Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

All borders to reopen.

Old 29th Jun 2021, 07:19
  #5441 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Sydney
Posts: 467
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by turbantime
Foxxster - It’s the Medicare app on your phone. You can save the digital certificate offline within the app. The digital certificate also has holographic features which makes it extremely difficult to forge.
No different to the NSW digital driver’s licence.
I have the app.

please tell me how you propose to enforce this. And the answer is NOT just the same as drivers licences. That’s a hint for you.
Foxxster is offline  
Old 29th Jun 2021, 07:23
  #5442 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: In a pipe in the upstairs water closet
Posts: 302
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Foxxster
bully for you,

is that mandatory. It would have to be.. or to carry a physical form of proof of vaccine.

and how are you going to police it without stopping everyone on the street. Papers please…..logistically impossible.
Europe does it with passport on the phone mostly when checking in on flights, on intercity trains, international ferries and crossing land borders. Some venues with large gatherings have a set up with scanners at the ready at the entrance. Just a smartphone app, produces a QR code so it can be verified and you're on your way The US have a pretty flimsy system of just producing a card from the CDC, but several states (both red and blue) have removed ALL pandemic related policies and are effectively back to normal. Hence why we are seeing a post pandemic boom in travel. Might have something to do with the fact almost 70% have had one dose. US-EU travel this northern summer will be unrestricted, no quarantine either side. I mean, if the Americans can do it...

The UK, while it doesn't have a vaccine passport per se and BoJo is pretty reluctant to implement that type of policy is moving along with his 'irreversible' path out of the pandemic. They've actually set out a target for the threshold the government is willing to accept in the amount of vaccinations that will get the UK out of pandemic control and on with the rest of the world - all while 18,000 cases a day but with minimal hospitalisations. Because treatments are a whole lot better, vaccinations aside.

But alas, Australians know how to do it better. A clear concise message of getting vaccinated but you're still subjected to lockdowns and travel restrictions and can't travel abroad to safe countries and upon returning (if you can get a seat because numbers are still capped) you're still required to quarantine at your expense. A message of changing who is eligible to get the vaccine but change the goal posts every five minutes. A message of you can wait, we've got time, but we want you to get vaccinated as soon as you're eligible (as long as you meet the recently changed eligibility criteria). Most of the developed world have ordered at least 4 or 5 different types of vaccine per country back in July. Australia ordered 2 types in November - but don't forget, according to SloMo, we're ahead of the queue. But the main message that all politicians in Australia would have you believe is that 'there is nowhere else I'd rather be during a pandemic but Australia!'. Really? The 12 or so million people currently in lockdown at the moment might take on a different view to that. You know you've screwed up as a Liberal PM when even Sky News journos are openly bagging and questioning your policies and lack of direction. Maybe he should go back to marketing school.

But we've had little cases! Some here would bellow, to profess a type of arrogant superiority over all others. That was last year's battle. Casualties and the associated fallout was minimal which was terrific and highly commendable. That battle was won, but as the war continues, new fronts with slightly different enemies are approaching from all sides and like any adversary looks for chinks in the armor. This year's battle is different, but we have a highly effective weapon to our advantage, but our generals didn't order enough ammunition.

Our generals prefer to hide under the doona instead.

Fuel-Off
Fuel-Off is offline  
Old 29th Jun 2021, 07:26
  #5443 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Sydney
Posts: 467
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Fuel-Off
Europe does it with passport on the phone mostly when checking in on flights, on intercity trains, international ferries and crossing land borders. Some venues with large gatherings have a set up with scanners at the ready at the entrance. Just a smartphone app, produces a QR code so it can be verified and you're on your way The US have a pretty flimsy system of just producing a card from the CDC, but several states (both red and blue) have removed ALL pandemic related policies and are effectively back to normal. Hence why we are seeing a post pandemic boom in travel. Might have something to do with the fact almost 70% have had one dose. US-EU travel this northern summer will be unrestricted, no quarantine either side. I mean, if the Americans can do it...

The UK, while it doesn't have a vaccine passport per se and BoJo is pretty reluctant to implement that type of policy is moving along with his 'irreversible' path out of the pandemic. They've actually set out a target for the threshold the government is willing to accept in the amount of vaccinations that will get the UK out of pandemic control and on with the rest of the world - all while 18,000 cases a day but with minimal hospitalisations. Because treatments are a whole lot better, vaccinations aside.

