Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

Covid Vaccines and Pilots

Old 1st May 2022, 09:19
  #81 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: East of Westralia
Posts: 499
Originally Posted by dr dre View Post
And no one was “coerced”, you could choose not to get vaccinated and accept the potential loss of employment with that choice.
Well coerced can be defined as:
“to compel to an act or choice.”

Sounds like coercion to me!!

ScepticalOptomist is online now  
Old 1st May 2022, 10:15
  #82 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Lake Como
Posts: 47
The Melbourne Uni Vaccine Hesitancy Tracker
From their website;

The survey is fielded every two weeks, and each survey wave contains responses from 1200 persons, aged 18 years and over.

1200 persons out of a population of 26,000,000 thats 0.004% of the population
Lezzeno is offline  
Old 1st May 2022, 12:20
  #83 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Perth, WESTERN AUSTRALIA
Age: 70
Posts: 846
Originally Posted by Lezzeno View Post
From their website;

The survey is fielded every two weeks, and each survey wave contains responses from 1200 persons, aged 18 years and over.

1200 persons out of a population of 26,000,000 thats 0.004% of the population
Considering how difficult it is to get a reliable opinion out of an infant then your 1200 will actually be out of something like 15 million.
But that's pretty much how every survey works.
WingNut60 is offline  
Old 2nd May 2022, 03:00
  #84 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: australia
Posts: 310
Funny how being "fully vaccinated" was so important 3 months ago when the Australian government created an absolute circus over Novak Djokovic and the huge risk he posed to the Australian community if they let him in.

And 3 months later....all international arrivals are no longer required to be vaccinated, nor quarantine on arrival. Funny how the so called "expert medical" advice can change so drastically in the blink of an eye.

I regret getting my Pfizer jabs too as I have had intermittent chest pain since being vaccinated (as have many others that I know personally).

Last edited by mikewil; 2nd May 2022 at 03:02. Reason: grammatical error
mikewil is offline  
Old 2nd May 2022, 03:24
  #85 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 327
Originally Posted by mikewil View Post
Funny how being "fully vaccinated" was so important 3 months ago when the Australian government created an absolute circus over Novak Djokovic and the huge risk he posed to the Australian community if they let him in.

And 3 months later....all international arrivals are no longer required to be vaccinated, nor quarantine on arrival. Funny how the so called "expert medical" advice can change so drastically in the blink of an eye.

I regret getting my Pfizer jabs too as I have had intermittent chest pain since being vaccinated (as have many others that I know personally).
I don't believe it's overly funny. On your first point, it wasn't so much personal risk from the Joker. It was the public perception. At the time there were enforced restrictions at the border. If they let one person, particularly a celebrity, there would have been anarchy.
As for your second point, again not overly funny (I sense you have a warped sense of humour). The expert medical advice is dynamic. Public health is all about risk management. That's why the entire world didn't go into lockdown with so many more deadly diseases (think Ebola). At the time of Delta and high case-fatality, governments needed to be seen as doing something to minimise this ratio. Border restrictions and lockdowns, as well as personal protective measures were utlised and worked. The stats speak for themselves. As soon as that risk-benefit alters, so should and does the protective measures including removing the border restrictions. Thankfully now with greater immunity through either infection or vaccination, the disease severity has decreased, along with the pathogenicity of the the virus (eg. infects upper respiratory tract vs lower etc).

As for your last comment. For the upteenth time, it's not about you. It's about society. I'm assuming your wait for your 'cleared for takeoff' instruction before actually pushing those thrust levers forward. Why? Because if you blatantly ignored their (ATC) instructions, bad things happen to not just you but the 170 sitting behind your paddle-pop opening door, as well as the 170 plus you could collide with. My point is you follow the law with mandated policies for safety and minimisation of risk. It's the same with vaccines. Hospitals introduced Hep B, MMR, Varicella, Influenza vaccines (mandatory) to protect the provider, but more importantly the patients. It's not a conspiracy of the government or pharmaceutical companies to make more money. I didn't see Scomo retreating his arm as the cameras closed in on his biceps. Public good. Now I'm off to deliver food to the door of my son who has covid and thankfully a mild case in all likelyhood because he was vaccinated.
HappyBandit is offline  
Old 2nd May 2022, 03:55
  #86 (permalink)  
swh

Eidolon
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Some hole
Posts: 2,110
Originally Posted by mikewil View Post
Funny how being "fully vaccinated" was so important 3 months ago when the Australian government created an absolute circus over Novak Djokovic and the huge risk he posed to the Australian community if they let him in.

And 3 months later....all international arrivals are no longer required to be vaccinated, nor quarantine on arrival. Funny how the so called "expert medical" advice can change so drastically in the blink of an eye.

I regret getting my Pfizer jabs too as I have had intermittent chest pain since being vaccinated (as have many others that I know personally).
NJ never had any desire to ever comply with the requirements, he would have needed to have had his first vaccination 10 weeks before turning up, He would have had a lot more credibility with his case if he had one vaccination and then subsequently tested positive. However even when he tested positive he should have already had his second immunisation.

