Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

All borders to reopen.

Old 26th Jun 2020, 09:38
  #181 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: East of Westralia
Posts: 681
Received 107 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Xeptu
Never volunteer and never be the first. If in 5 years from now those recovered cases need to be permanently strapped to an O2 bottle just for some sort of normality or there are any fertility issues arising, that's an even bigger problem and not just to our health system. Lets keep the numbers low until we know what we're dealing with and what acceptable risk is. Dying from it only appears to be the biggest risk at this point.
Wow - you are a glass half empty type! :-)

Life is way too short to take it all so seriously. The world shall go on, like it always has!
ScepticalOptomist is offline  
Old 27th Jun 2020, 00:11
  #182 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Tent
Posts: 916
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
In the NT -The Territory stayed safe by closing our borders to all states.

In the next step, we will stay safe by keeping our borders closed to suburbs and hot spots that are not safe.

This is about being prepared – using the four weeks we gave ourselves to be prepared.

From the 17th of July: if your suburb or local government area has been declared a coronavirus hot spot, then you will not be permitted free access to the Territory.

You will be required to self-quarantine for 14 days. And it will be enforced.

In addition to the current arrival information, you will be required to declare if you have been in, or travelled through, a hot spot in the last 28 days.

Making a false statement in a statutory declaration is against the law. If we find you have lied on the border form – been to a hot spot but told us that you hadn’t – it could mean a prison sentence of up to three years.

If you are from interstate and you live in a hot spot area, your own government is telling you the area is not safe, and you should be in lock down.

If you are meant to be in lock down, then you shouldn’t be leaving your home. You shouldn’t be coming here.

If you do leave your home and come here, we will lock you down, and if you break our rules, we can lock you up.

So don’t come here.

For everyone else – the 99 per cent of Australia that’s safe – we will be open, and we can’t wait to see you.
Bend alot is offline  
Old 27th Jun 2020, 00:25
  #183 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,082
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bend alot -

Not really hard and perfectly reasonable under the circumstances.

But some will lose their proverbial over it.

As always.
currawong is offline  
Old 30th Jun 2020, 05:44
  #184 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,030
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dan is closing Tulla until mid July.
wheels_down is offline  
Old 30th Jun 2020, 05:51
  #185 (permalink)  
short flights long nights
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 3,877
Received 153 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by wheels_down
Dan is closing Tulla until mid July.
Is that all flights or just international ones?
SOPS is online now  
Old 30th Jun 2020, 06:00
  #186 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: YMML
Posts: 77
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SOPS
Is that all flights or just international ones?
Has asked all International Repatriation flights to be moved to other cities for the next 2 weeks
thisishardtochoose is offline  
Old 30th Jun 2020, 06:03
  #187 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Australia
Posts: 941
Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts
Well down wheels down, an excellent demo of why you have to check what you read on the internet.
ozbiggles is offline  
Old 2nd Jul 2020, 01:02
  #188 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Qld
Posts: 165
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
On a related note, AA has now cancelled/pushed back the resumption of SYD and AKL to LAX until early 2021.

https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...ydney-auckland
DanV2 is offline  
Old 2nd Jul 2020, 05:45
  #189 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 78
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by BNEA320
According to the proposed timetable, Aussies would be able to travel to New Zealand and the Pacific from 1 July, with travel to other countries deemed safe under a bilateral health agreement to restart from 10 September.
Nice to see that the travel agent was wrong AGAIN!

And now with the outbreaks in Victoria stopping all international flights and in NSW the chances of September for Trans Tasman and Pacific are looking even more remote
Chris2303 is offline  
Old 2nd Jul 2020, 22:45
  #190 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: BNE
Posts: 0
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris2303
Nice to see that the travel agent was wrong AGAIN!

And now with the outbreaks in Victoria stopping all international flights and in NSW the chances of September for Trans Tasman and Pacific are looking even more remote
& uk open to 75 countries from next week with no insane restrictions or quarantine. Tourism restart task force said 1 july for nz but ardern wants to play dictator before she gets booted in September
BNEA320 is offline  
Old 2nd Jul 2020, 22:52
  #191 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 314
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BNEA320
& uk open to 75 countries from next week with no insane restrictions or quarantine. Tourism restart task force said 1 july for nz but ardern wants to play dictator before she gets booted in September
How many times can someone be wrong before they give up?? Border Quarantine works when implemented properly.
Slezy9 is offline  
Old 2nd Jul 2020, 22:54
  #192 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: BNE
Posts: 0
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Slezy9
How many times can someone be wrong before they give up?? Border Quarantine works when implemented properly.
cannot believe any pilot doesn't want to work.

quarantine totally unnecessary. Healthy people don't die from corona. Most don't even know that have it. Only the unhealthy should be in lock down and their carers
BNEA320 is offline  
Old 2nd Jul 2020, 23:00
  #193 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 345
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BNEA320
& uk open to 75 countries from next week with no insane restrictions or quarantine. Tourism restart task force said 1 july for nz but ardern wants to play dictator before she gets booted in September
The UK has over 300,000 cases and 43,000 deaths, do you really think that emulating their policies is the best idea?

Jacinda Ardern approval ratings are skyrocketing in NZ because of her strict border controls.

BNEA320, it is embarrassing how wrong you are on this issue, please give it a rest.