But alas, Australians know how to do it better. A clear concise message of getting vaccinated but you're still subjected to lockdowns and travel restrictions and can't travel abroad to safe countries and upon returning (if you can get a seat because numbers are still capped) you're still required to quarantine at your expense. A message of changing who is eligible to get the vaccine but change the goal posts every five minutes. A message of you can wait, we've got time, but we want you to get vaccinated as soon as you're eligible (as long as you meet the recently changed eligibility criteria). Most of the developed world have ordered at least 4 or 5 different types of vaccine per country back in July. Australia ordered 2 types in November - but don't forget, according to SloMo, we're ahead of the queue. But the main message that all politicians in Australia would have you believe is that 'there is nowhere else I'd rather be during a pandemic but Australia!'. Really? The 12 or so million people currently in lockdown at the moment might take on a different view to that. You know you've screwed up as a Liberal PM when even Sky News journos are openly bagging and questioning your policies and lack of direction. Maybe he should go back to marketing school.

But we've had little cases! Some here would bellow, to profess a type of arrogant superiority over all others. That was last year's battle. Casualties and the associated fallout was minimal which was terrific and highly commendable, but as the war continues, new fronts with slightly different enemies are approaching from all sides and like any adversary looks for chinks in the armor. This year's battle is different, but we have a highly effective weapon to our advantage, but our generals didn't order enough ammunition.

Our generals prefer to hide under the doona instead.

Fuel-Off

WE ARE TALKING ABOUT NOW IN AUSTRALIA WITH EXTREMELY LOW,VACCINATION RATES.

now how are you going to police it..on the street. NOT getting on a plane or entering an entertainment venue.

Foxxster is offline  
Old 29th Jun 2021, 07:27
  #5444 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: The Coal Face
Posts: 1,259
Received 287 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by Foxxster
bully for you,

is that mandatory. It would have to be.. or to carry a physical form of proof of vaccine.

and how are you going to police it without stopping everyone on the street. Papers please…..logistically impossible.
Do your own legwork instead of sprouting off on here.
Chronic Snoozer is online now  
Old 29th Jun 2021, 07:28
  #5445 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Asia
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Watch Scomo tonight , his smile will be just a bit bigger . Australians have moved a few more inches to mass vaccinations today .
Torukmacto is offline  
Old 29th Jun 2021, 07:29
  #5446 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Sydney
Posts: 467
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Chronic Snoozer
Do your own legwork instead of sprouting off on here.
thanks for admitting it is impossible to police and a bloody stupid idea.

the original post being if you are vaccinated then you do not have to obey lockdowns. The numbers of police required to adequately enforce and check that people moving about are fully vaccinated would require doubling the police force and stopping EVERYONE on the street.

we don’t have 50%, 60% + vaccinated here so our population is still very vulnerable.. any measures taken in countries where they do have those vaccinated rates therefore are irrelevant.


there are some real …… on here. Grow a brain
Foxxster is offline  
Old 29th Jun 2021, 07:32
  #5447 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Perth
Posts: 203
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fuel-Off
Europe does it with passport on the phone mostly when checking in on flights, on intercity trains, international ferries and crossing land borders. Some venues with large gatherings have a set up with scanners at the ready at the entrance. Just a smartphone app, produces a QR code so it can be verified and you're on your way The US have a pretty flimsy system of just producing a card from the CDC, but several states (both red and blue) have removed ALL pandemic related policies and are effectively back to normal. Hence why we are seeing a post pandemic boom in travel. Might have something to do with the fact almost 70% have had one dose. US-EU travel this northern summer will be unrestricted, no quarantine either side. I mean, if the Americans can do it...

The UK, while it doesn't have a vaccine passport per se and BoJo is pretty reluctant to implement that type of policy is moving along with his 'irreversible' path out of the pandemic. They've actually set out a target for the threshold the government is willing to accept in the amount of vaccinations that will get the UK out of pandemic control and on with the rest of the world - all while 18,000 cases a day but with minimal hospitalisations. Because treatments are a whole lot better, vaccinations aside.

But alas, Australians know how to do it better. A clear concise message of getting vaccinated but you're still subjected to lockdowns and travel restrictions and can't travel abroad to safe countries and upon returning (if you can get a seat because numbers are still capped) you're still required to quarantine at your expense. A message of changing who is eligible to get the vaccine but change the goal posts every five minutes. A message of you can wait, we've got time, but we want you to get vaccinated as soon as you're eligible (as long as you meet the recently changed eligibility criteria). Most of the developed world have ordered at least 4 or 5 different types of vaccine per country back in July. Australia ordered 2 types in November - but don't forget, according to SloMo, we're ahead of the queue. But the main message that all politicians in Australia would have you believe is that 'there is nowhere else I'd rather be during a pandemic but Australia!'. Really? The 12 or so million people currently in lockdown at the moment might take on a different view to that. You know you've screwed up as a Liberal PM when even Sky News journos are openly bagging and questioning your policies and lack of direction. Maybe he should go back to marketing school.