To hold a valid exemption in Australia the doctor that issues the exemption needs to place that on the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR), the same place the vaccination records are kept. However he did not meet the requirements to have an exemption on the AIR.

Hong Kong had a policy of zero COVID, locking individuals and communities up if they had COVID. The vaccination drive was low. At the start off the year Hong Kong had around 200 deaths from COVID, and a low community wide vaccination rate. Omicron got in and spread rampant, there is now over 9000 COVID deaths, overtaking Australia with a smaller population. 75% of the people who died were unvaccinated.

you can read the data for yourself https://www.covidvaccine.gov.hk/pdf/death_analysis.pdf

swh is offline  
Old 2nd May 2022, 07:14
  #87 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: australia
Posts: 310
Originally Posted by HappyBandit View Post
As for your last comment. For the upteenth time, it's not about you. It's about society. I'm assuming your wait for your 'cleared for takeoff' instruction before actually pushing those thrust levers forward. Why? Because if you blatantly ignored their (ATC) instructions, bad things happen to not just you but the 170 sitting behind your paddle-pop opening door, as well as the 170 plus you could collide with. My point is you follow the law with mandated policies for safety and minimisation of risk. It's the same with vaccines. Hospitals introduced Hep B, MMR, Varicella, Influenza vaccines (mandatory) to protect the provider, but more importantly the patients. It's not a conspiracy of the government or pharmaceutical companies to make more money. I didn't see Scomo retreating his arm as the cameras closed in on his biceps. Public good. Now I'm off to deliver food to the door of my son who has covid and thankfully a mild case in all likelyhood because he was vaccinated.
There is an obvious difference between the necessity to follow rules like instructions given by ATC and laws made "in the name of safety" just for the sake of it. When we are constantly being given conflicting instructions state by state and month by month, it is no wonder that people don't trust the official narrative. Like to be considered a "close contact" of someone with the virus, the magical number was increased from 15 minutes to 4 hours. I wonder what "scientific" data that was based on. 4 hours sitting next to someone on a couch, or 30 seconds walking past someone who happens to sneeze at just that moment. Hey, I'd still not be a close contact of the second option there, rules are rules.

At my grandmothers nursing home they now have a requirement that in order to visit, you are required to wear both a mask and a face shield to prevent the spread of COVID to this vulnerable group of people, seems reasonable I guess...not of you consider that I can also pick my grandmother up and take her out and spend a day at a Westfield or a few hours at the MCG with crowds cheering and spitting all over her only to return her to the "safety" of the COVID free nursing home afterwards. Too bad if one of the hundreds of drunks projecting their saliva all over her at the footy happened to have COVID....oops, but better make sure I wear that shield when visiting. Rules are rules and always for good reason.

And about there not being some 'conspiracy' for pharmaceutical companies to make money. It is no conspiracy that a company wants to make money - as much of it as possible. Pharmaceutical companies do not want illnesses to be cured for the same reason that oil companies do not want electric cars to become viable and affordable. As far as a pharmaceutical company is concerned, a sick society is a profitable one, you don't have to be a 'conspiracy nutter' to work that one out.
mikewil is offline  
Old 2nd May 2022, 12:44
  #88 (permalink)  
22k
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 100
Originally Posted by Wizofoz View Post
Corelation does not equal causation.
What?! Keep those fingers in your ears and scream as much as you like.

What you have just done is show how much of a moron you are, and subhuman.

Honestly, you’re so up yourself that you’d tell Stephen Hawking he’s got astrophysics wrong and that you know better.

Insufferably arrogant.

Surreal, god I feel for you mate, so sorry that has happened to you and I hope you’re able to make some sort of recovery from that. That’s just horrible. Don’t worry about the know it alls here who seem to know about your medical life better than you, they obviously aren’t liked by their families and have too much time to spend alone. I’m sure that they will tell you what’s wrong with you and how to fix it anyday now, as they all seem to be medical experts now as well as space shuttle pilots!
22k is offline  
Old 2nd May 2022, 20:01
  #89 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Posts: 1,150
Originally Posted by 22k View Post
What?! Keep those fingers in your ears and scream as much as you like.

What you have just done is show how much of a moron you are, and subhuman.

Honestly, you’re so up yourself that you’d tell Stephen Hawking he’s got astrophysics wrong and that you know better.

Insufferably arrogant.

