Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

Tiger Industrial Action

Old 29th Jan 2019, 08:47
  #101 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Brisvegas
Posts: 2,721
In the Australian context, the graduate will, according to your ATO in 5% of cases accumulate a debt of AUD$50,000.00
What happens in the other 95% of cases?

Any office worker who gets invited to a wedding on a Saturday next June knows they can go, pilots are controlled by the roster. There is a BIG slab of money right there. Six monthly sim check, medical, missing significant birthdays of family and friends and on it goes... Pilots get paid the MINIMUM that the company has to pay to fill the seat.

Best wishes to the Tiger guys and girls.
Icarus2001 is online now  
Old 29th Jan 2019, 11:14
  #102 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Hyperspace
Posts: 62
Originally Posted by Rated De View Post
The industry has eaten its young. That there is dwindling supply is a combination of demographic and opportunity cost meaning not only are retirement rates increasing, there are less willing to join an industry where the pay off 'possibility' is low.
Not to mention the fact that the future prospects for Airline pilots look far from certain. Many young people are questioning how long it will be before the F/O at least goes the way of the Flight Engineer, Nav, Radio operator etc. thereby causing a massive surplus of pilots.

Within the next decade it looks increasingly likely we will see autonomous Taxiís and potentially Air taxiís. Once people can trust their carís and Air taxiís to drive themselves, how long before the ĎAirbusí goes the same way.

Ironically, the present shortage of pilots could not have come at a worse time from this perspective. A.I. wont need simulators, allowances, rest etc. Airlines, Regulators and public acceptance may be driven by NEED.

Good luck to the TT pilots.

Personally, I would like to know what VIPA, AFAP, AIPA and even IFALPA are doing to address the looming threat to ALL professional pilots..........
Arthur D is offline  
Old 30th Jan 2019, 14:17
  #103 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sydney
Posts: 68
I do think we as pilots are falling into the trap management sets and feeling we get paid too much.

My partner is a state employed nurse. Straight into a government job after 3 years of uni. By the time weekends and night shifts are factors in, they make as much as I do as a 73 FO.

Ontop of this, working sundays helps rack up the annual leave and theyíre pulling in about 8 weeks a year. And, after each shift, they go home. Next week Iíll leave home on Monday at 6am and get back Thursday at midnight. Then do it all over again 2 days later.

Maybe we should aim to bring ourselves up, rather than talk ourselves down?
VHFRT is offline  
Old 31st Jan 2019, 05:42
  #104 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 484
Originally Posted by VHFRT View Post
I do think we as pilots are falling into the trap management sets and feeling we get paid too much.

My partner is a state employed nurse. Straight into a government job after 3 years of uni. By the time weekends and night shifts are factors in, they make as much as I do as a 73 FO.

Ontop of this, working sundays helps rack up the annual leave and theyíre pulling in about 8 weeks a year. And, after each shift, they go home. Next week Iíll leave home on Monday at 6am and get back Thursday at midnight. Then do it all over again 2 days later.

Maybe we should aim to bring ourselves up, rather than talk ourselves down?
That you are welcome 2. Several nights away at a time is NOT a decent lifestyle, at least Tigers don't do that, but that is the only bonus, the rest is a joke!

machtuk is offline  
Old 31st Jan 2019, 06:31
  #105 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Melbourne
Age: 63
Posts: 131
Here's an idea for all those pleading social equity in pay. If you dont like it, get out. I have a 3 Year Bachelor Degree and had a comfortable office job. I loathed it. I busted my a#rse and became a Pilot. No risk , no gain. I get pretty tired of hearing Public Servants bitching about their miserable lives. Go for it Tiger guys and gals. You're never going to get support from the general public anyway , so don't worry about it.

