Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific
Reload this Page >

Virgin Australia to become more like Virgin America?

Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

Virgin Australia to become more like Virgin America?

Old 19th Jun 2020, 06:18
  #61 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,152
Originally Posted by mppgf View Post
Not quite all. 3 Out of 7 bases are opening and some associated routes from said bases.
Sorry yes looks like some other base flying done out of Sydney.

Avalon and Cairns still a no go?
wheels_down is offline  
Old 19th Jun 2020, 06:31
  #62 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 229
Originally Posted by MickG0105 View Post
Cyrus has just one teensy-weensy, very minor little problem at the moment - they can't fund their bid.

Word is that they are desperately scrounging around for financing partners. Apparently not everyone with money is as bullish on their market assessments and proposed business model as they are. "That's what you said about Flybe." is said to be a commonly repeated response to their advances.

The sad thing is, nothing has gone right since Day One of Administration and, the 'Fractional's' that thought they were in control of the situation, have now nearly lost control of the situation.
Blackout is offline  
Old 19th Jun 2020, 06:34
  #63 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oz
Posts: 849
Originally Posted by wheels_down View Post
Sorry yes looks like some other base flying done out of Sydney.

Avalon and Cairns still a no go?
Not yet.

Avalon should come back as itís all a Dan Andrews taxpayer funded deal. Pulling aircraft out of there probably puts that at risk.

Cairns who knows. They will need a base for 321LR runs to Japan in the not to distant future so axing the base isnít logical to myself.
PoppaJo is offline  
Old 19th Jun 2020, 07:21
  #64 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 173
Originally Posted by mppgf View Post
Not quite all. 3 Out of 7 bases are opening and some associated routes from said bases.
I believe its 4 bases.

AKL
MEL/AVV dual base
SYD
BNE

I reckon ADL/CHC might be in for the chop for cabin crew base perspective. Might survive as pilot bases.
ANstar is offline  
Old 19th Jun 2020, 07:39
  #65 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 348
Originally Posted by ANstar View Post
I believe its 4 bases.

AKL
MEL/AVV dual base
SYD
BNE

I reckon ADL/CHC might be in for the chop for cabin crew base perspective. Might survive as pilot bases.
Not AVV, itís not a part of the Melbourne base from a tech crew perspective.

my money would be on PER getting the chop, given they only do bali, which wonít be back till at least 2021 and even when it does it can be crew by east coast crew overnighting on BOCs.
ECAMACTIONSCOMPLETE is offline  
Old 19th Jun 2020, 08:26
  #66 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 91
Originally Posted by ECAMACTIONSCOMPLETE View Post
Not AVV, itís not a part of the Melbourne base from a tech crew perspective.

my money would be on PER getting the chop, given they only do bali, which wonít be back till at least 2021 and even when it does it can be crew by east coast crew overnighting on BOCs.
Getting the chop ?
mppgf is offline  
Old 19th Jun 2020, 08:46
  #67 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 348
Originally Posted by mppgf View Post
Getting the chop ?
base being closed
ECAMACTIONSCOMPLETE is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.