PDA

View Full Version : Eye health

student
20th Aug 2003, 08:19
A quick question on eye health in case anyone has had a similar question / issue as me.......

I have UK CAA Class 3 and JAA Class 1 medicals. I notice that my right eye seems to get bloodshot to the right of the pupil on a fairly frequent basis. It doesn't seem to happen to the left eye and it doesn't affect my vision whatsoever.

For some time I have been trying to establish the cause and have mentioned it to my GP and also discussed it when I had my CAA Class 1 medical at Gatwick. My GP gave me eye drops citing that it could be caused by dryness in the eye and subsequent friction between the eye and eyelid (in turn perhaps caused by not blinking properly or sufficiently frequently). This did not seem to have any noticeable effect.

When discussing this with the CAA medical centre during the medical at Gatwick, it was established that this was not a problem (I recall the chap testing my eyes did discuss it with somebody else to get a second opinion though).

In my experience, the situation seems to be at its worst when I am tired or have been sitting staring at a computer screen for a period (or combination of the two).

If anyone suffers from the same / similar condition and / or has any advice, I would be very grateful to read any responses.