Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

QF mandates Vaccine

Old 10th Sep 2021, 20:33
  #381 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Australia
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Angle of Attack
Leaky vaccines? Lol I’m just amazed what a bunch of tossers are posting in pprune. If you had primary school science aka 6 year olds, you would realise the term “leaky vaccines” is an absolute oxymoron. Any idiots talking about taking a anti-parasitic drug for COVID are just as deluded. Pilots fly airplanes our opinions on medicine is basically kindergarten. Bloody tossers….
Again, you have no idea what you're talking about. You're all so angry about the fact that there's potential treatments out there for the virus, and there's strong cognitive dissonance clearly around the topic amongst those of you that believe that the leaky vaccines are a silver bullet.

Studies have shown that disease interventions that aim to prevent symptoms without preventing transmission can have dangerous evolutionary consequences and need to be considered in cases with imperfect vaccines. Leaky vaccines are a known dilemma in the scientific community.

The same with Ivermectin. Just because you select one discredited study and a seemingly biased news article written by a journalist (not a doctor) that holds it up as central proof that Ivermectin doesn't work doesn't make it so. Studies remain ongoing.

No need for all the childish ad-hominem attacks when you yourselves don't even know what you're talking about.
Peter_L is offline  
Old 10th Sep 2021, 20:59
  #382 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The World
Posts: 2,315
Received 389 Likes on 211 Posts
Originally Posted by Peter_L
Again, you have no idea what you're talking about. You're all so angry about the fact that there's potential treatments out there for the virus, and there's strong cognitive dissonance clearly around the topic amongst those of you that believe that the leaky vaccines are a silver bullet.

Studies have shown that disease interventions that aim to prevent symptoms without preventing transmission can have dangerous evolutionary consequences and need to be considered in cases with imperfect vaccines. Leaky vaccines are a known dilemma in the scientific community.
You didn’t happen to take up that stance after listening to Joe Rogan’s podcast last month where he “discovered” a study he thought exposed the dangers of “leaky vaccines” by any chance?

If so he’s dead wrong, here’s the author of the study debunking his (and your) argument:

‘Joe Rogan Is Getting This Completely Wrong,’ Says The Scientist Who Conducted The Vaccine Study

That’s what you get when you listen to a dumb UFC commentator without any scientific education for your medical information.
dr dre is offline  
Old 10th Sep 2021, 21:20
  #383 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Posts: 4,790
Received 46 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Peter_L
Again, you have no idea what you're talking about. You're all so angry about the fact that there's potential treatments out there for the virus, and there's strong cognitive dissonance clearly around the topic amongst those of you that believe that the leaky vaccines are a silver bullet.

Studies have shown that disease interventions that aim to prevent symptoms without preventing transmission can have dangerous evolutionary consequences and need to be considered in cases with imperfect vaccines. Leaky vaccines are a known dilemma in the scientific community.

The same with Ivermectin. Just because you select one discredited study and a seemingly biased news article written by a journalist (not a doctor) that holds it up as central proof that Ivermectin doesn't work doesn't make it so. Studies remain ongoing.

No need for all the childish ad-hominem attacks when you yourselves don't even know what you're talking about.
Still waiting for those "Dozens of studies"- can't find 'em, eh?
Wizofoz is offline  
Old 10th Sep 2021, 22:34
  #384 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Mycenae
Posts: 507
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
You didn’t happen to take up that stance after listening to Joe Rogan’s podcast last month where he “discovered” a study he thought exposed the dangers of “leaky vaccines” by any chance?
This guy’s podcasts seems to be particularly referenced by people I’ve heard expressing anti-vaccine/pro-ivermectin views. They describe having the vaccines as ‘putting sh*t in my arm’ which seems to be terminology he uses in the brief clips I’ve heard.
StudentInDebt is offline  
Old 10th Sep 2021, 22:43
  #385 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Skating away on the thin ice of a new day.
Posts: 1,116
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Cochrane reviews are regarded as the recognized gold standard for evaluating medical interventions and pharmaceuticals. They have concluded there is no quality evidence ivermectin works in prevention or treatment of covid disease. Studies are on-going as they should. It worked well in-vitro but at very high concentrations Fact check

Some studies that found ivermectin effective have been withdrawn due to possible plagiarism and randomization issues Here

And here

If that's not good enough, Merck, who make it, could well make a fortune selling it say don't use it for covid. Here

If quality, randomized, peer reviewed evidence appears and it is then approved by regulatory authorities for use in treating or preventing covid disease I'll change my view . That's how science works. I did not study science, virology, epidemiology or medicine at university. I trust that between them they can work out what is fact and fiction . And what works and when, on what disease and pass that on to regulatory authorities.

