Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific
Reload this Page >

QF Flight Attendant Accused of Racism by will.i.am

Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

QF Flight Attendant Accused of Racism by will.i.am

Old 19th Nov 2019, 02:29
  #81 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: TASMANIA
Posts: 17
Thumbs up

What an arrogant drop kick he would be. She was only doing her job.
INTERESTED BYSTANDER is offline  
Old 19th Nov 2019, 03:34
  #82 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Great South East, tired and retired
Posts: 2,482
The hostess said "Please stow your phonogram."
He said "Seems you don't know just who I am!
I'm not just some figure,
I'm FAMOUS", he snigger,
"I sing c-rap and my name is Will.I.am!"


Lights blue touch paper, stands clear...
Ascend Charlie is offline  
Old 19th Nov 2019, 05:59
  #83 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Gate 69
Posts: 189
What are the rules regarding Personal Electronic Devices and Bluetooth? Don't PED need to be in airplane mode?
Near Miss is offline  
Old 19th Nov 2019, 09:14
  #84 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Cab of a Freight Train
Age: 36
Posts: 433
Originally Posted by Near Miss View Post
What are the rules regarding Personal Electronic Devices and Bluetooth? Don't PED need to be in airplane mode?
Yes...And no... Flight Mode must be enabled, but you are allowed to activate WiFi to access the Q-Streaming entertainment app, or, on aircraft so fitted, the interwebz. I'm not sure how they view Bluetooth as I always use wired ANC headphones (and have never had a problem hearing crew instructions for that matter, sho how loud did he have them up??), but I see dozens of people with wireless (BT) headphones every flight I take as SLF suggesting it is either approved, or has a blind eye turned to it.
KRviator is offline  
Old 19th Nov 2019, 10:29
  #85 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Somewhere very sunny !
Age: 48
Posts: 311
I was flying from Sydney to my home airport on Qantas yesterday and heard 3 American Pax slagging off "Bill-He-Was" saying he's been a **** making a fool of himself and should have complied with all instructions given to him. As someone who flies as much as he does, he should know better.

Lets hope "Bill-He-Was" is asked to leave Oz soon
Impress to inflate is offline  
Old 19th Nov 2019, 10:52
  #86 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Gate 69
Posts: 189
Thanks KRviator. So I guess as long as the cellular part isn't searching for a tower somewhere, ie Flight Mode, then WiFi and Bluetooth are fine. I thought (hoped) Adams might have unknowingly admitted to breaking some rule.
Near Miss is offline  
Old 19th Nov 2019, 13:16
  #87 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 10
There are a lot of opinions here and not a shred of evidence.

Fact. The Police were called to an incident on a QF flight involving Will.i.am, he was dealt with by the police in the reported manner.

Fact.. Will.i.am has publicly named and posted a pic of a QF F/A to over 30 million followers and directly accused her of racist behaviour using those words and hashtag.

Everything else that is not documented evidence is an opinion.

Will.i am may have some sort of case against QF if he can corroborate his story.

The Qantas F/A has hard evidence that she has been publicly defamed (pending evidence) by Will.i.am to his 30M followers plus half the universe who are on the webs.

We never get the whole story, we can go in circles all day but you can’t go past the facts.

Window heat is offline  
Old 19th Nov 2019, 16:43
  #88 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 342
Just insane how Americans have a neurological disorder to conflate simple issues and racism. What's next for this prick who probably couldn't care less is he really was subject to racism? A flight to Frankfurt on Lufthansa and he'll be tweeting that the FA is a Nazi.
Okihara is offline  
Old 19th Nov 2019, 16:49
  #89 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 342
Hehe:

Qantas Says It Would Back Suit by Flight Attendant Called Racist by Will.i.am

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/19/w...am-racist.html
Okihara is offline  
Old 19th Nov 2019, 18:29
  #90 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Tent
Posts: 403
Smart move by Qantas.

Flight Attendant was happy to have police called, will she be so easily happy to have the matter heard in a court?

With an equal balance of power and witnesses!
Bend alot is offline  
Old 19th Nov 2019, 20:08
  #91 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bulgaria
Age: 71
Posts: 81
Be interesting to see how many of the witnesses are members of His entourage if/when it ends up in court.
I may be old and my eyesight isn't what it used to be, but I don't recall reading that the FA was happy to have the police called. I would imagine that once she had reported the incident to her superior...Purser or Captain...the decision was out of her hands.
bgbazz is offline  
Old 19th Nov 2019, 20:32
  #92 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Elsewhere
Posts: 354
Originally Posted by Bend alot View Post
Smart move by Qantas.

