Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Ground & Other Ops Forums > ATC Issues
Reload this Page >

NATS interview process

ATC Issues A place where pilots may enter the 'lions den' that is Air Traffic Control in complete safety and find out the answers to all those obscure topics which you always wanted to know the answer to but were afraid to ask.

NATS interview process

Old 2nd Oct 2018, 23:18
  #10721 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: UK
Age: 39
Posts: 12
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stage 2

Hi All,

Can anyone suggest a hotel that's really close to CTC, preferably within walking distance? Travelling down the night before and seeing as though parking seems to be an issue, I'm thinking it might be easier to leave my car at the hotel! TIA
Spacejam is offline  
Old 3rd Oct 2018, 06:47
  #10722 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Down South
Posts: 299
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Spacejam
Hi All,

Can anyone suggest a hotel that's really close to CTC, preferably within walking distance? Travelling down the night before and seeing as though parking seems to be an issue, I'm thinking it might be easier to leave my car at the hotel! TIA
The Solent Hotel - it's not the cheapest, but it's within walking distance

The Lodge at Solent - in the same place, but seems to be slightly cheaper. This is rooms attached to the pub next to the main hotel

Both of them are no more than a 15 minute walk at a slow pace and not far from Whiteley shopping centre either which has a decent choice of places to eat if you don't fancy eating in the hotel
The Many Tentacles is offline  
Old 3rd Oct 2018, 07:49
  #10723 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: London
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There isnt a group group chat set up yet. I canít PM anyone either since Iíve sent one message already 🙃 I was hoping to set up a WhatsApp chat at some point? Just need to get everyoneís numbers.

Originally Posted by Squishy47
Hey, I've just found out that I'll be on the January course at CTC as well (pending medical ofc)! Is there a group chat set up yet? I'm new to the forum so not sure if PMs will work for me..?

You canít use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history
Cameron_95 is offline  
Old 3rd Oct 2018, 07:51
  #10724 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: London
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those of you worrying about parking at the CTC, there is a lot of parking space on the surrounding roads on the industrial estate. You should have no problem getting a space, especially if you turn up early. If not, the shopping centre offers 4 hours free parking.
Cameron_95 is offline  
Old 3rd Oct 2018, 09:26
  #10725 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Aberdeen
Posts: 19
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I stayed at the Oakwood Whiteley B&B run by Faith, there's a wee shortcut you can take which makes it less than 10 mins walk to CTC
Arg1203 is offline  
Old 3rd Oct 2018, 12:20
  #10726 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Kidderminster
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A question about the Jerez course:

If you begin training in Jerez, do you stay there for your initial posting,or are you sent back to the UK on completion of the training course?
LBroadbean is offline  
Old 4th Oct 2018, 01:23
  #10727 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Preston
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there guys. Got my stage 3 interview coming up next week after passing the stage 2 back in August. Been trying to brush up on everything, but if anyone has advice on specific things I should learn, I'd greatly appreciate it! Would hate to come this far and then blow it because I blanked on a certain piece of particularly vital information!

Cheers
LukeATC is offline  
Old 4th Oct 2018, 16:31
  #10728 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: UK
Age: 39
Posts: 12
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the advice guys! I'll have a look at them both this week and try and book

PrimeExample I've tried to DM you but it looks like your inbox is full sorry :/

You canít use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.
Spacejam is offline  
Old 5th Oct 2018, 06:34
  #10729 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Thessaloniki
Posts: 11
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LBroadbean
A question about the Jerez course:

