PDA

View Full Version : LBA new expansion at check-in

ashmac33
20th Aug 2003, 22:16
Hello all, first message on here!

I have worked around the check-in area at leeds which used to be great as we hardly had any flights but now with the influx of jet2 the whole area is swamped with passengers!

We were all pleased to here that the check-in facilities would be expended. but we have no idea how or where they can do it.
To create an extra check-in area of good size, everything e.g ticket desks and the duty free shop will all be relocated causing more trouble.
My question if anyone knows is where abouts can this new expansion be? we hope for a nice open area like competeting airports e.g NCL etc.

Cheers:ok:

Fandango71
21st Aug 2003, 04:21
Hi

My understanding is that the extension will consist of 16 extra check-in desks and retail shops. These will be sited next to the existing arrivals area.

In addition to the the extended check-in, the arrivals meeter and greeter area will be made larger.

This will mean the terminal has two very separate and potentially distinct check-in zones. This could be split between charter/scheduled or be specific to airlines. ie JET2 could have the new area?

hope that helps,
Fandango

ashmac33
21st Aug 2003, 22:27
Thanks a lot for the reply, sounds good! and will give the charter traffic a few more desks for check-in!

cheers

BAe 146-100
21st Aug 2003, 22:32
Hi,

Slightly off topic question:

How many passengers does LBA carry every year?

BAe 146-100

Danny_R
21st Aug 2003, 22:53
Should hit 2 million passengers this year.

BAe 146-100
21st Aug 2003, 23:32
Hi,

Thanks Danny_R, that is not a lot really.

BAe 146-100

cargohappy
22nd Aug 2003, 17:09
EMA has been granted planning permision for a new hanger and have applied for permission for two new buildings situated near UPS, although I dont know what they will be used for, it is good to see growth at regional airfields like LBA, EMA , NCL ect..I am all for growth it is inevitable and provides jobs.
So my question is when can we expect a government decision on the expected growth of passenger transport for 2030 and which
airports will grow or will there be new airports built?

thanks for any info