Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

All borders to reopen.

Old 22nd Mar 2021, 07:30
  #4021 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: melbourne
Posts: 493
Originally Posted by DirectAnywhere View Post
The reason ‘life goes on’ is because the vast bulk of people are at least trying to do the right thing. You should be grateful for those that are as you are relying on their compliance. It’s the same as anti vaxxers relying on herd immunity to keep their kids safe if you like - so that they can still go on with life. What arrogance.
Yes,the vast majority do the right thing & that is why we are enjoying life in a somewhat normal scenario whilst on the other hand people in some european countries think they know better & just do what suits them hence the massive number of new cases & deaths every day.
Many will complain about closed borders etc but i know right now where i would rather be.
blubak is offline  
Old 22nd Mar 2021, 09:34
  #4022 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: BBN
Posts: 344
So, Meningococcal case that resulted in a death in SA. Let’s see if the lockdowns and border closure happens. The contact the tracing has begun.

SHVC is online now  
Old 24th Mar 2021, 08:42
  #4023 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Oz
Posts: 273

I am worried the COVID Vaccine will be bad for me elff.
Says it all hey!
Guptar is offline  
Old 25th Mar 2021, 20:17
  #4024 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Tent
Posts: 733
Originally Posted by nomorecatering View Post
Unless you wear masks properly and change them at a maximum of every 2 hrs - whilst having sterilised hands etc, masks do nothing but collect bacteria and other nasties.
Consider the average face mask, sits in the car for a week, spends another week in jeans pocket, gets put on face, gets taken off face by contaminated hand, goes back in pocket, repeat this 50 times. Add the time the mask sits on the floor, licked by the dog etc etc.

A friend of mine who is a microbiologist had one of these masks tested in a lab. To put it bluntly, it was like licking a public bathroom floor.

Never seen a mask used/stored like that.

But is similar to how a headset is treated.
Bend alot is offline  
Old 26th Mar 2021, 07:22
  #4025 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Perth
Posts: 146
Looks like all the other states are closely watching the situation in QLD, at least for now its all "hotspot" location based. The worry with this case the current unknown source.
jrfsp is offline  
Old 26th Mar 2021, 09:20
  #4026 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Somewhere on the Australian Coast
Posts: 956
Originally Posted by jrfsp View Post
Looks like all the other states are closely watching the situation in QLD, at least for now its all "hotspot" location based. The worry with this case the current unknown source.
It’s now been genomically linked to the Princess Alexandra hospital cluster meaning there have been unknown positive/s in the community for about two weeks. 🤦‍♂️
DirectAnywhere is offline  
Old 26th Mar 2021, 09:45
  #4027 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 300
Originally Posted by DirectAnywhere View Post
It’s now been genomically linked to the Princess Alexandra hospital cluster meaning there have been unknown positive/s in the community for about two weeks. 🤦‍♂️
which we all knew, except the dumbasses who voted Anastasia back in for ‘keeping them safe’.


watching QLD from afar was truly astounding.
goodonyamate is offline  
Old 26th Mar 2021, 10:09
  #4028 (permalink)  
Keg

Nunc est bibendum
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,466
Victoria now requiring all arrivals from Moreton Bay/ Brisbane since 12 March to get tested and isolate until negative result.

NSW have said only those who have visited hotspots are required to get tested and isolate.
Keg is online now  
Old 26th Mar 2021, 10:27
  #4029 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Somewhere on the Australian Coast
Posts: 956
I can’t understand the QLD CHO telling everyone today to get out there and enjoy the weekend. Even before the genomics were available, she knew that this case was a landscaper, not a quarantine or health worker. It was self evident he had to have caught it from someone else in the community. Today’s Friday. He became symptomatic on Monday, meaning he probably caught it as early as mid last week meaning she had unknown community transmission perhaps 10 days ago.

Given what we know now you would have to expect every state is going to want any arrival from Brisbane since the start of the Princess Alexandra cluster (two weeks plus ago) to isolate and be tested.

You would also have to expect at least WA, TAS and VIC to bring down the shutters in the next day or two. This latest outbreak (I know it’s only one case but there is at least one other out there who was clearly contagious) has got a two week head start on health authorities.

It’s another outbreak, just before the start of school holidays and peak travel period. Again. This has the potential to cause real harm for QLD tourism operators over Easter, and this time it’s without the Jobkeeper security blanket. Hopefully it’s contained.

Last edited by DirectAnywhere; 26th Mar 2021 at 10:48.
DirectAnywhere is offline  
Old 26th Mar 2021, 19:17
  #4030 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 798
So St Jacinda has been rowing back on the Aus-NZ travel bubble in the near future... I mean, wtf is going on at the moment. There is as much sanity in the two countries as there is Covid - absolutely none.

