Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

How good is Alliance!!!!

Old 28th Oct 2020, 01:38
  #121 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canberra
Posts: 94
Originally Posted by SpyderPig View Post
That’ll be VARAs number is up too. 10 of their RPT routes in the west are on that list, another 100 odd pilots about to be on the street
VA is flying all of the WA RPT routes with B738. VARA is just doing the FIFO charters.
Pavement is offline  
Old 28th Oct 2020, 02:36
  #122 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: on your living room ceiling
Posts: 170
Originally Posted by Pavement View Post
VA is flying all of the WA RPT routes with B738. VARA is just doing the FIFO charters.
Those routes were all served by VARA pre covid with a mix of 737 also. VA then assumed all the rpt to keep crew current on the government subsided routes and VARA now does zero rpt and has stood some F100 crew down to 50%. Doesn't sound too bad but somehow VARA doesn’t qualify for jobkeeper so there’s no top up coming for them. Not sure how that worked but that’s what I’ve been told
SpyderPig is offline  
Old 28th Oct 2020, 03:22
  #123 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: australia
Posts: 794
Originally Posted by VH DSJ View Post
They don't need to of course, but considering this,



and how the industry generally works, you'd think the ex VA Ejet drivers stand a good chance.
Like REX Alliance need to set up the top of the pyramid with CASA delegations/approvals, C&T quals etc and ex VA JJ are the obvious primary source.

They then could continue and just take on JJ rated ex VA, whether simply "bolting on" the VA mentality, methodology and rational to Alliance could be the best thing to do or the worst - depends on personal perspective.

Like REX Alliance presently they have an oversupply of experienced pilots to chose from, up to them to decide what/who should work out best for them....and why.

Cheers


galdian is offline  
Old 28th Oct 2020, 03:37
  #124 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 27
Originally Posted by galdian View Post

They then could continue and just take on JJ rated ex VA, whether simply "bolting on" the VA mentality, methodology and rational to Alliance could be the best thing to do or the worst - depends on personal perspective.
What’s this ‘mentality,methodology and rationale’ that VA allegedly have?
Operationally the culture is sound.I think you’ll find a considerably different ‘mentality’ amongst the pilot group than that in the (ex) Village.
The two I know that have gone over would both be amongst the best operators you’d find.
Alliance could do a lot worse than bolting on some of that.
Like you said,personal perspective..
Renton Field is offline  
Old 28th Oct 2020, 04:39
  #125 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: MCY
Posts: 0
Could Alliance fly some international routes with E-jets for Virgin Mark 2 ?

If so where to ?

Don't think their F100s can make NZ/Fiji nonstop with a full load, but can the Alliance e-jets ?

Some former Virgin Mark 1 routes like BNE/DUD, NTL/AKL etc. might be perfect for the e-jets.
getaway is offline  
Old 28th Oct 2020, 05:36
  #126 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Asia
Posts: 1,158
They are. Ballarat to Tehran. Via Indonesia, Thailand and India.
wheels_down is offline  
Old 28th Oct 2020, 09:02
  #127 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Oz
Posts: 327
“Don't think their F100s can make NZ/Fiji nonstop”...........could barely do Norfolk Island!

Embraer, no idea.
Square Bear is offline  
Old 28th Oct 2020, 09:42
  #128 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: BAO
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by wheels_down View Post
They are. Ballarat to Tehran. Via Indonesia, Thailand and India.
Hmmmm- Fantastic, Insider Trade (/ing) Intelligence you have, 'right' there Mr 'Wheels'......

Mate, What- have, you 'heard'/or are you "feeling/& absorbing" ref: HNL via HIR and then a Flat-Top........????? don't know why or the purpose, probably crap info..... and 'sources' on my part!!!!.