If you begin training in Jerez, do you stay there for your initial posting,or are you sent back to the UK on completion of the training course?
your initial posting is in the UK. You go to jerez only for basic training and then you return to ctc for further training and then initial posting
babis is offline  
Old 5th Oct 2018, 10:53
  #10730 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Kidderminster
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by babis
your initial posting is in the UK. You go to jerez only for basic training and then you return to ctc for further training and then initial posting
Thanks for clearing that up!
LBroadbean is offline  
Old 5th Oct 2018, 16:12
  #10731 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Aberdeen
Posts: 19
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone who has had their Stage 3 recently, how long did it take for you to hear back? Had mine this week and just wondering if the 15 days is gonna be likely or if Iíll hear back sooner.
Arg1203 is offline  
Old 6th Oct 2018, 13:05
  #10732 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: southampton
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Arg1203
Anyone who has had their Stage 3 recently, how long did it take for you to hear back? Had mine this week and just wondering if the 15 days is gonna be likely or if Iíll hear back sooner.
Got my call around 10am the next day so mine was really quick - others have taken up to 30 days though!
LyanRewis is offline  
Old 6th Oct 2018, 13:29
  #10733 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Aberdeen
Posts: 19
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LyanRewis
Got my call around 10am the next day so mine was really quick - others have taken up to 30 days though!

Yeah I heard back about Stage 2 by 8.30 next morning so was hoping Iíd hear back quick about Stage 3. No news is good news though I guess!
Arg1203 is offline  
Old 7th Oct 2018, 10:59
  #10734 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 11
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stage 2 Arrival Time

Hey, can anyone confirm what time I have to get to CTC for stage 2? On the email it says 10:00am but Iíve heard conflicting times.
Thanks.
ATCOWEN is offline  
Old 8th Oct 2018, 16:50
  #10735 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Aberdeen
Posts: 19
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my phone call today to say I passed Stage 3. Not starting til April 2019 at CTC though, if anyone else gets this course, let me know!
Arg1203 is offline  
Old 8th Oct 2018, 16:52
  #10736 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 11
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Arg1203
Got my phone call today to say I passed Stage 3. Not starting til April 2019 at CTC though, if anyone else gets this course, let me know!
Congratulations! I have my stage 2 on Wednesday. Is there anything you can recommend for me to do? Also, how much would you say we need to know on the ATC knowledge?
Thanks
ATCOWEN is offline  
Old 8th Oct 2018, 18:18
  #10737 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Moray
Age: 51
Posts: 59
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats Arg but wow... That's a bit of a wait compared to some of the others? Was that all they offered you?
Trevor Hannant is offline  
Old 8th Oct 2018, 19:45
  #10738 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Aberdeen
Posts: 19
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Trevor Hannant
Congrats Arg but wow... That's a bit of a wait compared to some of the others? Was that all they offered you?

They mentioned that Jan/Feb courses were near full at my interview. I asked for April as I have a holiday in March, I would of gave this up but they were happy enough to put me on an April course. Works better for me as I will be relocating from Scotland so will need time to find accommodation etc!
Arg1203 is offline  
Old 8th Oct 2018, 22:18
  #10739 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Moray
Age: 51
Posts: 59
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Arg1203
They mentioned that Jan/Feb courses were near full at my interview. I asked for April as I have a holiday in March, I would of gave this up but they were happy enough to put me on an April course. Works better for me as I will be relocating from Scotland so will need time to find accommodation etc!
Ah fair enough - and know the feeling if I'm successful with mine next month...
Trevor Hannant is offline  
Old 8th Oct 2018, 22:20
  #10740 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Moray
Age: 51
Posts: 59
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ATCOWEN
Hey, can anyone confirm what time I have to get to CTC for stage 2? On the email it says 10:00am but Iíve heard conflicting times.
Thanks.
If the email says 10, be there in plenty of time to be in the building, through security and have your visitors pass with time to spare. If you're in any doubt over the time, ask them.

Originally Posted by ATCOWEN
Congratulations! I have my stage 2 on Wednesday. Is there anything you can recommend for me to do? Also, how much would you say we need to know on the ATC knowledge?
Thanks
Red the booklet you downloaded and make sure you know it. The rest, can't really give advice on how to prepare to be honest other than read the instructions carefully...
Trevor Hannant is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.