ECAMACTIONSCOMPLETE is offline  
Old 2nd Jul 2020, 23:07
  #194 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: BNE
Posts: 0
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ECAMACTIONSCOMPLETE
The UK has over 300,000 cases and 43,000 deaths, do you really think that emulating their policies is the best idea?

Jacinda Ardern approval ratings are skyrocketing in NZ because of her strict border controls.

BNEA320, it is embarrassing how wrong you are on this issue, please give it a rest.
yes uk is right in opening borders. They should have locked down unhealthy though. Think ardern will be booted. Many hate her with a passion. She's killed economy like here. All depends how dumb nz electorate is.

maybe new govt in qld and nz soon
BNEA320 is offline  
Old 2nd Jul 2020, 23:10
  #195 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: East of Westralia
Posts: 681
Received 107 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by ECAMACTIONSCOMPLETE
The UK has over 300,000 cases and 43,000 deaths, do you really think that emulating their policies is the best idea?

Jacinda Ardern approval ratings are skyrocketing in NZ because of her strict border controls.

BNEA320, it is embarrassing how wrong you are on this issue, please give it a rest.
You are missing his point.

Number of infected increasing due to more testing finding more cases.

Number of hospitalisations reducing, as is rate of death from those infected.

Check out the data - not the headlines.

UK - https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

There is more to the story than the mass fear generating headlines.
ScepticalOptomist is offline  
Old 2nd Jul 2020, 23:16
  #196 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: BNE
Posts: 0
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And only the unhealthy die. Complete over reaction by govts here.

so uk economy will kick off nicely next week & we still have state border closures here. Crazy.

if my life had be ruined by insane govt decisions I'd be wanting to take revenge on govt.
BNEA320 is offline  
Old 2nd Jul 2020, 23:21
  #197 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 345
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ScepticalOptomist
You are missing his point.

Number of infected increasing due to more testing finding more cases.

Number of hospitalisations reducing, as is rate of death from those infected.

Check out the data - not the headlines.

UK - https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

There is more to the story than the mass fear generating headlines.
So what is your contention? Open the borders to all and sundry? Allow the elderly and immunocompromised to be the sacrificial lambs for the sake of preserving our high paying jobs?

Speaking as a stood down pilot, I have zero issue with taking 12-18 months of reduced/no pay for the sake of the greater good.

Use this period to spend time with family, work in another industry, study or simply have a break and get into a normal sleeping routine.

Those that wollow in self pity will remain bitter and twisted about a situation that is beyond our control, those who accept what is happening and look at the big picture may actually come out the end of this with a positive experience.
ECAMACTIONSCOMPLETE is offline  
Old 2nd Jul 2020, 23:25
  #198 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: BNE
Posts: 0
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ECAMACTIONSCOMPLETE
So what is your contention? Open the borders to all and sundry? Allow the elderly and immunocompromised to be the sacrificial lambs for the sake of preserving our high paying jobs?

Speaking as a stood down pilot, I have zero issue with taking 12-18 months of reduced/no pay for the sake of the greater good.

Use this period to spend time with family, work in another industry, study or simply have a break and get into a normal sleeping routine.

Those that wollow in self pity will remain bitter and twisted about a situation that is beyond our control, those who accept what is happening and look at the big picture may actually come out the end of this with a positive experience.
we should have locked down the unhealthy & their carers & on one else. Can still do that.
you seem to forget that govt policies here led to more deaths than Corona. .... suicide overdoses dv. Depression ruined lives. Looks like jobkeeper/jobseeker might end early or be highly modified.
BNEA320 is offline  
Old 2nd Jul 2020, 23:30
  #199 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 345
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BNEA320
we should have locked down the unhealthy & their carers & on one else. Can still do that.
you seem to forget that govt policies here led to more deaths than Corona. .... suicide overdoses dv. Depression ruined lives. Looks like jobkeeper/jobseeker might end early or be highly modified.

Here’s why it won’t work to just isolate the elderly and vulnerable


https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...ly-vulnerable/

Have a read of something outside the echo chamber of your own opinion.
ECAMACTIONSCOMPLETE is offline  
Old 3rd Jul 2020, 00:08
  #200 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: East of Westralia
Posts: 681
Received 107 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by ECAMACTIONSCOMPLETE
So what is your contention? Open the borders to all and sundry? Allow the elderly and immunocompromised to be the sacrificial lambs for the sake of preserving our high paying jobs?
No mate, was just pointing out that youíd missed his point.

I donít know what the best way to handle this problem is - I believe keeping the STATE borders closed is ridiculous. AUSTRALIA has enough medical resources to deal with any community infection now. The media led hyper fear regarding the current Victorian clusters is amusing - what were we trying to achieve again? Zero cases? An unburdened health system?
We arenít seperate kingdoms, we are the one country. One economy that is bleeding badly due to poor management at the state level.

Iím also stood down, and have been since March. I have enough resources tucked away to be fine with no pay until late next year. No self pity here - but the more I read the data, and ignore the headlines, the clearer the picture becomes.

We all have our opinions - some are learned, others are just plucked. Either way, thereís no need to shout down the opinions that donít match our own.

Stay safe, enjoy the time off, and question everything! :-)
ScepticalOptomist is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.