Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific
Reload this Page >

Air Kiribati and Pionair (Bankstown) E190-E2 EIS meeting in Auckland last week

Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

Air Kiribati and Pionair (Bankstown) E190-E2 EIS meeting in Auckland last week

Old 2nd Apr 2021, 05:07
  #121 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: world capital of the world
Posts: 94
Sounds like the way a near neighbour airline was being managed - some have said ineptly - about 2 years ago.

Where are the three stooges nowadays?
dodo whirlygig is offline  
Old 21st Apr 2021, 22:46
  #122 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Brisvegas
Posts: 3,113
Is the marriage on shakey ground?
Icarus2001 is offline  
Old 29th Apr 2021, 06:29
  #123 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: london
Age: 68
Posts: 21
Back in the air..

https://uk.flightaware.com/live/flig...ageActivityLog
Seems to be flying a lot in the last week, just not to Tarawa.
listria is offline  
Old 29th Apr 2021, 12:15
  #124 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Brisvegas
Posts: 3,113
The Townsville refueler claims that Pionair no longer have the E2 contract for Air Kiribati. That leaves them with a lonely E1 not on the AOC yet.
Icarus2001 is offline  
Old 29th Apr 2021, 22:02
  #125 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Jungle
Posts: 555
Originally Posted by listria View Post
https://uk.flightaware.com/live/flig...ageActivityLog
Seems to be flying a lot in the last week, just not to Tarawa.
CASA proving flights by the looks of it.
smiling monkey is offline  
Old 4th Aug 2021, 06:44
  #126 (permalink)  
Gne
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: With the Wizard
Posts: 23
ANYONE KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON?

My local contact has gone very , very quiet and news from Bankstown has also ceased. Can anyone else fill in the gaps? Where is the jet?

. Rumours here on the Sunny Coast that the CEO is looking for both a house and a job. Apparently he fled Tarawa with one other a couple of weeks ago and will not return.

How does that leave the local operation? Hopefully there is sufficient local talent and competency in the regulatory oversight to ensure a safe operation. Time will tell.

Before the information from locals ended there was talk of an external audit. When it is released that report will make interesting reading, to be sure.

Gne
Gne is offline  
Old 4th Aug 2021, 08:23
  #127 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Lower North Shore
Posts: 181
Originally Posted by Gne View Post
My local contact has gone very , very quiet and news from Bankstown has also ceased. Can anyone else fill in the gaps? Where is the jet?

. Rumours here on the Sunny Coast that the CEO is looking for both a house and a job. Apparently he fled Tarawa with one other a couple of weeks ago and will not return.

How does that leave the local operation? Hopefully there is sufficient local talent and competency in the regulatory oversight to ensure a safe operation. Time will tell.

Before the information from locals ended there was talk of an external audit. When it is released that report will make interesting reading, to be sure.

Gne
the engine is buggered and no money to fix it
Brakerider is offline  
Old 6th Aug 2021, 00:23
  #128 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: melbourne
Posts: 282
I had heard that the Engine Manufacturer was doing it as a warranty claim. Supposedly getting changed in Bankstown right now.
coaldemon is offline  
Old 17th Sep 2021, 15:39
  #129 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Hyperspace
Posts: 2
So what’s the go here?
does Pionair actually have their E190 on the AOC?
surely the Kiribati govt. must be losing patience?
Arthur D is offline  
Old 17th Sep 2021, 20:05
  #130 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Lower North Shore
Posts: 181
It's all done and dusted. E2s back into storage and the E1 will be sold.
Brakerider is offline  
Old 18th Sep 2021, 02:33
  #131 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Australia
Age: 51
Posts: 116
What happened?
bangbounceboeing is offline  
Old 18th Sep 2021, 07:04
  #132 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Jungle
Posts: 555
Originally Posted by Brakerider View Post
It's all done and dusted. E2s back into storage and the E1 will be sold.
Sold to who? I know Cobham are expanding their E190 fleet and looking for type-rated pilots at the moment.
smiling monkey is offline  
Old 18th Sep 2021, 23:21
  #133 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Covid riddled Port Moresby
Posts: 215
Something is amiss in Tarawa/Kiribati..

Coral Sun Air, apparently is owned by the Jong family? and have two WW1124 Westwind jets, H4-CSA believed to be in Tarawa and not flown since Jan 2020, and the other is H4-ZYH last seen at Banda Aceh in March 2021.

The former Hevilift/Skytek B200 King Air P2-ALC, painted in Coral Sun paint scheme appears to be operating from Honiara.

I cant imagine anyone competent would be maintaining Westwinds on a remote Island Atoll.

The local airline operates Twin Otters on the H4, T3 and P2 register.

Would appear the Kiribati Aviation regulator has no idea what's going on; you would have to have serious concerns over airworthiness, crew skill and recency.

And they own or lease an Embraer; something smells like "brown envelopes" and dark and shady deals.....
Office Update is offline  
Old 11th Oct 2021, 04:43
  #134 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Pacific
Posts: 28
Originally Posted by Office Update View Post
Something is amiss in Tarawa/Kiribati..

Coral Sun Air, apparently is owned by the Jong family? and have two WW1124 Westwind jets, H4-CSA believed to be in Tarawa and not flown since Jan 2020, and the other is H4-ZYH last seen at Banda Aceh in March 2021.

The former Hevilift/Skytek B200 King Air P2-ALC, painted in Coral Sun paint scheme appears to be operating from Honiara.

I cant imagine anyone competent would be maintaining Westwinds on a remote Island Atoll.
.
The Kingair is now also on the H4 register. There were some questions asked about the AOC approval process...

Originally Posted by Office Update View Post
The local airline operates Twin Otters on the H4, T3 and P2 register.

Would appear the Kiribati Aviation regulator has no idea what's going on; you would have to have serious concerns over airworthiness, crew skill and recency.

And they own or lease an Embraer; something smells like "brown envelopes" and dark and shady deals.....
The P2 Twin Otter is leased from Skytech / Hevilift
The two H4 Twin Otters are leased from Solomon Airlines
The T3 Twin Otter (and Y12) are owned by Air Kiribati

Not sure what is happening with Pionair / the Embraer. Note brakeriders post mentions it, but is a little short on detail,
foam is online now  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.