The efficacy of drugs or interventions is not and should not be decided by one's political leaning, which this has become . Listen to actual experts that spend life times trying to fix and prevent disease.

Don't earn a Herman Cain award. Herman Cain Award

Far too many rely on alternative intervention, macho bravado, prayer warriors and anti left or main stream medicine memes to protect them. Many die leaving big medical bills and kids without a parent or parents in some cases.
ampclamp is offline  
Old 10th Sep 2021, 23:32
  #386 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Land of Oz
Posts: 306
Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts
Well said ampclamp. The antivaxers that eventually die, and there’s lots of them, all recant in the end, just before they go on the vent, never to be seen or heard again. Darwinism for all to see………………………
No Idea Either is online now  
Old 10th Sep 2021, 23:38
  #387 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 3,079
Received 151 Likes on 66 Posts
The efficacy of drugs or interventions is not and should not be decided by one's political leaning, which this has become . Listen to actual experts that spend life times trying to fix and prevent disease.
Just be wary of who actually pays the 'experts' though.
neville_nobody is offline  
Old 10th Sep 2021, 23:46
  #388 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: perth
Posts: 93
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Why rely on media reports? C19study.com has 114 research papers published about Ivermectin ( and many other treatments ) Any study that used Ivermectin by itself and not in combination with other therapeutics is designed to fail. Any study that didn't use early out-patient treatment is designed to fail.
bolthead is offline  
Old 11th Sep 2021, 01:20
  #389 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 449
Received 39 Likes on 14 Posts
www.sorryantivaxxer.com

Never before have humans been able to witness evolution in such real time. It’s quite fascinating really.
Fonz121 is offline  
Old 11th Sep 2021, 02:58
  #390 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 84
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by No Idea Either
Well said ampclamp. The antivaxers that eventually die, and there’s lots of them, all recant in the end, just before they go on the vent, never to be seen or heard again. Darwinism for all to see………………………
Trouble is that they breed before they die
Chris2303 is offline  
Old 11th Sep 2021, 07:01
  #391 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Posts: 1,447
Received 228 Likes on 78 Posts
The problem with many anitvaxxers is that they have lived in a world where some pretty bloody scary diseases have effectively been eradicated by…… vaccines. This has given them the ability to ‘not’ get vaccinated and then blabber on about how they don’t need vaccines as they have never been sick. This will become a pandemic of the unvaccinated and as some of them die drowning in their own fluids they may regret their stance.
Ollie Onion is offline  
Old 11th Sep 2021, 07:14
  #392 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Oz
Posts: 25
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ollie Onion
The problem with many anitvaxxers is that they have lived in a world where some pretty bloody scary diseases have effectively been eradicated by…… vaccines. This has given them the ability to ‘not’ get vaccinated and then blabber on about how they don’t need vaccines as they have never been sick. This will become a pandemic of the unvaccinated and as some of them die drowning in their own fluids they may regret their stance.
Yup. Agree.
There is an upside however.
The average IQ will increase.
Grumpy retiree is offline  
Old 11th Sep 2021, 07:24
  #393 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mexico
Posts: 99
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
On another thread that has since been shut down somebody asked how can it be that a senior Pilot with over 50 years in the game can be in a high anxiety state about retiring with nothing.
The answer is pretty simple.
Pilots know f#ck all about anything other than flying.
But because aviation , particularly at the airline level , requires a certain personality type many Pilots THINK they should have an opinion on everything.
Including high finance , how to run a business , foreign policy ,medieval history and , of course , the validity or otherwise of COVID vaccinations.
Its an ongoing mystery.
All I can say to junior F/Os is don’t take financial / investment or relationship advise from the guy in the left hand seat. You might find to your surprise years later that they are living alone in a caravan chocked on bricks , after three divorces , living of two minute noodles.
It has always been thus.
Anybody knows why let me know.
Well said Grumpster, this is why I avoided Fatty's for years. It wasn't until the lil' tacker sent the dugong via DXB that I started sampling the delights of Skinny & his bro.
Qanchor is offline  
Old 11th Sep 2021, 09:59
  #394 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Australia
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris2303
Trouble is that they breed before they die
Honestly, you people are abhorrent. You claim you take the vaccine for the good of people around you, yet wish death on those who are not vaccinated.

This debate has become so toxic. Who knew knew pilots were the guardians of all things science and the moral police.