Meanwhile this came across my desk this morning:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cr...Australia.html

Am I wrong to say, stop taking photo ops and get on with bloody jabbing people. The two countries have had a great pandemic, but seem to be crawling along in the vaccine programme. To say it isn't a race is just stupid.
Dannyboy39 is offline  
Old 26th Mar 2021, 20:14
  #4031 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: BBN
Posts: 344
Well, just like WA the election has been won. 1 month a go WA would have closed their border already within minutes of hearing QLD news. All those gullible voters thinking these premiers were keeping them "safe" haha its to funny.
SHVC is online now  
Old 26th Mar 2021, 21:13
  #4032 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: melbourne
Posts: 493
Originally Posted by goodonyamate View Post
which we all knew, except the dumbasses who voted Anastasia back in for ‘keeping them safe’.


watching QLD from afar was truly astounding.
Does anyone know the testing figures for Qld last couple of weeks? As far as the health minister telling people to go & enjoy the weekend,well he is obviously as brain dead as their last idiot health minister,think miles was his name.
Queen P may well be about to have to eat her words about keeping queenslanders safe.
blubak is offline  
Old 26th Mar 2021, 21:50
  #4033 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 129
Originally Posted by blubak View Post
...As far as the health minister telling people to go & enjoy the weekend,well he is obviously as brain dead as their last idiot health minister,think miles was his name…...
For the sake of accuracy when calling out people…..
It was the Chief Medical Officer and the Premier who extolled the population to enjoy the weekend….carefully. The Health minister was largely unheard and unsighted and last time I looked she was a she, not a he.

As for the hypocrisy of what was said now versus pre-election; I'm astounded we aren't in at least a 72 hour lockdown to keep us safe!
C441 is offline  
Old 26th Mar 2021, 22:19
  #4034 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 728
Originally Posted by Dannyboy39 View Post
So St Jacinda has been rowing back on the Aus-NZ travel bubble in the near future... I mean, wtf is going on at the moment. There is as much sanity in the two countries as there is Covid - absolutely none.

Meanwhile this came across my desk this morning:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cr...Australia.html

Am I wrong to say, stop taking photo ops and get on with bloody jabbing people. The two countries have had a great pandemic, but seem to be crawling along in the vaccine programme. To say it isn't a race is just stupid.
It's because we want to retaliate against the 501 deportations by not allowing any Australians into Godzone at all
Chris2303 is offline  
Old 26th Mar 2021, 23:12
  #4035 (permalink)  
Keg

Nunc est bibendum
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,466
Originally Posted by C441 View Post

As for the hypocrisy of what was said now versus pre-election; I'm astounded we aren't in at least a 72 hour lockdown to keep us safe!
Given the justification for the last snap lockdown was a UK strain in the community for a number of days, certainly this example seems to meet those same criteria.
Keg is online now  
Old 27th Mar 2021, 07:29
  #4036 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 61
Originally Posted by Keg View Post
Given the justification for the last snap lockdown was a UK strain in the community for a number of days, certainly this example seems to meet those same criteria.
this March UK strain is nowhere near as wicked as the February UK strain that hit Melbourne.. that one moved at an extreme velocity and was a ferociously naughty virus.
WhisprSYD is offline  
Old 27th Mar 2021, 07:53
  #4037 (permalink)  

Evertonian
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: #3117# Ppruner of the Year Nominee 2005
Posts: 10,958
Originally Posted by WhisprSYD View Post
this March UK strain is nowhere near as wicked as the February UK strain that hit Melbourne.. that one moved at an extreme velocity and was a ferociously naughty virus.
Is that the latest 'Newspeak' from the Chairman? Nothing to do with Hotel Quarantine failures, just a "ferociously naughty virus"....wow.
Buster Hyman is offline  
Old 27th Mar 2021, 08:02
  #4038 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Perth
Posts: 146
Great : "A Brisbane man who tested positive to coronavirus held a party for 25 people at his home after being instructed to isolate while he waited his test results."
rty for 25 people at his home after being instructed to isolate while he waited his test results.
jrfsp is offline  
Old 27th Mar 2021, 08:09
  #4039 (permalink)  
short flights long nights
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 3,254
Originally Posted by jrfsp View Post
Great : "A Brisbane man who tested positive to coronavirus held a party for 25 people at his home after being instructed to isolate while he waited his test results."
rty for 25 people at his
j to isolate while he waited his test results.
Just perfect!!! I can hear the borders closing now!
SOPS is offline  
Old 27th Mar 2021, 09:05
  #4040 (permalink)  
short flights long nights
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 3,254
Watching the 5pm news in Perth. The Health Minister has just said.. if you go to QLD, you are taking a big risk. The implication was.. the border could shut at any minute.
SOPS is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.