Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

All borders to reopen.

Old 17th Jan 2021, 18:20
  #3101 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 300
Originally Posted by WingNut60 View Post
And vice versa.....or are you suggesting that WA has not played it's part?
Give us the right to jump ship and you might be surprised by the result.
no worries. You lose all federal funding. You lose your passport. You can’t call yourself West Australian’ because you’re not part of Australia. You have mining. Great. Other trade? Perhaps these countries you trade with will decide to ‘renegotiate’ terms. Who controls the waters off your coastline? Not Mcclown. Who controls your air rights? Not Mcclown.

All you ‘let us leave and things will be better’ morons really have no idea, and continuously prove that maybe you’re not the smartest people in the room.
goodonyamate is offline  
Old 17th Jan 2021, 19:40
  #3102 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Sunshine Coast
Posts: 284
The arrogance and ignorance of some is sad. GST breakdown state by state 2018-19 State GST share per dollar of Total GST distribution $m VIC 98c $16,830M WA 47c $3,255M NSW 85c $18,030M SA $1.47 $6,751 M
and here for how much WA supports the rest of the country: https://www.dfat.gov.au/sites/defaul...ry-2018-19.pdf for balance of payments data.

WA earns 36% of Australian export income but only spends 11% of the import expenditure. About half the exports go to China.. WA would potentially be better off alone. In 1933 the population voted overwhelmingly to secede. With respect to names, only WA and SA are named as part of Australia. The other mainland states seem to cling to the motherland!
Vag277 is offline  
Old 17th Jan 2021, 20:18
  #3103 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Denmark
Posts: 0
McGowan land should have a long and prosperous future then. All the best.

Anyway, preliminary reports have a hotel worker and a police officer returning positives in hotel quarantine in Melbourne. Let’s hope they can control the tennis players also.
Ragnor is offline  
Old 17th Jan 2021, 20:37
  #3104 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: melbourne
Posts: 546
Originally Posted by Ragnor View Post
McGowan land should have a long and prosperous future then. All the best.

Anyway, preliminary reports have a hotel worker and a police officer returning positives in hotel quarantine in Melbourne. Let’s hope they can control the tennis players also.
5 people in total now infected from the tennis charter flights,i would have thought these people would be a really low risk group considering the testing regime etc they go through.
I know there are plenty on here saying borders should be open & more people allowed back into the country but of the people outside our borders,how many have it & how many are going to spread it?
Quarantine is the only way to control it & there are limits on every service that can be provided.
blubak is offline  
Old 17th Jan 2021, 20:45
  #3105 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Balikpapan, INDONESIA
Age: 69
Posts: 757
Originally Posted by goodonyamate View Post
no worries. You lose all federal funding. You lose your passport. You can’t call yourself West Australian’ because you’re not part of Australia. You have mining. Great. Other trade? Perhaps these countries you trade with will decide to ‘renegotiate’ terms. Who controls the waters off your coastline? Not Mcclown. Who controls your air rights? Not Mcclown.

All you ‘let us leave and things will be better’ morons really have no idea, and continuously prove that maybe you’re not the smartest people in the room.
No worries to you too. You lose all West Australian revenue. We buy a printing press and make our own passports. We can proudly call ourselves "West Australian’ or anything else we like.
We have mining. Other trade? (2019 - WA produced 58% of Australia's wheat exports, >60% of LNG exports).
Domestic banana production is adequate for WA market. You can keep yours.
Perhaps those countries we trade with will agree to ‘renegotiate’ improved terms.
We get to control the waters off our coastline and actually allocate some resources to this side of the continent.
And yes, we get to control our air rights - funded by over-flight charges paid by "eastern Australians" heading for Europe.

Then let's see how the five remaining states establish equitable voting rights in the senate.
You know, majority of the people in the majority of the states. Or maybe you don't.
Or set yourselves up as a US style republic - 1st president Beryl. Replace the Cook statue at Kurnell with one of Beryl and Daryl.
I'd give it twenty years before inter-state rivalry turned into civil war.