Surreal, god I feel for you mate, so sorry that has happened to you and I hope you’re able to make some sort of recovery from that. That’s just horrible. Don’t worry about the know it alls here who seem to know about your medical life better than you, they obviously aren’t liked by their families and have too much time to spend alone. I’m sure that they will tell you what’s wrong with you and how to fix it anyday now, as they all seem to be medical experts now as well as space shuttle pilots!
Yea because Stephen Hawking is the same as some guy diagnosing himself via Google, you Sir are the moron, the world is falling apart because lay people have decided they know better than the scientists and medical professionals. No one here is saying Surreal is not vaccine injured but are saying you can’t say that you are vaccine injured based on the fact you have had the vaccine, it requires investigation and a medical professional to show a link…l remind me again how many of the Doctors Surreal has seen have told him his condition was caused by the vaccine?
Ollie Onion is offline  
Old 2nd May 2022, 23:41
  #90 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Lost in Space
Posts: 264
Originally Posted by 22k View Post
What?! Keep those fingers in your ears and scream as much as you like.

What you have just done is show how much of a moron you are, and subhuman.

Honestly, you’re so up yourself that you’d tell Stephen Hawking he’s got astrophysics wrong and that you know better.

Insufferably arrogant.

Surreal, god I feel for you mate, so sorry that has happened to you and I hope you’re able to make some sort of recovery from that. That’s just horrible. Don’t worry about the know it alls here who seem to know about your medical life better than you, they obviously aren’t liked by their families and have too much time to spend alone. I’m sure that they will tell you what’s wrong with you and how to fix it anyday now, as they all seem to be medical experts now as well as space shuttle pilots!

Thanks for articulating my thoughts with more vigor…..

👍🏼
t_cas is offline  
Old 3rd May 2022, 01:59
  #91 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Posts: 4,556
Originally Posted by 22k View Post
What?! Keep those fingers in your ears and scream as much as you like.

What you have just done is show how much of a moron you are, and subhuman.

Honestly, you’re so up yourself that you’d tell Stephen Hawking he’s got astrophysics wrong and that you know better.

Insufferably arrogant.

Surreal, god I feel for you mate, so sorry that has happened to you and I hope you’re able to make some sort of recovery from that. That’s just horrible. Don’t worry about the know it alls here who seem to know about your medical life better than you, they obviously aren’t liked by their families and have too much time to spend alone. I’m sure that they will tell you what’s wrong with you and how to fix it anyday now, as they all seem to be medical experts now as well as space shuttle pilots!
So you believe co-relation DOES prove causation?
Wizofoz is offline  
Old 3rd May 2022, 09:41
  #92 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Lost in Space
Posts: 264
Originally Posted by Wizofoz View Post
So you believe co-relation DOES prove causation?
It would appear you are a binary type…..

Zero empathy.
t_cas is offline  
Old 3rd May 2022, 12:30
  #93 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Posts: 4,556
Originally Posted by t_cas View Post
It would appear you are a binary type…..

Zero empathy.
No, I am very empatheric. But pointing out someone may be mistaken in their conclusions isn't being mean, it's being truthful.
Wizofoz is offline  
Old 4th May 2022, 04:45
  #94 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: tossbagville
Posts: 321
You lot are embarrassing. Novak has the courage of his convictions, he is risking more career wise than all of you. He hasn't backed down on what he believes in and it has cost him significantly legacy wise. Why are you threatened by someone who has different beliefs than you? Has he and others not the right to question science? That's what science is right? Or is it blindly believing a scientist, many who have got it seriously wrong over the covid period. If you are not questioning the science that is put forward than you are a sheep and I question your career choice.

(Double vaxxed, boosted, vaccination believer but not threatened by people who question the world they live in)
tossbag is offline  
Old 5th May 2022, 03:52
  #95 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Aus
Posts: 42
This is worth watching for alternative opinions from credible avmed doctors

https://www.bitchute.com/video/AFe5osde2WjX/
Lloyd Braun is offline  
Old 5th May 2022, 09:46
  #96 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Posts: 1,150
‘Credible’ is a bit of a stretch.
Ollie Onion is offline  
Old 5th May 2022, 23:02
  #97 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Lake Como
Posts: 47
‘Credible’ is a bit of a stretch.
Which of the doctors in the video is not 'credible'?
Lezzeno is offline  
Old 6th May 2022, 02:17
  #98 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Europe
Posts: 280
https://www.thedailyexaminer.co.nz/a...mVXgUBSoDzDyj0

👍👍👍👍👍
74world is offline  
Old 6th May 2022, 02:40
  #99 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: tossbagville
Posts: 321
Which of the doctors in the video is not 'credible'?
Exactly, who's credible? Who's not? And how do decide who is and not?
tossbag is offline  
Old 6th May 2022, 06:38
  #100 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The World
Posts: 1,714
Originally Posted by tossbag View Post
Exactly, who's credible? Who's not? And how do decide who is and not?
Those in the above video:

A doctor who thinks vaccines contain anti-freeze

A doctor who threatens to ground those who had received the vaccine

A lawyer who says the Covid Vaccine causes AIDS


Generally you can determine who is credible by looking at the platforms where they get their opinions published and voices heard. And how much they are respected by their peers. Those featured in Hood’s video above are restricted to having their opinions posted on anti vax conspiracy sites and are not widely regarded by known medical associations.
dr dre is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.