PDA

View Full Version : VB Interview

flarenow
18th Aug 2003, 19:16
G,day to all - I've been reading the prune for a long time and appreciate the good info that abounds.

This is my first post.

If I read the tea leaves correctly I may get a VB interview shortly, just wondering if anyone could enlighten me on the anecdotal pass/fail rate of such interviews? Have any pilots actually failed the interview (as we all know the biggest hurdle is actually getting it!).

Additionally I am aware that the interview format is (unlike the red rat) quite informal and chatty. Also that you will only be pumped for questions that may reflect any perceived 'inadequacies' in your background.

Can anyone confirm the above is correct or provide any other info on the VB interview process. Dont get me wrong - I'm studying my butt off to give myself the best chance but any tips would be appreciated.

cheers and thanks in anticipation:D

404 Titan
18th Aug 2003, 21:01
flarenow

Don’t know what the pass/fail rate is or for that matter what the interview is like but I do know two people that did fail the DJ interview. One has a jet command on a BA146 and the other drives Metros. All I can suggest is that you find out as much of the interview process as you can and prepare yourself for it to the best of your ability. You only have one shot so make it your best.

:ok: :)

jetblues
19th Aug 2003, 05:19
Yes snagging the interview is the tough part. There are thousands of CV's on file, and many of them have a recommendation attached.

Use the "search" function on this topic and it will bring up a whole load of tips and comments, many are spot on !

Be relaxed but on your guard, they will look for the face to fit be assured. They are busy men so be precise with your answers. Questions will probably evolve from your background eg. if you currently drive PA31's it would be fair for them to ask you a few high altitude/jet theory questions etc.

Do people miss out - yes. Do people get another chance - yes (but not always). Ensure you meet all the criteria before turning up for the interview (OZ ATPL subjects etc).

Is it a good job, you better believe it. The airline is profitable, expanding and lots of opportunities.

Good luck !!

flarenow
19th Aug 2003, 18:27
JETBLUES & 404 TITAN

Thanks for that info and the search tips - it will help.

corblimey
20th Aug 2003, 08:09
Does anyone have (or know of anyone who does have) an interview coming up.

I know they have done interviews on 8/8 and 20/8, but anything in September ??