PDA

View Full Version : Been asked for advice but don't know, so....

MadsDad
14th Aug 2003, 21:38
Chatting with a much younger acquaintance (student/barman - you are allowed one guess as to which role he was in at the time) who is thinking about joining the RAF, in some sort of engineering role (he knows his eyesight rules out flying). There were a couple of questions he asked me that I didn't know the answers to but I'm sure someone round here does (and he knows he can get the answers either over the internet or at a recruitment office but doesn't have access to either at the moment). They were:-

1. What is the upper age limit for joining as an Engineering Officer (he is older than the average student).

2. Is there a UAS associated with Oxford Brookes university (I would assume Oxford is but it might be limited to the 'old' Uni. there).

rivetjoint
14th Aug 2003, 21:51
The rafcareers.com web site suggests 38 is the upper age, presumably thats to show they'd welcome someone with industry with relevant experience I guess.

Its all here Link (http://www.rafcareers.com/html/airbase/dispjob.asp?id=41)

Lucifer
14th Aug 2003, 23:26
UASs are not restricted to the university's name that it shares - he is most certainly able to join OUAS.

Unmissable
19th Aug 2003, 05:48
MadsDad tell acquaintance that he must survive on his own two feet to be successful. I cannot believe that he is unable to get on internet or to careers office to find out such information at the ripe old age that he is. I suspect that even if he falls within the rules (which from other's replies he should) then his lack of initiative will rule him out.