PDA

View Full Version : Headphones

Snoopy
16th Aug 2003, 23:06
I'm sitting back watching my IFE and consuming that gourmet meal that some very attentive F/A has put in front of me. Oooops, here she/he is mouthing something at me...headphones off, question answered, headphones on...and so on, and so forth.

Don't cabin crew ever get tired of having to ask everything twice or, alternatively, competing with Marcel Marceau for the position as best mime?

I certainly get fed up of the headphone on/headphone off routine and don't watch a movie during a meal. I really try and favour those airlines that have the VOD systems which allow you to stop/start movies at will.

Flying Boat
16th Aug 2003, 23:14
Wear your headphones the same way as the pilots.

One on your ear & one off, that way you can monitor the audio track & take part in a conversation at the same time.

:ok:

marlowe
17th Aug 2003, 01:35
So would you rather the F/A ignored you? you would soon complain when you did not get that 3rd G&T.

Snoopy
17th Aug 2003, 09:39
Marlowe

You got me wrong....I used tp feel really stupid when I would see the F/A standing there talking to me and I couldn't hear. And I could imagine that they get thoroughly frustrated when they have to repeat everything twice to each passenger wearing headphones. I just don't wear them during the food/drink service anymore...makes me feel more human!

Snoopy

PAXboy
17th Aug 2003, 10:31
I don't wear headphones when eating as I find that I can hear myself eating ... and that disturbs my eating.:bored: