Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

Network Aviation East Coast

Old 27th Dec 2020, 05:07
  #61 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: home
Posts: 518
Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts
You 737 w@nkers make me laugh, flying a 60s technology tractor and still somehow think your crap doesn't stink. You might be the greatest pilots in the world but you certainly are not the smartest.
We flogged much older 320s around SE Asia with barely an unscheduled overnight.
Maybe just once, try and look outside your tiny bubble
airdualbleedfault is offline  
Old 27th Dec 2020, 05:52
  #62 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: HKG
Posts: 399
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by airdualbleedfault
You 737 w@nkers make me laugh, flying a 60s technology tractor and still somehow think your crap doesn't stink. You might be the greatest pilots in the world but you certainly are not the smartest.
We flogged much older 320s around SE Asia with barely an unscheduled overnight.
Maybe just once, try and look outside your tiny bubble
Settle down old mate, I too would chose to fly an A320 any day of the week over a 737 (if I had the choice). It’s quieter, roomier, better workload distribution between crew, etc, etc.

But I guess at the end of of the day, who cares it’s just an aeroplane- we fly what the airlines tell us to. Shame we all can’t laugh about the differences.
Green.Dot is offline  
Old 27th Dec 2020, 10:04
  #63 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 45
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by airdualbleedfault
You 737 w@nkers make me laugh, flying a 60s technology tractor and still somehow think your crap doesn't stink. You might be the greatest pilots in the world but you certainly are not the smartest.
We flogged much older 320s around SE Asia with barely an unscheduled overnight.
Maybe just once, try and look outside your tiny bubble
LOL, are you a bit sleep deprived like crew that sleep on couches on unscheduled overnights because there is no engineering support in port?
flyingfrenchman is offline  
Old 27th Dec 2020, 23:14
  #64 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: S16 47.2'
Posts: 180
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Buttscratcher
Did anyone protest when the 73s took over some of the mine charter work previously being flown by Network?.
This is gold. I would’ve loved to see the responses if they had.
Left 270 is offline  
Old 2nd Jan 2021, 10:50
  #65 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Cill
Posts: 150
Received 118 Likes on 38 Posts
Snoop

Originally Posted by aseriesofleftturns
Love the digs at Network crew from the usual antiquated mainline blokes, who are seemingly misdirecting their anger and usual bitterness at the wrong people. Referencing facial hair, and referring to them as "try hards".

You blokes have had it too good, for too long. Thankfully your industry relevance is coming to a swift end, and perhaps only then will you realise you were not as great, nor cared about as you tell yourselves.
4th Sept 2019 you wrote in JQ Aus NZ Positions
Originally Posted by aseriesofleftturns
Internal EOI's went out today for JQ for placements early next year. Fingers crossed this is also extended to external applicants soon.
You mean the credibility and industry relevance that's adorned on your F100s tail and all the perks ...

Why is it popular to grandstand being paid less for doing the same thing ...
ShandywithSugar is offline  
Old 2nd Jan 2021, 11:36
  #66 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 589
Received 319 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by aseriesofleftturns
You blokes have had it too good, for too long. Thankfully your industry relevance is coming to a swift end, and perhaps only then will you realise you were not as great, nor cared about as you tell yourselves.
Why would you have a go at another Pilot group for successfully negotiating better terms and conditions then yours?

You should be working hard to ensure your conditions are improved not trying to drag another group down to your level.
aussieflyboy is offline  
Old 2nd Jan 2021, 11:47
  #67 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: I prefer to remain north of a direct line BNE-ADL
Age: 49
Posts: 1,286
Likes: 0
Received 33 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by aseriesofleftturns
Love the digs at Network crew from the usual antiquated mainline blokes, who are seemingly misdirecting their anger and usual bitterness at the wrong people. Referencing facial hair, and referring to them as "try hards".

You blokes have had it too good, for too long. Thankfully your industry relevance is coming to a swift end, and perhaps only then will you realise you were not as great, nor cared about as you tell yourselves.
Your either a young schmuck or someone with no idea, but I agree that you should re direct your whinges not to your fellow air crew but perhaps the masters that are enslaving you? Once this turns around Network will be like a deer with no eyes, No idea, and no crew...that’s a given.
Angle of Attack is offline  
Old 2nd Jan 2021, 12:01
  #68 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The World
Posts: 2,312
Received 381 Likes on 208 Posts
Awww sweetie, at what stage of the process did your mainline application fail?

