Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

Jetstar EBA 2019

Old 14th Dec 2019, 08:20
  #301 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: sydney
Posts: 979
https://www.smh.com.au/business/comp...14-p53k0f.html

Nothing of course about himself earning 40 to 50 times what the average Australian earns while his baggage handlers especially are treated like second class citizens. All that is wrong with corporate Australia on display here.
dragon man is offline  
Old 14th Dec 2019, 08:32
  #302 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,623
Originally Posted by dragon man View Post
https://www.smh.com.au/business/comp...14-p53k0f.html

Nothing of course about himself earning 40 to 50 times what the average Australian earns while his baggage handlers especially are treated like second class citizens. All that is wrong with corporate Australia on display here.
Add up the 12 biggest earners in QF and JQ.
The likes of the largess on display is not readily replicated.
Rated De is offline  
Old 14th Dec 2019, 08:44
  #303 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: sydney
Posts: 979
Rather than a kangaroo on the tail a pig with its snout in the trough would be far more appropriate.
dragon man is offline  
Old 14th Dec 2019, 10:05
  #304 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 595
"Captain's earn over $300,000 a year. They work 30 per cent less than the average Australian and that level of pay rise [15 per cent] simply isn't sustainable," he said.

What a lying @#$*!
Work 30% less than the average Australian?
Where do I sign up?
The Bullwinkle is offline  
Old 14th Dec 2019, 10:07
  #305 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: sydney
Posts: 979
Originally Posted by The Bullwinkle View Post
"Captain's earn over $300,000 a year. They work 30 per cent less than the average Australian and that level of pay rise [15 per cent] simply isn't sustainable," he said.

What a lying [email protected]#T!
Love your work but could you now tell me what you really think.
dragon man is offline  
Old 14th Dec 2019, 10:17
  #306 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 595
I toned it down, but @#$&*&#@#$##&#%%@@[email protected]!!!
The Bullwinkle is offline  
Old 14th Dec 2019, 10:35
  #307 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 293
Obviously the hypocrisy of someone who is paid ~$4M per annum calling out anyone else for being overpaid and underworked is lost on the Jetstar CEO
He was paid $3.7M last financial year, and just shy of $4M in the 2018 financial year.


Johhny Utah is offline  
Old 14th Dec 2019, 10:43
  #308 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: sydney
Posts: 979
How could you refer to the commissars as been overpaid? How could you possibly think they are out of touch? Orwell had this lot to a T.
dragon man is offline  
Old 14th Dec 2019, 10:44
  #309 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Ballarat
Posts: 49
Impressive. So I get paid $305,000 a year. And I do this whilst working 30% less than the average Australian. Average is about 40 hours a week, 30% less 28 hours a week. So that is about 5.6 hours a day, over a 5 day week.

5.6 hours duty is a nice 2 sector day, and puts me around 70 hours flying for the month.

So somehow, despite the fact I'm 5 hours short of even getting into overtime, I'm able to turn my 200k base into 300k, and only ever have to do 2 sectors! And don't forget thats only average, meaning 50% of the pilots earn even more!!

I'm honestly at a loss as to how these lies are told seemingly without consequence.
Paddleboat is offline  
Old 14th Dec 2019, 11:15
  #310 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,623
Originally Posted by Paddleboat View Post
Impressive. So I get paid $305,000 a year. And I do this whilst working 30% less than the average Australian. Average is about 40 hours a week, 30% less 28 hours a week. So that is about 5.6 hours a day, over a 5 day week.

5.6 hours duty is a nice 2 sector day, and puts me around 70 hours flying for the month.

So somehow, despite the fact I'm 5 hours short of even getting into overtime, I'm able to turn my 200k base into 300k, and only ever have to do 2 sectors! And don't forget thats only average, meaning 50% of the pilots earn even more!!

I'm honestly at a loss as to how these lies are told seemingly without consequence.
The trick is not to actually consider duty hours, just look at paid flight hours..
Thus, theoretically, pick 80 hours per month (it suits rubbery figures) pilots do "20 hours a week" then a little cut here, a nudge there and contrasted to the "average" full time employee doing 32 paid then it is close enough. 30% less hours has a nice ring to it.....Great for the sound bite.

Of course JQ use a similar methodology to claim the various associates and entities are "profitable"

Ignoring duty hours is standard playbook. O'Leary did it, so did BA.

Little Napoleon has other curious interpretations..
Rated De is offline  
Old 14th Dec 2019, 11:18
  #311 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: AYQ
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by Paddleboat View Post
And don't forget thats only average, meaning 50% of the pilots earn even more!!
Pedantic perhaps, but that would be median, not average. With that said you'd expect the pay distribution of JQ pilots to fall roughly along a standard distribution curve with no significant outliers so median and mean should be in the same ballpark.

