PDA

View Full Version : Aopa

Kris Lovell
19th Aug 2003, 19:59
Kris

Creampuff
20th Aug 2003, 05:09
Hmmmmmm

Your post seems a little more conciliatory and complimentary than the one that disappeared from the AOPA website.

You've obviously been successfully 're-educated'.

Don't forget: These days you must post their truth, and nothing but their truth.

Bart Ifonly
20th Aug 2003, 06:26
Made under duress Kris??

paddopat
20th Aug 2003, 07:26
Duress or not, that post was a lot more balanced than the last 'late night' snipe.

Good on you Kris!

One thing that has always bothered me about GA are the snipers. I figure about 10% of you are in this for purely destructive reasons. Some more than others have little of any worth to say and are just plain anti GA (see the AGAF forum).

If we could show a little more camraderie, a little more mutual support GA would be a healthier place.

But then, I am spending too much time on the 10% who are just simple idiots (puff??? not what I'd normally call you, where do you stand???).

To the 90% out there (who generally dont post to or read this type of forum) thanks for 25 years of wonderful mateship.

Pat

Outback Pilot
21st Aug 2003, 09:33
Hi Kris, good post. What do you know? hmmm :E

brianh
21st Aug 2003, 17:18
Kris
We have got Gerry Gee coming to the big end of year bash at Tooradin - you know, the guy who is manipulated by someone with their hand up his back. (True, he is coming).

Come on, admit it - who got you drunk and wrote that post for you to sing - a girl named "sue" or a gaz named "Woo"? And was it a hand or a knife in your back?

Paddo
One always values your wisdom, and particularly the coincidence of its arrival timing.

Creamy
Long time no hear. I don't think they'll take you on in a head to head. Interesting though, isn't it, that this must be the longest standing post recently with the word "AOPA" in it. Still, nice to see a post that stresses the positives of which AOPA is capable for the GA movement. Hey, that's why it isn't locked isn't it?
Cheers
Brian H

Disco Stu
21st Aug 2003, 18:38
:mad:

Hey Hey the gangs all here

:p

Disco Stu

21st Aug 2003, 20:24
After taking the time to read a lot of the posts I can only come to a conclusion that there are some board members or staff who do not want the readership to know what is going on.

Having dealt with board members from another organisation (who by the way are not elected by that orgs membership) and seeing the abuse of self interest and many of them not wanting the membership to know how the org is actually run, I can only say that there should be an open and honest medium to allow the hidden agendas out in the open.

Censorship is the surface of deceit. Will you censor my posting AOPA?

CM Skip Summers
[email protected]
0407 697 197

brianh
22nd Aug 2003, 09:20
Skip
Be a bit careful about comments about censorship and deceit, you will get the thread closed.

I have been asking some hard questions about why anything negative about AOPA is axed and it boils down to me being a sore loser (I wasn't in the race), not abiding by the umpires decision (what game, what umpire), conspiracy theory to attack other posters on this forum (which I thoroughly deny - let them show me some proof rather than rhetoric), and that i must abide by the rules (which i do). The one answer i have not received is to my question of whether any of the multiple person moderator of the forum holds any AOPA position and thus a conflict of interest, so your question is quite appropriate.

But, on reflection, no matter how I re-read it the phraseology of the initial posting just isn't Kris.

It's more a Hansard or Butterworths style - a quasi-legal style.

One cogitates therefore, who could the ghostwriter be? Not a good day for such pondering as I had too much claret last night, my head hurts, and Adam has got the stereo blaring out Creedence Clearwater Revival playing "Pagan Baby". Now, I feel so R/S I'm not sure if I am today Christian or Pagan i must go away and think about it.
Cheers
Brian H

snarek
22nd Aug 2003, 10:21
Brian.

There are now (to the best of my knowledge) no Woomeri on the board, or no AOPA Board member who are Woomeri. I am assured of that.

Skip.

If you wanna know, just ask me. Don't get caught up in the paranoid rantings of some, just ask the questions. I will answer to the best of my ability (given that I'm only a non-executive Board member, but the others will answer my questions).

I must have a thicker hide than most as I persevere here and elsewhere despite the generally negative and often spiteful comment herein. However I do so because (with the exception of one individual) I truly believe we are all in this for the betterment of GA.

The Kris post. He wrote a nasty thing. He even told me his girlfriend told him it was nasty. So he withdrew it. Kris is a good guy, one of those who will probably lead GA and/or AOPA in the coming years. Everyone makes mistakes and this is a tough game. So what???

Now, does anyone here have anything positive to say today??? They dont quite seem to be able to jump that hurdle over on AGAF :)

AK

Woomera
22nd Aug 2003, 10:49
BrianH. I am taking the unusual step of posting my response to your first PM:

I am not a Director of AOPA.

I chose to lock the thread, rather than moving it to an Administration site, to enable others to continue to read the thread and make their own decisions.