If I was you I’d be pushing for an MOU for mainline positions like the JQ/mainline MOU. It’d be your best chance of flying something other than a clapped out 320.
dr dre is offline  
Old 2nd Jan 2021, 12:13
  #69 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Hyperspace
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dr dre
Awww sweetie, at what stage of the process did your mainline application fail?

If I was you I’d be pushing for an MOU for mainline positions like the JQ/mainline MOU. It’d be your best chance of flying something other than a clapped out 320.
As a second officer......
Arthur D is offline  
Old 2nd Jan 2021, 21:48
  #70 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: FNQ ... It's Permanent!
Posts: 4,296
Received 170 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by aseriesofleftturns
Because that same pilot group have resorted to verbal (and supposedly physical attacks) on a regional cohort
Physical attacks?
Capt Fathom is online now  
Old 2nd Jan 2021, 22:49
  #71 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 164
Likes: 0
Received 25 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Capt Fathom
Physical attacks?
I call BS. Compensatory statement to try and justify his/her silly post I’d imagine.
Chad Gates is offline  
Old 2nd Jan 2021, 23:34
  #72 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 45
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aseriesofleftturns
Majority of NWK guys/gals over the years are merely happy to have nabbed a jet gig out of GA...
Have they though?
flyingfrenchman is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2021, 04:53
  #73 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: In a house
Posts: 402
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by aseriesofleftturns
Love the digs at Network crew from the usual antiquated mainline blokes, who are seemingly misdirecting their anger and usual bitterness at the wrong people. Referencing facial hair, and referring to them as "try hards".

You blokes have had it too good, for too long. Thankfully your industry relevance is coming to a swift end, and perhaps only then will you realise you were not as great, nor cared about as you tell yourselves.

Troll alert. Good attempt though.

Blueskymine is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2021, 05:24
  #74 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 478
Likes: 0
Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts
Majority of NWK guys/gals over the years are merely happy to have nabbed a jet gig out of GA...

Have they though?
This is the official CASA definition of General Aviation:

Definitions


Defined as all non-scheduled flying activity in aircraft allocated a VH registration by CASA, but excluding VH-registered sailplanes (powered and unpowered). Ultralight aircraft, hang gliders and autogyros are also excluded.
I suppose this means a Qantas A380 on a "non-scheduled" flight is also GA
John Citizen is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2021, 08:45
  #75 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: australia
Posts: 70
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aseriesofleftturns
Because that same pilot group have resorted to verbal (and supposedly physical attacks)
such as what exactly? What physical attacks have been perpetrated? Provide evidence if at all possible....
almostthere! is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2021, 09:35
  #76 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 189
Received 113 Likes on 31 Posts
Probably just hearsay, but is there any truth to the rumour about a mainline pilot calling a network pilot a “scab” in the Perth staff car park?

I don’t know how I would in that situation, but it wouldn’t be favourably. It has to be one of the most disgusting words I have ever heard.

davidclarke is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2021, 10:13
  #77 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Unfortunately not the Orient
Posts: 388
Likes: 0
Received 93 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by davidclarke
Probably just hearsay, but is there any truth to the rumour about a mainline pilot calling a network pilot a “scab” in the Perth staff car park?

I don’t know how I would in that situation, but it wouldn’t be favourably. It has to be one of the most disgusting words I have ever heard.
Don't know, and it would be impossible to verify if it did or didn't. It suits the narrative that it did, so therefore to some determined network pilots, it must be true.
The truth is of course, its probably not. Just like all the statements on this site over the years about QF blokes walking past pilots of other airlines and just shunning them in some sort of superiority play. The truth that I've seen is exactly the opposite. But that doesn't suit the narrative of the QF blokes being the bad guys because they get paid more. It actually beggers belief that some on this industry subscribe to that belief. Jealousy I guess, but I can't figure out why anybody in this industry would like to see more lower paid jobs, rather than the opposite. It's crazy.
Thee tall poppy syndrome is alive and well.
SandyPalms is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2021, 10:24
  #78 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Lower North Shore
Posts: 282
Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
How many Network, Eastern, Sunstate, Jetstar or Jetconnect pilots have written books about themselves?
Brakerider is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2021, 10:31
  #79 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 164
Likes: 0
Received 25 Likes on 9 Posts
Do YouTube channels count?
Chad Gates is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2021, 18:40
  #80 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: melbourne
Posts: 787
Received 68 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Brakerider
How many Network, Eastern, Sunstate, Jetstar or Jetconnect pilots have written books about themselves?
Just because 1 person did that,it doesnt mean he has the support or indeed represents the feelings of others he works with(now 'worked with').
You will always find special people popping up when the situation suits.
blubak is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.