PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Emiri Air Force Hunters

G085H1TE
15th Aug 2003, 00:02
Hello all,

I originally posted this on the Military Aircrew forum but someone there suggested I might get a better response here so here it is...

My apologies in advance if this is not the appropriate place to post this question, but here goes.

I am currently restoring the forward fuselage section of one of the three ex-Qatar Emiri Air Force Hunter FGA.78s, in this case tail number QA12. These a/c were refurbished Dutch F.6s and were delivered to Qatar in 1971 and retired in 1982. For some of that period I believe that they were flown and maintained by seconded RAF personnel.

I think that researching the history and service of these things is as much a part of the restoration process as the bolting of bits back on, so is there anyone here who was involved with these Hunters back then?

I'm looking for any sort of info to add to my research I suppose - photos would be great (in particular of QA12), history, stories, anecdotes...anything really!

Again, apologies if this is not appropriate in this forum but any help would be very much appreciated.:ok: