PDA

View Full Version : Hunter down in Wales

poetpilot
17th Aug 2003, 02:05
Reported on NW news last night (Friday), that a Hunter lost power at 20,000 crossing back from Ireland and crashed in Wales. Pilot (Bae test pilot) ejected safely, got interviewed on TV so obviously (and thankfully) safe and well. Sounds like he did a very responsible job in pointing the aircraft at clear ground before banging out.

Well done that man - poor old Hunter just a tail sticking out of the ground I'm afraid. Camouflaged with a yellow numbered circle on the fin.

PPRuNe Pop
17th Aug 2003, 04:43
Ummmm! Are we not talking about Craig Penrice here? Or is there another BAe Hunter pilot with an identical accident?

Craig is making a remarkable recovery and we wish him well.

G085H1TE
18th Aug 2003, 20:54
So how was Mars then poetpilot? I hear it's very nice this time of year!

That crash happened on 1st June. It was XF516 a Hunter F.6A owned by Peter Hellier and operated by the Hunter Flying Club based at Exeter.;)

Zlin526
19th Aug 2003, 03:07
D'oh!:rolleyes:

BEagle
19th Aug 2003, 03:07
Glad that he got out OK - but poor old XF516! I last flew her on 28 Jul 1976 at Brawdy. That hottest summer for years. We were due to fly some Air Combat Manoeuvring; unfortunately after a couple of splits I lost all R/T as the mic/tel lead connector from the bang seat to the fusleage had become detached. So I went back on the other chap's wing.