Last edited by WingNut60; 17th Jan 2021 at 21:19.
WingNut60 is online now  
Old 17th Jan 2021, 20:51
  #3106 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Balikpapan, INDONESIA
Age: 69
Posts: 757
Son: Please daddy... what's the other side of the Blue Mountains.

Father : We don't talk about that son. It's too horrible.
Just a wasteland full of old mining excavations and unsophisticated barbarians.
(Hushed voice) - They don't even have leagues clubs

WingNut60 is online now  
Old 17th Jan 2021, 21:19
  #3107 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: HKG
Posts: 367
A few arrogant twats on here.

If and when China come for a “visit” I know where there will be heading. You laugh, but...

What will you do? Fend them off with 30 clapped out F100s or come back sucking up to Mamma’s teat? By then Mum might have just had enough.
Green.Dot is online now  
Old 17th Jan 2021, 21:24
  #3108 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Balikpapan, INDONESIA
Age: 69
Posts: 757
Originally Posted by Green.Dot View Post
A few arrogant twats on here.

If and when China come for a “visit” I know where there will be heading. You laugh, but...

What will you do? Fend them off with 30 clapped out F100s or come back sucking up to Mamma’s teat? By then Mum might have just had enough.
Well there we can agree.
I can't see the Chinese wanting anything from the "remaining states".
Not unless they're into leagues clubs and female impersonators.
WingNut60 is online now  
Old 17th Jan 2021, 21:32
  #3109 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Balikpapan, INDONESIA
Age: 69
Posts: 757
Originally Posted by Green.Dot View Post
A few arrogant twats on here.
.
Hmmmm...lives in HGK.
Calls people twats.

Which passport do you use up there? The Aussie one or your Pommie one?
How's CX treating you?
WingNut60 is online now  
Old 17th Jan 2021, 21:35
  #3110 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: HKG
Posts: 367
You will need more bait ya Clown.
Green.Dot is online now  
Old 17th Jan 2021, 21:47
  #3111 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: australia
Posts: 798
Originally Posted by Vag277 View Post
The arrogance and ignorance of some is sad. GST breakdown state by state 2018-19 State GST share per dollar of Total GST distribution $m VIC 98c $16,830M WA 47c $3,255M NSW 85c $18,030M SA $1.47 $6,751 M
and here for how much WA supports the rest of the country: https://www.dfat.gov.au/sites/defaul...ry-2018-19.pdf for balance of payments data.

WA earns 36% of Australian export income but only spends 11% of the import expenditure. About half the exports go to China.. WA would potentially be better off alone. In 1933 the population voted overwhelmingly to secede. With respect to names, only WA and SA are named as part of Australia. The other mainland states seem to cling to the motherland!
Vag when the Chinese colonise WA Independant (or whatever you wish to call it) they won't be buying the iron ore any more, it will be appropriated, any wealth generated will be directed to the CCP under the leadership of the Glorious Leader Xi Jinpin and after suitable re-education the colony will be provided by the CCP with enough to survive but little more. You of course will be grateful to Xi Jinpin for his abounding generosity.

Think I read HK bureaucrats have 1 month in which to pledge allegiance - not to Hong Kong but the Chinese Communist Party.
Hope WA residents note the pledge - may need to use it in the not too distant future!
galdian is offline  
Old 17th Jan 2021, 21:56
  #3112 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Equatorial
Age: 48
Posts: 800
WA has its own international Airforce, plenty Singaporean planes, after all don’t they own Pearce now?
Global Aviator is offline  
Old 18th Jan 2021, 01:01
  #3113 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 13
As a West Australian (I hate even saying that as we are one country), I feel like that I am one of the few that aren't blinded by McGowan and his cult following. He's an embarrassment to the country and is showing that he really has no idea how to handle this crisis. Making WA a fortress is his only tool. So many people I've spoken to (friends, family etc) worship him like he's a god. Makes me feel like maybe I'm totally missing something. But it's good to see outsiders from other states see exactly how useless he is.
I've sent emails to my local Labor MP asking what the plan going forward is, how long can they keep shutting us off from the rest of the country for. Nothing... Won't return my calls. Blocked me from all social media for asking general questions.
Feels like WA has become a dictatorship in a sense...

