula.
megan is offline  
Old 29th Dec 2022, 04:51
  #296 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Australia/India
Posts: 4,822
Received 93 Likes on 53 Posts
I think it should be L = CL x (0.5 x p x Vsqd) x S.
Lead Balloon is offline  
Old 29th Dec 2022, 05:51
  #297 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N/A
Posts: 5,250
Likes: 0
Received 158 Likes on 75 Posts
Nah, why the brackets

L = CL x 0.5 x p x Vsqd x S

or better still

L = CL0.5pVsqdS
megan is offline  
Old 29th Dec 2022, 10:21
  #298 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Montenegro
Age: 40
Posts: 313
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MickG0105
Then you'll have no difficulties either posting them or a link to them. The problem that you will run into is that there are none - apart from any other factor, the Federal Courts of Malaysia do not permit cameras in their courtrooms
I will have difficulties because it's been 8 years since I have last time seen them. You are right though maybe I mixed things and those pictures weren't from the court room but from the party convention or so but the point is that Shah was politically active and heavily opposed to the Malaysian regime.

Originally Posted by Eclan
How did he (and you) know his cousin never did that? Everyone does it, don't they? Well maybe not everyone. But the point is no one was out to imprison everyone in Malaysia who enjoyed engaging in that particular act. His cousin was being shunted out for political reasons not because anyone cared where he put it. The law says the charges were proved therefore he did it but no one was out to get Capt Shah. Let's be real here.

.
look, I don't know everything about my close cousins but I am quite sure they don't shag animals or other men

Originally Posted by Eclan
The key word in your statement is "IMO."

.
well, there is a reasonable assumption that it wasn't a coincidence, or you suggest there was another extraordinary thing that happened which made him do all of this

Originally Posted by Eclan
Correction: It's a crime there but not a sin for an atheist.
I meant it's a sin to accuse others of killing 200 innocent men without even knowing what was his intention.
AreOut is offline  
Old 30th Dec 2022, 05:14
  #299 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: victoria bc
Age: 81
Posts: 77
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What I have posted here is simply a collection of facts. They point to a conclusion based on logic that some, like me will see as not only possible but probable. However, as long as the airplane remains undiscovered there is no proof of anything. No facts are indisputable no matter how they add up. This was an international disaster, with potential for far more than legal and financial consequences. So far, those who choose to speculate on other possibilities far outnumber those who don’t.
ferry pilot is offline  
Old 30th Dec 2022, 05:52
  #300 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: victoria bc
Age: 81
Posts: 77
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by megan
You suggesting the Captain was gay?
He had an active online presence and a far more liberal attitude toward alternate lifestyles than his fellow pilots and government employer. He may or may not have been gay, but left himself open to the same charges his friend faced, perhaps because of the company he kept. Fabricated maybe, but he was playing politics in an unforgiving world. Spend some time digging into who he really was. Activist hardly begins to describe him.
ferry pilot is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.