And yes, studies on Ivermectin remain ongoing. It stands to reason that if you can develop a leaky vaccine that is religiously worshipped by people such as the morally bankrupt on this thread, then a treatment could also be uncovered and utilised in the same time frame.
Peter_L is offline  
Old 11th Sep 2021, 10:45
  #395 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: sincity
Posts: 1,200
Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Peter_L
Honestly, you people are abhorrent. You claim you take the vaccine for the good of people around you, yet wish death on those who are not vaccinated.

This debate has become so toxic. Who knew knew pilots were the guardians of all things science and the moral police.

And yes, studies on Ivermectin remain ongoing. It stands to reason that if you can develop a leaky vaccine that is religiously worshipped by people such as the morally bankrupt on this thread, then a treatment could also be uncovered and utilised in the same time frame.
A leaky vaccineWhich dead**** blog did you lift that one from? Engage your brain FFS
maggot is offline  
Old 11th Sep 2021, 11:04
  #396 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Oz
Posts: 25
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Peter_L
Honestly, you people are abhorrent. You claim you take the vaccine for the good of people around you, yet wish death on those who are not vaccinated.

This debate has become so toxic. Who knew knew pilots were the guardians of all things science and the moral police.

And yes, studies on Ivermectin remain ongoing. It stands to reason that if you can develop a leaky vaccine that is religiously worshipped by people such as the morally bankrupt on this thread, then a treatment could also be uncovered and utilised in the same time frame.
Um , no.
Nobody is wishing death on anybody.
You are doing it all to yourself.
Live in your fantasy world right up until you wake up with a scratchy throat and a fever.
Then you will be occupying an ICU bed that should be in use by somebody other than a dumb xxxx
The majority who are vaccinated are losing patience.
Grumpy retiree is offline  
Old 11th Sep 2021, 11:22
  #397 (permalink)  
short flights long nights
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 3,888
Received 158 Likes on 51 Posts
I’m sorry. Can some one explain to me what is a ‘ leaky vaccine’? At the same time can you also explain how other wise sensible people believe that this is all some sort of government conspiracy?


The man I spent almost 3 months with, teaching me “ line training’ on how to drive trains.. is convinced it is. I have/had great respect for him..but his conspiracy of ‘ the Truth is out there, but it’s being banned by the Government ‘ stuff is becoming close to paranoid.

I just don’t get it.
SOPS is offline  
Old 11th Sep 2021, 11:28
  #398 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: The Coal Face
Posts: 1,313
Received 341 Likes on 132 Posts
Originally Posted by SOPS
I’m sorry. Can some one explain to me what is a ‘ leaky vaccine’? At the same time can you also explain how other wise sensible people believe that this is all some sort of government conspiracy?


The man I spent almost 3 months with, teaching me “ line training’ on how to drive trains.. is convinced it is. I have/had great respect for him..but his conspiracy of ‘ the Truth is out there, but it’s being banned by the Government ‘ stuff is becoming close to paranoid.

I just don’t get it.
I blame television. People think it's real. I like how you're asking what a leaky vaccine is on a pilots website. Like we would know.
Chronic Snoozer is online now  
Old 11th Sep 2021, 12:12
  #399 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The World
Posts: 2,315
Received 389 Likes on 211 Posts
Originally Posted by SOPS
I’m sorry. Can some one explain to me what is a ‘ leaky vaccine’? At the same time can you also explain how other wise sensible people believe that this is all some sort of government conspiracy?
It’s a theory that if vaccination doesn’t completely stop infections (sterilising immunity) then the virus will mutate to more virulent forms in vaccinated people.

In the case of Covid it’s been totally debunked.

Vaccinated people are not 'creating' coronavirus variants

Its being pushed by some including Joe Rogan, who once had a decent podcast but has jumped on the anti-vaxxer and conspiracy theorist bandwagon of late. He’s the most popular podcaster in the world and a lot of young Australian men follow his program religiously. And he’s been spreading unscientific nonsense about vaccines and the pandemic quite constantly

Joe Rogan is using his wildly popular podcast to question vaccines. Experts are fighting back.
dr dre is offline  
Old 11th Sep 2021, 12:13
  #400 (permalink)  
short flights long nights
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 3,888
Received 158 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Chronic Snoozer
I blame television. People think it's real. I like how you're asking what a leaky vaccine is on a pilots website. Like we would know.
Well there appears to be pilots on here that won’t have a leaky vaccine .. so I thought they would be experts.
SOPS is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.