Last edited by JJ 789; 18th Jan 2021 at 02:22.
JJ 789 is offline  
Old 18th Jan 2021, 01:46
  #3114 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Die Suddetenland
Posts: 156
The only thing more annoying than Queensland exceptionalism, is WA exceptionalism.

What will you do when you end up a quarry?
Oriana is offline  
Old 18th Jan 2021, 02:01
  #3115 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Qld
Posts: 1
tomorrows headline ...

China offers Fiji etc. AUD$100 billion loan(which they'll never ever repay), then few Chinese fighter jets will land at NAN & few Chinese aircraft carriers/destroyers will "visit" Suva & Lautoka ports, "permanently".
Kickstarter is offline  
Old 18th Jan 2021, 02:03
  #3116 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: The Coal Face
Posts: 758
As a WA lurker, I cringe when I read this thread. Rednecks both sides of the border. Not everyone wants to secede and I'm wary of the Dragon. Yes WA does well but the wealth is for all Australians to benefit from. We can't drink all the beer and wine ourselves, it just wouldn't be healthy.
Chronic Snoozer is offline  
Old 18th Jan 2021, 02:08
  #3117 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: The Coal Face
Posts: 758
Originally Posted by JJ 789 View Post
As a West Australian (I hate even saying that as we are one country), I feel like that I am one of the few that aren't blinded by McGowan and his cult following. He's an embarrassment to the country and is showing that he really has no idea how to handle this crisis. Making WA a fortress is his only tool. So many people I've spoken to (friends, family etc) worship him like he's a god. Makes me feel like maybe I'm totally missing something. But it's good to see outsiders from other states see exactly how useless he is.
I've sent emails to my local labour MP asking what the plan going forward is, how long can they keep shutting us off from the rest of the country for. Nothing... Won't return my calls. Blocked me from all social media for asking general questions.
Feels like WA has become a dictatorship in a sense...
McGowan has painted himself into a corner with this approach. It is very difficult now to start risk managing when you've been risk avoiding all this time. One slip up and he will get hurt at the polls - not fatally but hurt all the same. That to me points to more a political framework for dealing with the pandemic than a health and safety one. Very tough for the opposition to attack.
Chronic Snoozer is offline  
Old 18th Jan 2021, 02:10
  #3118 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,082
Interesting pattern emerging.

Those most satisfied with the measures taken by any particular state are those resident.

Those least satisfied are those residing elsewhere.

Seems to extend internationally...
currawong is offline  
Old 18th Jan 2021, 02:12
  #3119 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Perth
Posts: 206
In other news, looks like international wont happen until 2022...pretty much as expected, but could be even longer

https://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...e53ebb7e014e7c
jrfsp is online now  
Old 18th Jan 2021, 02:27
  #3120 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The World
Posts: 1,374
I’ll say one thing about the WA hard border policy, it ensured mining companies went back to their previous shifts after the swing time was doubled at the start of the pandemic, to limit movement, (ie back to two weeks on instead of 4). This led to a return of intrastate flying to previous levels, whilst at the expense of interstate flying, so I guess some people win, some lose. If a looser border was enacted then would mining companies increase their swing time again, leading to a decrease in intrastate flying? Who knows, they’re the ones who really run the state.

Despite most of the anger here directed at one state leader truth is most states are taking a hard line when community transmission occurs, changing borders, isolation requirements, testing requirements, hot spots, points of entry requirements on an hourly basis sometimes. This pretty much stuffs up forward planning for travel from any state to another.

There has been one person pretty much absent in this debate however. If, like so many people here want, we are meant to act like one country, where is the leader of that country? MIA. Too afraid to make hard choices as it might lose him his 2 seat majority.

I’m glad they stepped up the start of the vaccine program, although it would be better to ensure the required numbers are immunised well before the original end of October. Another thing he can show some leadership on is federal control of quarantine away from cities.

It doesn’t take much to show some leadership Scotty.....
dr dre is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.