Flight Attendant was happy to have police called, will she be so easily happy to have the matter heard in a court?

With an equal balance of power and witnesses!
Qantas has access to some of the best legal advice money can buy, and also has a lot more to lose by seeing this dragged through the courts than by letting it play out on Twitter. The fact that they were so quick to support potential legal action suggests a high level of confidence that the FA has a good case.

I see that the Veronicas and their Twitter account have vanished.
itsnotthatbloodyhard is online now  
Old 20th Nov 2019, 00:11
  #93 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Sydney
Posts: 36
Originally Posted by itsnotthatbloodyhard View Post
The fact that they were so quick to support potential legal action suggests a high level of confidence that the FA has a good case.

I see that the Veronicas and their Twitter account have vanished.
ĎA lie will travel half way around the world while the truth is still getting its boots oní (Mark Twain). Never more true than in this twitter/insta age.

The usually very woke Qantas will not have taken the decision to publicly defend their F/A lightly. While few actually know the truth it appears there may well be more to the story than that posted by Will.i.am. This should get interesting.
JustinHeywood is offline  
Old 20th Nov 2019, 01:04
  #94 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N/A
Posts: 2,920
The prat was recognised in some quarters as being a douchebag back in 2013.

https://www.vice.com/da/article/rbx4...ng-a-douchebag

The trouble with these look at me I'm famous twats is that they see any publicity as good publicity, given his ethnicity he's seen as sticking it to the man with the racism accusation. Any time I see that card being played I'm looking with a jaundiced eye. Good on QF for their support of the FA.

Sartorial elegance on display



megan is offline  
Old 20th Nov 2019, 02:20
  #95 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 306
Originally Posted by dr dre View Post
Suggesting a woman with PMS is incapable of rational thought and therefore untrustworthy is a pretty sexist comment. Reg Ansett tried that argument back in the 70ís. He failed then and that line of thought should be extinct now.
Last person I heard of with such views was until a few years ago, the CMO of CASA.
bankrunner is offline  
Old 20th Nov 2019, 08:51
  #96 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Tent
Posts: 403
Originally Posted by itsnotthatbloodyhard View Post


Qantas has access to some of the best legal advice money can buy, and also has a lot more to lose by seeing this dragged through the courts than by letting it play out on Twitter. The fact that they were so quick to support potential legal action suggests a high level of confidence that the FA has a good case.

I see that the Veronicas and their Twitter account have vanished.
Qantas have simply covered their but - they have offered the staff member "legal" support if she feels "bullied" at work, a hard claim to disprove.

Unless it is not as simples as many here think.

If she wants to lodge a bully claim she must prove it in the court and that the claims against her are false - Will and the V's are only a few that could be called over the years.

My guess will be she will not take Qantas offer and Qantas have nipped any bully claim in the butt, in a very public way.

Now if she is 100% right/innocent - why not go to court with the might of Qantas Lawyers? What can she loose and what could she gain?
Bend alot is offline  
Old 20th Nov 2019, 09:54
  #97 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: sincity
Posts: 974
Originally Posted by Bend alot View Post
Qantas have simply covered their but - they have offered the staff member "legal" support if she feels "bullied" at work, a hard claim to disprove.

Unless it is not as simples as many here think.

If she wants to lodge a bully claim she must prove it in the court and that the claims against her are false - Will and the V's are only a few that could be called over the years.

My guess will be she will not take Qantas offer and Qantas have nipped any bully claim in the butt, in a very public way.

Now if she is 100% right/innocent - why not go to court with the might of Qantas Lawyers? What can she loose and what could she gain?
Bullying?
Try defamation in a global scale that resulted in threats against her
Keep digging
maggot is online now  
Old 20th Nov 2019, 10:12
  #98 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 1998
Location: Mesopotamos
Posts: 1,269
Can the FA get more compensation money from dill.am.i if she sues him in the more litigious USA?
cattletruck is offline  
Old 20th Nov 2019, 10:37
  #99 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Great South East, tired and retired
Posts: 2,482
In the picture in post #94, is Bill.e.woz wearing blackface??? I am insulted, outraged, flabbergasted and downright stunned. He should be taken down, uprooted, transplanted in Trafalgar Square, and burned in Effigy, which is a town in Noo Joisey.
Ascend Charlie is offline  
Old 20th Nov 2019, 10:45
  #100 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Tent
Posts: 403
Originally Posted by maggot View Post
Bullying?
Try defamation in a global scale that resulted in threats against her
Keep digging
Then it would be completely foolish and irresponsible of her her not to accept the Qantas offer, and prevent such things happening to other staff members.
Bend alot is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.