PDA

View Full Version : Flight Schools in Japan / Asia

GazDeLuxe
15th Aug 2003, 19:54
As I hope to take a job opening in Japan or surrounding countries soon, I am looking for Flight Schools in this Region. I would like to know about the possibilities for a CPL and later maybe an ATPL.
FAA, CAA or even JAA would be fine, or do these countries have their own regulations? Any experiences or other info are more then welcome, thanks from Holland :ok:

c152driver
16th Aug 2003, 01:10
Japanese government issues JCAB license.
The most popular flight schools in Japan are Air Flite Japan or Asahi Flight School. But Its really expensive to get CPL. may be $150,000US.....

malaysian eaglet
16th Aug 2003, 09:06
MFA (Malaysian Flying Academy) is doing a CPL/ATPL mixed UK-CAA / Malaysian DCA and is going to do the JAR licensing scheme in a very short while.

kwaiyai
20th Aug 2003, 19:06
Malaysian Eaglet,
Please check your Private Message box,
Merci Beaucoup.:E

kazumichik
7th Sep 2003, 08:22
Forget about doing any training in Japan. My Japanese buddy wanted to get his private license. It was cheaper for him to fly him, his wife, his daughter and I to the U.S., rent an apartment for a month, and a car, and pay me a bit for my time than it was to do the training there. One outfit that I knew of at the time was charging $700 and hour for a C172 with an instructor. I kid you not. Japan is very GA-unfriendly.

One option is an aero club at one of the U.S. military bases. But, of course, you have to have some connection to the base - as a contractor, soldier, whatever - to get in. Yokota AFB is near Tokyo.

Guam has some cheap schools, I hear. Tinian, too.

gliderman69
24th Sep 2003, 19:35
is it really that expensive to fly in Japan?

Does any one know of any schools around Tokyo so I can check?

Cheers!

c152driver
27th Sep 2003, 05:28
Check "HONDA Aviation" out! only one flight school in Tokyo area, I guess.
The most famous one is "AIR FLITE JAPAN" which is subsidiary of JAL and TOYOTA.

www.honda-air.co.jp
www.afj.co.jp

SAYONARA