“Censorship” as you suggest would have entailed total removal of the thread.

Whilst you profess the intent of the thread was to question censorship, it was my interpretation the thread was a thinly veiled attempt to discredit some other registered PPRuNe user. The thread was going no where.

As someone else suggested, if you have some problem with AOPA, that is where I believe you should take your complaints.

PPRuNe is not a forum for you to advance your personal agenda, nor is it a platform for direct or indirect personal assault on other registered users.

PPRuNe is not a comic strip. It is a serious forum for those with a genuine interest in aviation.

Woomera

Twice today on this thread you have referred to other persons either by name or thinly veiled reference.

Refer my response this morning to your second PM. The PPRuNe Administrators may also deem your posts inappropriate under the rules of PPRuNe.

W

C182 Drover
22nd Aug 2003, 11:16
Brianh, do not let those little critters get you down. Keep up the good work, we love your posts. Truth will always shine through.

brianh
22nd Aug 2003, 17:21
Woomera
I know YOU are not an AOPA person.
But, there are multiple Woomera.

Certainly you have posted your response to my first PM.
OK, how about posting my reply to you so we get a balance - and that reply makes it quite clear that I am not attacking other posters etc etc. Are you prepared to table it publicly?

You infer my posts are a comic strip and PP is for those serious about aviation - it was not I who allowed a totally non-aviation thread to exist to an offshore site defaming the Pedders (of shock absorber fame) family - it was PP. And, comparing my posts to many others, I am disappointed to see a moderator make sweeping unwarranted and unsustainable generalisations - show us the wounds!

As I have said throughout, there seems a bias toward chopping anything negative about AOPA. Yet, the positive like this thread are allowed to remain.

It is simple to prove me wrong. PP management merely has to issue a statement that NO, repeat NO, Woomera moderator is an AOPA person. I have mentioned this previously but the drought remains. I have my apology ready to post although I would expect the PP comment to cover why the moderator acknowledged in his own earlier posting that he went to Danny re a potential conflict of interest re the AOPA election thread.

If you wish to prattle about personal agendas, it is obvious to any thinking reader after Snarek's posting that Kris had a gun put at his head to post. The funniest part of it is that the sheer vindictiveness in wanting to leave this thread up to display his post and make him serve the time for the crime of providing some constructive suggestions has backfired by virtue of the debate that has followed pointing thinking readers to the truth of the matter.

And if "someone" feels that my posts are a "thinly veiled reference" let him and her come forward and deny involvement. That also will prove me wrong - although you would want to be very sure of your facts before entering that debate.

I have offered a mirror - obviously someone isn't liking the reflection. Might be better to move this thread and start a "live and let live" strategy for dealing with the Kris's and AGAFs of this world, eh?

I cannot be more open, honest, or forthright than that. And I don't believe any of the above is a breach of the rules, the law, or etiquette.
Cheers
Brian H

brianh
23rd Aug 2003, 05:58
Wise and intelligent readers,

I have reflected on it overnight and am prepared to stand trial for the allegations raised by Woomera, as this will clear the air.

The fair justice process should be: -

A. A list of the alleged wrongdoings. Based on the moderator posting his claims would probably include,
1. Thinly veiled references to other people's names.
2. Having a dip at other posters.
3. An agenda.
4. Interfering in "secret women's business"
5. Possibly even kicking the ship's cat.

While I categorically deny wrongdoing, although 5 is tempting, I am biased so let the Perry Masons take over.

B. A benchmark to test my behaviour.
This would need to be a well viewed thread with quite a few postings by many to give us a fair statistical basis of analysis.

OK, quite a topical benchmark would be the AOPA pre-Election thread - it seems to fit the above criteria. Let's have it back up for a week's analysis.

C. Let us call in an umpire without a foot in either camp - I am happy to accept an irregular unbiased poster like Paul Phelan who has a good knowledge of aviation, legal issues, etc.

D. That umpire could then determine and pronounce on whether the issues of which I am accused are my precedent or the norm on this forum.

Based on my analysis of what appeared on that abovementioned thread and many others on this forum, I am entering a plea of "not guilty".

The one crime to which I will plead guilty is asking why postings about AOPA - for which I might add I just mailed off my five year membership renewal because I stand by my belief that it has the potential to represent our freedom to fly responsibly when it focuses on core issues instead of personalities - are treated differently dependiing on the sentiment expressed about AOPA, and whether this has any link to a moderators earlier COI posting.

Mea culpa. Not for asking the question but for thinking they wouldn't shoot the messenger.

Woomeri, my congratulations on the overall fine job you do in often difficult circumstances. I am disappointed at the behaviour in this matter, but that is my own perception.

Let the trial commence (I'm off to earn a quid, perhaps rent a crowd can slip a few knives in during my absence). Woomera who posted, please ensure Admin get a copy of this posting if you really have sought their opinion on my earlier ones as it is probably the best summary of where we are and how we got here.
Cheers
Brian Hannan