But we've had little cases! Some here would bellow, to profess a type of arrogant superiority over all others. That was last year's battle. Casualties and the associated fallout was minimal which was terrific and highly commendable. That battle was won, but as the war continues, new fronts with slightly different enemies are approaching from all sides and like any adversary looks for chinks in the armor. This year's battle is different, but we have a highly effective weapon to our advantage, but our generals didn't order enough ammunition.

Our generals prefer to hide under the doona instead.

Fuel-Off
The uk is actually seeing 200 hospitalisations PER DAY and is starting to increase. What happens when the hospitals reach capacity? More restrictions?

Israel (highest % vaccination rate in the world) has re-imposed restrictions with face masks and quarantining people who have the delta variant.
jrfsp is offline  
Old 29th Jun 2021, 08:37
  #5448 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: ex EGNM, now NZRO
Posts: 551
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by John Eacott
There's a significant difference in vaccinations given and being fully vaccinated: being at the end of the supply chain and initially limited to mainly AZ jabs with a 12 week gap between the two, we stood little chance of matching countries who (understandably) kept the production for themselves. I'm among a significant number who will be getting their 12 week booster this weekend, and I suspect that the fully vaccinated figures will then boost noticeably.

Apathy and outright agitation against vaccination doesn't help: I can't help but remember everyone (yes, everyone) getting vaccinated against polio, the scourge which has virtually disappeared.




https://www.health.gov.au/initiative...accine-rollout
People forget that polio was a killer and is virtually gone (and smallpox too)

Re. NZ we went for Pfizer but also had the ability to source AZ; I believe we gave out AZ to Fiji, and NZ has also vaccinated the Cook Islands with Pfizer so that tourist bubble could open. It was on our news that we are running low on Pfizer, and like Australia NZ waited so the countries with the highest death rates had access ti it first, which maybe explains the slow rates,
Anti Skid On is offline  
Old 29th Jun 2021, 08:57
  #5449 (permalink)  
-41
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: a
Posts: 187
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Foxxster
thanks for admitting it is impossible to police and a bloody stupid idea.

the original post being if you are vaccinated then you do not have to obey lockdowns. The numbers of police required to adequately enforce and check that people moving about are fully vaccinated would require doubling the police force and stopping EVERYONE on the street.

we don’t have 50%, 60% + vaccinated here so our population is still very vulnerable.. any measures taken in countries where they do have those vaccinated rates therefore are irrelevant.


there are some real …… on here. Grow a brain
maybe they will use tattoos
-41 is offline  
Old 29th Jun 2021, 09:10
  #5450 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Brisvegas
Posts: 3,825
Likes: 0
Received 183 Likes on 86 Posts
Problem there is people play the game by leaving on one passport, but when they need to come back to Australia to get away from Covid they whip out their Australian Passport and demand to be let in
I had looked into this. When you present a foreign passport to leave “they” will see you do not have a visa for Australia and will ask how you entered the country. This force you to show a NZ or AUS passport anyway, so now you are sprung.
The reality is they know if you are an Australian citizen, your name and DOB will flag on the Border Farce system.

We are all being distracted, lock down is only needed because they cannot get us vaccinated due poor management of the purchase of vaccines.

Then they can open borders like most of the world.
Icarus2001 is offline  
Old 29th Jun 2021, 09:13
  #5451 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Brisvegas
Posts: 3,825
Likes: 0
Received 183 Likes on 86 Posts
The uk is actually seeing 200 hospitalisations PER DAY and is starting to increase.
200 in a population of 67 million people.
Icarus2001 is offline  
Old 29th Jun 2021, 09:26
  #5452 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oz
Age: 68
Posts: 1,913
Received 293 Likes on 123 Posts
Originally Posted by vne165
This has to be peak insanity...12 million people in lockdown....nearly 50% of the entire country.
I just hope the states don’t try and suppress the death rate when it takes off once we live in the land of herd immunity. I wouldn’t put it past some states to bring in restrictions when people start dropping like flies (not my problem get the fn jab)

People didn’t like it when Jayne made those statements. I’m glad she didn’t backtrack 100% on those words.
PoppaJo is offline  
Old 29th Jun 2021, 09:48
  #5453 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Perth
Posts: 203
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Icarus2001
200 in a population of 67 million people.
Im not saying, but like everywhere there is a finite capacity. Im not saying that this is an unacceptable number - but what are we doing to get ready for it? Adjusting for population we would see 60-70 per day - can you imagine? No wonder there are no plans for the border to open.

