View Full Version : Etihad Airways

pebo
20th Aug 2003, 01:54
Does anyone have any information about Etihad Airways, a new 330 operator?

lr25ec
20th Aug 2003, 16:25
For anyone that's A330/A340 qualified and looking to move to the ME, I would suggest Etihad Airways.... It's the State airline of Abu Dhabi, ie: owned by HH the President of the UAE.

I hear it's an extremely professional start-up, they've hired the best and probably will not be far behind Emirates in the very near future.

Good luck!

digna
21st Aug 2003, 20:30
Thanks Ir25 but any startup date or any other information will be appriciated
please
thanks

OCC
29th Aug 2003, 21:41
Hi,

Does anyone have a website address or any information on number of a/c, routes, start date, etc...

Brgds

OCC

Fox3snapshot
30th Aug 2003, 20:03
Can anybody provide me a summary of how many start-ups there are now throughout the GCC....I have completely lost track!!??

Interested to know.

:confused:

lr25ec
30th Aug 2003, 22:35
I know a lot of you are really mind boggeled (or something like that :confused: ) when you hear about the start-ups in this region. So here's my 50 cents worth on the situation.

Yes the region is small but there is always a lot of activity around here from all parts of the world, sort of what HK was like some years ago. Also you have to realise that unlike most other countries, aviation is really in its infancy here. This means that there is still room for some pretty impressive growth. Also at some point the airlines around here are going to get smart and stop flying 30 people on a wide-body on the regional route, when this happens all the low-costers will all ready be established to try and pick up that contract business. I think that there is still room in this market, particularly for the regionals...

As far as the current start-ups, here is the run down on all that are so far seeming legitimate and have started their AOC process:

1) Etihad Airways - A330s to launch and first flight 26/09/03
2) Air Arabia - A320s to launch and first flight 18/10/03
3) Transgulf Express - A320s to launch and first flight ??/10/03

Transgulf still hasn't been able to set a start date since it's the only privately owned venture and I'm sure they're having a tough time getting things done with the authorities here. Apart from this, I read that National Air Service in Saudi are planning a domestic airline to begin operations in about 12 months.

Hope this helps!

LR25EC

naughty but nice
31st Aug 2003, 03:14
They have an advert for crew on Flightinternational.com
you can send your CV to [email protected]
It says excellent salary,benifits and living conditions in a modern environment..it is also for permanant crew..
try sending your CV to this person.
Good Luck! :O

fullforward
31st Aug 2003, 14:07
The emailed CV bounced back: Mr Bryson disc database is full!
Gonna try later...
Good luck!

RFN
1st Sep 2003, 00:42
It's the same mob that tried to start up an airline in North Western Africa approx one year ago. Many people were promised jobs, but it never happened.

Better luck this time!!!!

Willie Everlearn
3rd Sep 2003, 06:36
lr25ec

are you a Local? or an ex-pat?
No offence, just curious.

Marhaba :ok:

lr25ec
3rd Sep 2003, 16:03
Actually an expat but born and raised right here... That doesn't help any though :ugh: