PDA

View Full Version : DOMINION Aerovias Internacionales de Honduras

Panama Jack
20th Aug 2003, 03:39
Has anybody heard anything about this PAX/Cargo upstart proposal?

crack up
20th Aug 2003, 23:38
Only start up I know of in HR is "Sol Air". It is a pax operation to MIA out of MHTG and MHLM with one 733 adv(US reg, borrowed/rented 121 cert.). They started up, I'm not sure if they are still operating. If I here of anything, I'll post it.

Panama Jack
21st Aug 2003, 12:09
As of today, Sol Air is still operating and from my understanding does fairly well. Sol Air's approach to wetleasing and being a "virtual" airline is to get around Honduras' problem with catetogorization. It is currently Category II, and therefore since there were no existing Honduran carriers flying to the US when it was categorized, is unable to serve the US. Nicaragua had the same problem, and started the company SANSA-- another virtual airline (through Miami Air I believe) that lasted only a few months and antagonized more of the general public against then president Arnoldo Aleman, who along with numerous other shady affairs was found to have his hands involved in this venture also. These days Aleman is in jail and SANSA doesn't exist anymore.

Aparently this new airline's model is to be a-la Sol Air-- N-numbered fleet.

I believe Sol Air also uses some of Falcon's B-727's.