Last edited by George Glass; 31st Jan 2019 at 06:47.
George Glass is offline  
Old 31st Jan 2019, 07:09
  #106 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Extreme
Posts: 291
Thumbs up

The glass is half full.
Shot Nancy is offline  
Old 31st Jan 2019, 22:03
  #107 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 568
If you dont like it, get out.
Many are in fact getting out.
And very few are coming in.
No longer viewed as a decent career by anybody.
The Bullwinkle is offline  
Old 13th Feb 2019, 07:07
  #108 (permalink)  
rep
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: adelaide
Posts: 95
Whats the latest with the industrial action?
rep is offline  
Old 13th Feb 2019, 08:49
  #109 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: DeShire
Posts: 81
Good luck to all at Tiger.
You have to fight to improve terms and conditions. Itís a worthy fight. Agree with others sentiments of talking up the profession. Itís a tough job with a huge entry cost. Early starts, late shifts, holidays And Christmas lost to work.
If you donít stand for something you will fall for anything.

Best Wishes.
knobbycobby is offline  
Old 25th Feb 2019, 11:58
  #110 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oz
Posts: 554
Numbers out today

1 in 10 flights cancelled last month.

Time to gut the joint. 4 weeks till he starts. I know many have fingers crossed.
PoppaJo is online now  
Old 25th Feb 2019, 21:39
  #111 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Australia
Age: 53
Posts: 1,918
Rumour has it that there has been no catering on Tiger flights for the last few weeks?
Stationair8 is offline  
Old 25th Feb 2019, 22:54
  #112 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chunny
Posts: 171
Airbus should look into installing an EGT gauge somewhere on the dashboard.
You mean like the one just below N1 on the upper DU.
myshoutcaptain is offline  
Old 26th Feb 2019, 00:28
  #113 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 88
Cool

Originally Posted by myshoutcaptain View Post
You mean like the one just below N1 on the upper DU.
Looks like your'e a wannabe Airbus pilot Captain
mppgf is offline  
Old 26th Feb 2019, 03:12
  #114 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: brisbane
Age: 35
Posts: 66
Originally Posted by Stationair8 View Post
Rumour has it that there has been no catering on Tiger flights for the last few weeks?
Since the 1st of February apparently
davidclarke is offline  
Old 26th Feb 2019, 03:32
  #115 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 568
Rumour has it that there has been no catering on Tiger flights for the last few weeks?
Ahhhh....... So they are making some improvements!
The Bullwinkle is offline  
Old 26th Feb 2019, 05:14
  #116 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Asia
Posts: 603
Whatís the go?

Some form of PIA Catering block?
wheels_down is offline  
Old 26th Feb 2019, 09:29
  #117 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 484
Change of contractor I hear, as usual a real cluster fcku!
machtuk is offline  
Old 26th Feb 2019, 11:30
  #118 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Asia
Posts: 603
New Boss around the corner. The cluster****s just roll on and on.

How many budget carriers around the globe go without the major ancillary revenue stream of onboard food and beverage for a month?

What am I missing here? Are people just wanting to be fired or something?
wheels_down is offline  
Old 26th Feb 2019, 19:29
  #119 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 484
Originally Posted by wheels_down View Post
New Boss around the corner. The cluster****s just roll on and on.

How many budget carriers around the globe go without the major ancillary revenue stream of onboard food and beverage for a month?

What am I missing here? Are people just wanting to be fired or something?

When you have an aviation company that has had a revolving door policy for the CEO, the Chief Pilot and other high end positions in the training dept the decisions that are made are continuously changing destroying any chance of direction and stability!
Tigers has always been a rudderless ship accept for a brief period when KB was in charge of the troops, the rest of the so called qualified management have been appalling and it shows daily!
machtuk is offline  
Old 27th Feb 2019, 01:40
  #120 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: In a box
Posts: 193
Originally Posted by machtuk View Post



When you have an aviation company that has had a revolving door policy for the CEO, the Chief Pilot and other high end positions in the training dept the decisions that are made are continuously changing destroying any chance of direction and stability!
Tigers has always been a rudderless ship accept for a brief period when KB was in charge of the troops, the rest of the so called qualified management have been appalling and it shows daily!
You mean like Virgin..................... No different. Just different colour jets and uniforms.
Servo is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.