rgds all/be well
S28- BE

Last edited by Section28- BE; 28th Oct 2020 at 09:51. Reason: 'Satire', you all....... got it???
Section28- BE is offline  
Old 28th Oct 2020, 10:40
  #129 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: aus
Posts: 199
Originally Posted by getaway View Post
Don't think their F100s can make NZ/Fiji nonstop with a full load, but can the Alliance e-jets ?
Dont know the loading of the plane in question but a chartered F100 flew the NZ warriors from NZ to sydney when the NRL restarted
rattman is offline  
Old 28th Oct 2020, 12:03
  #130 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Djakarta
Age: 33
Posts: 82
With the recent tie up of Alliance and Virgin does that mean all the E190 slots will go to ex Virgin E190 pilots? Knowing how mates employ mates does that mean very few Alliance F100 pilots will get a position on the 190??
arrow28 is offline  
Old 28th Oct 2020, 13:48
  #131 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Mexico City
Posts: 431
Originally Posted by arrow28 View Post
With the recent tie up of Alliance and Virgin does that mean all the E190 slots will go to ex Virgin E190 pilots? Knowing how mates employ mates does that mean very few Alliance F100 pilots will get a position on the 190??
If you look back a whopping 13 posts you will notice this has already been asked.
Climb150 is offline  
Old 28th Oct 2020, 14:13
  #132 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: mars (Celebrating 20 years on PPRUNE)
Posts: 50
Ex Airnorth

Originally Posted by VH DSJ View Post
They don't need to of course, but considering this,



and how the industry generally works, you'd think the ex VA Ejet drivers stand a good chance.
Some mail from over in the West suggests there is some guy who thinks he's running VARA seems to know a thing or three about Ejets - just ask him - so why wouldn't they have tapped that genius resource??? (once again - just ask him - apparently the lads and lassies say the sort of guy who just knows, well, everything)


ifylofd is offline  
Old 28th Oct 2020, 21:19
  #133 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 281
Just got the ETA for the last refuel stop for the first delivery - 0033.

MJG
mgahan is offline  
Old 28th Oct 2020, 21:44
  #134 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: HKG
Posts: 320
Originally Posted by ifylofd View Post
Some mail from over in the West suggests there is some guy who thinks he's running VARA seems to know a thing or three about Ejets - just ask him - so why wouldn't they have tapped that genius resource??? (once again - just ask him - apparently the lads and lassies say the sort of guy who just knows, well, everything)
Must be GT?
Green.Dot is offline  
Old 28th Oct 2020, 22:01
  #135 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Australia
Posts: 12
The E190 would do the majority of the flying under the proposed agreement with Virgin. The E190 has the legs to do BNE-HIR and my guess this route wouldn’t start until around April next year.

Most of the proposed and some of the former wet lease routes were previously operated by the Virgin E190s.

Alliance will be Virgin's Cobham.
Zinfandel is offline  
Old 29th Oct 2020, 01:06
  #136 (permalink)  
ebt
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Perth
Posts: 182
Originally Posted by Zinfandel View Post
The E190 would do the majority of the flying under the proposed agreement with Virgin. The E190 has the legs to do BNE-HIR and my guess this route wouldn’t start until around April next year.

Most of the proposed and some of the former wet lease routes were previously operated by the Virgin E190s.

Alliance will be Virgin's Cobham.
Difference being that Alliance has a lot more of its own organic business, compared to Cobham. The VA work will increase, but Alliance knows its core business is in resource charter, and they will continue to make the bulk of their money there.
ebt is offline  
Old 29th Oct 2020, 02:35
  #137 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 281
NEXT STIP BRISBANE



Last edited by mgahan; 29th Oct 2020 at 02:37. Reason: tried to fix the typo but it will not let me.
mgahan is offline  
Old 29th Oct 2020, 07:40
  #138 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Australia the Awesome
Posts: 300
Originally Posted by Zinfandel View Post
Alliance will be Virgin's Cobham.
But partially owned by QF😂😂
Roj approved is offline  
Old 29th Oct 2020, 09:35
  #139 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: ADL
Posts: 11
Originally Posted by Roj approved View Post
But partially owned by QF😂😂
🎪🤦🏼‍♂️ Isnt that still under ACCC investigation.
whisperjet146 is offline  
Old 29th Oct 2020, 10:11
  #140 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Brisvegas
Posts: 3,077
https://www.accc.gov.au/media-releas...ines-continues

https://www.accc.gov.au/media-releas...aises-concerns

The ACCC is continuing to investigate whether this acquisition is likely to have the effect of substantially lessening competition. Qantas has provided an undertaking not to acquire any further interest in Alliance until the investigation is completed.
Glacial pace, taking their speed cue from the ATSB.
Icarus2001 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.