PDA

View Full Version : Fraser Nash front turret

Onan the Clumsy
18th Aug 2003, 11:56
My parents just happen to have one lying around in their back garden, but they want to get rid of it.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what I could do with it? (apart from the obvious of course :uhoh: )

I have to say it's not in the greatest of condition, but It'd be good if it could go to a good home.

I'll try and get some pics.

682al
18th Aug 2003, 16:22
I happen to be restoring a Frazer Nash F.N.5 front turret from a Lancaster. One of the few items I'm missing is a cupola! It doesn't need to be glazed (I'm resigned to having to produce new perspex at some stage) but the frame work would be extremely useful, even if it turns out not to be from a Lancaster (the F.N. 5 was used on the Wellington, Warwick and Stirling, too).

I hope you'll consider my request!

Regards

Al

Onan the Clumsy
18th Aug 2003, 20:12
You're kidding! I'll PM you.

Onan the Clumsy
19th Aug 2003, 22:08
Al, I just sent you another PM - I've got pictures now. If you can't get to your PMs, just post a reply here.

682al
20th Aug 2003, 22:15
Got the pictures - thanks! They confirm that it is just what I need to more or less complete the Frazer Nash FN 5 front turret.

I emailed you a (not particularly good) photo of one of my other turrets - A Frazer Nash Fn 150, Lancaster mid-upper.

Regards!

Al

solotk
30th Aug 2003, 09:48
Onan, would apprciate a look at the piccies as well if possible?

Oh , do you still have the thing, and your parents don't have other bits of airframe tucked away do they?

Regards

Tony