Our hospital system is pretty much maxed out as it is. We should have started preparing for increased capacity 18 months ago. In many states there is little to no ICU dept in the regions.

jrfsp is offline  
Old 29th Jun 2021, 10:03
  #5454 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Australia/India
Posts: 5,233
Received 384 Likes on 193 Posts
I can imagine proper quarantine arrangements and adequate ICU infrastructure, all of which would cost less than the real cost of the lockdowns and border restrictions.
Lead Balloon is offline  
Old 29th Jun 2021, 10:47
  #5455 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Sydney
Posts: 467
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Interesting…regarding the new European vaccine passport.

the interesting part was when she said only AstraZeneca vaccine MADE IN EUROPE is acceptable. Much of ours is made in Australia.


Foxxster is offline  
Old 29th Jun 2021, 10:59
  #5456 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NQLD
Age: 37
Posts: 276
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jrfsp
The uk is actually seeing 200 hospitalisations PER DAY and is starting to increase. What happens when the hospitals reach capacity? More restrictions?
200 per day.

In a country of 67 million…..

That has 122,000 hospital beds available….

Between January-March, 250 people PER DAY were admitted for “General Medicine” (22,000+ in 3 months).

Ahhhhhhh!!!

Bit of perspective please.



A public health system exists to improve outcomes for people affected by disease and injury. If we just “lockdown” for everything, why even bother to have a health system at all???

Ban smoking, driving and alcohol while you’re at it.

And how do you propose a lockdown should be used to prevent the spread of cancer? Or perhaps should people just go to the doctor and use the health system we all pay for?

Last edited by aviation_enthus; 29th Jun 2021 at 11:14.
aviation_enthus is offline  
Old 29th Jun 2021, 11:14
  #5457 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Runcorn,Cheshire,England
Posts: 189
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Icarus2001
200 in a population of 67 million people.
and this figure is ten times less than the numbers in previous waves. The demographic is vastly differant too. Many more younger people this time, which haven’t been vaccinated yet, and they are much less likely to need ICU treatment or ventilation.
The data is freely available on the U.K. NHS website.
3Greens is offline  
Old 29th Jun 2021, 11:17
  #5458 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NQLD
Age: 37
Posts: 276
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 3Greens
The data is freely available on the U.K. NHS website.
Ssssshhhhhhhh!

Don’t tell anyone these things called “facts” are available! They’d all rather believe the latest panic driven, click bait headline.

Thanks to the rest of the world, there is a huge amount of data available to show the effectiveness of vaccines. But in Australia we wouldn’t know that because “the data isn’t clear yet”.
aviation_enthus is offline  
Old 29th Jun 2021, 11:38
  #5459 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not at work
Posts: 1,565
Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by aviation_enthus
200 per day.

In a country of 67 million…..

That has 122,000 hospital beds available….

Between January-March, 250 people PER DAY were admitted for “General Medicine” (22,000+ in 3 months).

Ahhhhhhh!!!

Bit of perspective please.



A public health system exists to improve outcomes for people affected by disease and injury. If we just “lockdown” for everything, why even bother to have a health system at all???

Ban smoking, driving and alcohol while you’re at it.

And how do you propose a lockdown should be used to prevent the spread of cancer? Or perhaps should people just go to the doctor and use the health system we all pay for?
Don’t bother reasoning with jrfsp, he/she has clearly been brainwashed with fear living happily under Herr McGowan’s reich. You know, the people who are OK with a “circuit breaker” lockdown to “crush” the virus, because of 3 whole cases in Perth
Transition Layer is offline  
Old 29th Jun 2021, 12:15
  #5460 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: The Coal Face
Posts: 1,259
Received 287 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by Transition Layer
Don’t bother reasoning with jrfsp, he/she has clearly been brainwashed with fear living happily under Herr McGowan’s reich. You know, the people who are OK with a “circuit breaker” lockdown to “crush” the virus, because of 3 whole cases in Perth
And he as the temerity to provide veiled criticism of Gladys. WA's health system is an utter sh1tfight at the moment. 3rd world stuff. They cannot afford any sort of breakout because the system will quickly become overwhelmed. It's all good though, we have Ningaloo.
Chronic Snoozer is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.