Interesting to note the step change in company releases on the ongoing PIA.. I've got a bad feeling about this.
ajax58 is offline  
Old 14th Dec 2019, 12:39
  #312 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: In a house
Posts: 254
Originally Posted by Paddleboat View Post
Impressive. So I get paid $305,000 a year. And I do this whilst working 30% less than the average Australian. Average is about 40 hours a week, 30% less 28 hours a week. So that is about 5.6 hours a day, over a 5 day week.

5.6 hours duty is a nice 2 sector day, and puts me around 70 hours flying for the month.

So somehow, despite the fact I'm 5 hours short of even getting into overtime, I'm able to turn my 200k base into 300k, and only ever have to do 2 sectors! And don't forget thats only average, meaning 50% of the pilots earn even more!!

I'm honestly at a loss as to how these lies are told seemingly without consequence.
The average is very different from the median.
Blueskymine is offline  
Old 14th Dec 2019, 21:48
  #313 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: oz
Posts: 29
So Mr Evans only works while he’s seated behind his desk for his 4 million per annum does he? Wonder what his hourly rate works out at then.
nefarious1 is offline  
Old 14th Dec 2019, 22:38
  #314 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Australia
Posts: 36
Originally Posted by nefarious1 View Post
So Mr Evans only works while he’s seated behind his desk for his 4 million per annum does he? Wonder what his hourly rate works out at then.
Especially given all the rubbish media he has been doing over the last week or so!
Colonel_Klink is offline  
Old 15th Dec 2019, 01:00
  #315 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: In da Big Smoke
Posts: 2,369
Captain's earn over $300,000 a year. They work 30 per cent less than the average Australian and that level of pay rise [15 per cent] simply isn't sustainable,"
This is a mistake by management to bring this up and the unions needs to capitalise on it. They need to get out and say they will sign a deal right. now for a salary of 300k. Then go on to point out that their average Australian working week includes meal breaks and the like where as pilots get zero breaks. So the reality of productivity of the 'average' work week is nowhere near 40 hours a week.

Another route is to apply pressure on the journalist's publishing this rubbish through the Australian Press Council or MEAA.
neville_nobody is offline  
Old 15th Dec 2019, 01:59
  #316 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kichin
Posts: 397
Gold Neville!

But you forgot, the average Australian:

Has very little responsibly in their job;
Cant lose their job for having a bad check;
Isn’t re-checked every 6 months;
Usually spend Christmas and other holidays with family;
Does less than 12 hour duty days
etc. etc. etc.


These spin doctors are lying to the Australian face.


Last edited by gordonfvckingramsay; 15th Dec 2019 at 02:14.
gordonfvckingramsay is offline  
Old 15th Dec 2019, 02:33
  #317 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: melbourne
Posts: 190
Originally Posted by Johhny Utah View Post
Obviously the hypocrisy of someone who is paid ~$4M per annum calling out anyone else for being overpaid and underworked is lost on the Jetstar CEO
He was paid $3.7M last financial year, and just shy of $4M in the 2018 financial year.


What licenses does this guy hold,i think zero is the answer,he doesnt have to make a decision 30000ft above the ground with 200+ passengers sitting behind him.
If he makes the wrong decision whilst sitting at his desk & pocketing $3m+ a year it is just reported as doing business in a tough enviroment,that excuse doesnt work at 30000ft.
Of course,pilots earn too much😧
blubak is offline  
Old 15th Dec 2019, 04:30
  #318 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: oz
Posts: 29
The union certainly needs to get on the front door with this and demand an apology for lying to the public based on; duty time hours, weekends and public holidays worked, no meal breaks ever, unallocated time for study ect. How much of the publicised pay is over time and superannuation ect. How much does the average FO earn.

Surely this clown has opened himself up to some serious questions by the media.
nefarious1 is offline  
Old 15th Dec 2019, 05:06
  #319 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Asia
Posts: 649
Originally Posted by nefarious1 View Post
The union certainly needs to get on the front door with this and demand an apology for lying to the public based on; duty time hours, weekends and public holidays worked, no meal breaks ever, unallocated time for study ect. How much of the publicised pay is over time and superannuation ect. How much does the average FO earn.

Surely this clown has opened himself up to some serious questions by the media.
Watch him on Weekend Sunrise, the clip is online, he stumbled and the Journo was questioning him around his ‘claims’.

He started to change the subject when Matt Doran started asking about how they came up with 15%, he then went off track to talk about the TWU.
wheels_down is offline  
Old 15th Dec 2019, 05:12
  #320 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: australia
Posts: 88
Angry

Originally Posted by B772 View Post
I have been told there has been little impact upon the travelling public. Everyone has got to their destination. If this is the case Little Napoleon may have the upper hand.
especially now that they are cancelling mainline flights to carry JQ pax
stiffwing is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.