PDA

View Full Version : The FORK and nothing but the FORK

kavu
15th Aug 2003, 13:16
Hello all.

I've just been using my brain for the day and came up with a crazy thought.

With all the security screening that goes on at airports around the country and not allowing dangerous items onboard, how about trying to take on the metal forks that are found on the planes for meal services?

I mean if I turned up to the scanner and it went off because of the metal fork that I stole off a flight, could I then take it onboard again?

I think they could they say "No", but why?

Is this metal fork a dangerous item? Yes - then why do they have them onboard the aircraft?

Some commetns please. :ok:

I'm gone!
15th Aug 2003, 16:59
Here is one for you Kavu,

Try walking though with the Crash Axe FROM the COCKPIT and see how you fare!:rolleyes:

Cheers,

I'm gone!

Thump & Go
15th Aug 2003, 18:21
Dull day at the office huh Kavu?;)

Crash axe,fork,fish slice-doesn't matter you wont be scanned unless you're on something 100 seats and up....apparently beeches,saabs and ATRs dont get hijacked!

kavu
16th Aug 2003, 06:44
Yep another dull day at the office. The brain goes crazy with all these voices inside my head. Will have to stop taking those little blue pills.......

Thump & Go. If you travel through Christchurch airport then they scan you when heading out to gates 4, 5 & 6.

What I'd like to see someone do is try this for the jets. Any volunteers?

Thump & Go
16th Aug 2003, 07:07
BIK is that supposed to make me feel better?
In actual fact I can remember a hijack of sorts of a saab that occurred at NZNS on the ground.It didn't make the news but involved the 3 crew and an emotional man with a weapon(can't recall what)who had to be "talked down" before surrendering to police.It can happen-we're not living in that "benign strategic" atmosphere that helenski believes.
Who'd ever thought of flying A/C in to buildings?

Kavu I thought you were off the blue ones?
...don't get through CHCH too often

High Altitude
16th Aug 2003, 09:41
When was the last time a Cessna got hijaked?
(not that long ago)...

NoseGear
16th Aug 2003, 10:30
G'day Kavu mate, take the red pills mate, the RED ones!! As for your thread it's pretty interesting as you can make almost anything into a weapon. Back in the deep, dark days during my training I worked as a prison officer, and one of the most common weapons found was the humble toothbrush with a sharpened point on the handle. I saw the damage it could do and it was not pretty, because all you need at the end of the day is something to make the initial entry wound, then the rest just follows along. As for the hijacking, an ATR, Saab, Beech or Cessna would make a nasty hole in Helenski's office.:{

I for one would not like to be forked..............although it does depend on what she looks like..............:) :)

Nosey

Split Flap
16th Aug 2003, 13:40
Which colored pill took you to the matrix again, ah well I must have taken the wrong one cause everything seems normal.

Pass-A-Frozo
16th Aug 2003, 16:42
“The last time a Beechcraft, Saab or ATR was hijacked was......”
30 July 1999 one was .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/415854.stm

:8

18-Wheeler
16th Aug 2003, 16:54
Try walking though with the Crash Axe FROM the COCKPIT and see how you fare!

It's been done, by a guy I know who was in JFK airport in New York. I'm susprised he didn't get shot.
He was trying to give the security baboons a good reason as to why they should not really worry too much about the tiny pair of nail clippers he was carrying, so he went out and grabbed the axe from the cockpit.
I totally agree with the sentiment, but we all just wish he would have carried the axe INSIDE his bag instead of BY HAND through the terminal!

Then there's another true story of the security baboons getting stuck into a QF pilot, not sure why, but when he questioned them as to why they would let take something-or-other with him, the reply was, "Because we're concerned that you will try to take over the airplane."
Did I say baboons?
Oh yes, I already did ....

bitter balance
17th Aug 2003, 10:13
SAABs & Dashes pax do get scanned in some airports. Its not anything to do with a/c size, but airport size.

Thump & Go
17th Aug 2003, 13:31
You lucky Aussies may get scanned by reference to airport size BB,but not us here in kiwiland. Case in point : Rotorua-as soon as the whimper jets were pulled so were the security measures. In Auckland the smallies leave from the far end of terminal which strangely enough is bereft of scanners whilst 30 meters away a new one sits at the boeing domestic dep gates.
Was told more than 99 seats was requirement to keep security at Rotovegas?

...Bledisloe home again :ok: