PDA

View Full Version : Qantas recruitment

Toowoombagirl
14th Aug 2003, 17:23
Can anyone help me with the Qantas rumours? Is it true they are recruiting in October? I am on the short list and was wondering if anyone knew anything?:rolleyes:

Tempo
14th Aug 2003, 17:48
One can only hope (fingers crossed)!

ExcessData
14th Aug 2003, 18:10
Is that what you heard, T Girl? Encouraging for us all if that's the case.

Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is the 'shortlist'?

-ED

14th Aug 2003, 22:56
ED
That's a list that is shorter than other lists:}

No seriously, it means that you have been selected and are now just waiting to be offered a contract, so to speak.

Poto
15th Aug 2003, 09:37
October Ahh!
Lets hope the wheel is turning faster than previously rumoured.
Not familar with this short list, is this the "Hold File" or "active consideration" or What? I am aware they do some final checks before they offer slots. Are we referring to people who have already completed security clearences/ dental x-rays etc.

Good luck to all hoping for a slot! :ok:

corblimey
15th Aug 2003, 12:27
Also heard that Cathay are about to cranck things up again.
Has anyone heard anything

Thanks

IORRA
15th Aug 2003, 16:38
AFAIK, Cathay are resuming pilot recruitment from mid November.

Toowoombagirl
16th Aug 2003, 19:02
Hi all,just heard another one regarding flight attendant recruitment for QF.Apparently they are recruiting and its for long haul and it will be sometime soon..The short list means people who have had interviews,police checks,ref checks and medical. There are 5 stages!And also Australian and Virgin are interviewing and QF have opened their expressions of interest,all very interesting.Good luck to those waiting!!!:confused: :ok: :D

Jedi
18th Aug 2003, 08:25
POTO

now Im really confussed, is there a shorter list than the short list, or is the short list as short as it gets? :confused:

bdcer
18th Aug 2003, 09:58
Toowoombagirl,
Would love to know your source! The staff at recruitment indicated to me that they didn't know when recruitment would start up but the earliest could be Jan next year. That info was passed to me a couple of weeks ago (so it is old news).
I also heard that they needed more 744 SOs but the positions would be staffed internally within the company (something like 30 or so being re-roled to 744 from 767 & 743). If this was true then those courses would tie up up to 3 conversion courses, leaving no opportunity for external recruitment for a while. Please note this is mere speculation & I am not in the know!!

Keg
18th Aug 2003, 14:05
Are we talking about pilots or Flight attendants? I note the line about 'Australian interviewing' and assume that is for F/As because they have just taken another batch of 767 drivers from QF and so have no need to interview.

All getting a bit confusing!

ExcessData
18th Aug 2003, 14:31
T Girl's talking about F/A recruitment it seems. Nonetheless, with the 'recruitment freeze' from the last few months now seemingly over (assuming F/A recruitment resumes in October as stated), the way seems clear for pilot recruitment to resume once the demand is there.

Bdcer - don't forget the A333s going international within the next 6 months (if all goes to plan). As yet there are no S/Os on that type - watch this space.

-ED

Poto
18th Aug 2003, 17:41
Jedi
I have no idea how the system works at Q recruiting, all I know is that I have some pals who have had Reference checks, Dental X-rays and security checks completed prior to the freeze on courses and I was wondering if 'that' is the short list Toowoombagirl is referring to.

Like I said before no idea how it all works.
:confused:

RYAN TCAD
19th Aug 2003, 16:40
1 week ago was - freeze on pilot recruitment until at least Jan & possibly up to mid next year.

Yes - that was from QF recruitment themselves!

Keg
19th Aug 2003, 22:07
Was once told in April of a particular year that QF wasn't going to take any pilots for the 'forseeable future' and that meant at least 2-3 years. They took the first pilot less than three months later and had taken in 80 within the six months after that! :eek:

Things can change. This is this weeks five year plan. Who knows what next weeks may bring. It may be better, it may be worse. Don't get too wound up in the 'rumours'. It'll happen when it happens.

Regards

Toowoombagirl
21st Aug 2003, 07:19
Sorry to confuse everyone!!!I have friends like all of you in the industry and the rumour network is rife at the moment!!Qantas have ordered more aircraft and are expanding.I have been through five stages in the fa recruitment process and am now up to the sixth stage which is waiting for a training school so fingers crossed for everyone,,pilots and all and lets hope we all get jobs so we can get on with our careers and get back up in the skies!!! There are alot of people waiting on these lists and we all just have to patiently wait for a phone call..Good things come to those who wait!!!;) :ok: :D

OBNO
11th Sep 2003, 16:49
So, anyone want to take a guess when Qantas may start recruiting pilots again?
Acknowledging what the Q website says: Nothing till early to mid 2004.

WhiteRat Wannabe
11th Sep 2003, 22:51
Not for a VERY long time at this rate. Sounds like the jobs will be going to the kiwis for a while:mad:

FQ Phone Dofus
12th Sep 2003, 07:22
Hmmm, sounds like there is going to be a minor war break out between OZ and NZ if thas the case!!:ooh: :ooh: :ouch:

mikeboggan
15th Sep 2003, 14:54
Can I get a job?
I used to fly as supernumery crew with "The Queen's Flight",
We had Stewards, but they suffered from hangovers as well.... served them no end of inedible food....They eat the wierdest stuff.
Only joking:D
About the job I mean....
Good luck T Girl

Mike

vdd
20th Sep 2003, 10:23
Hi Toowoombagirl

Any more news with this one? Word is/rumour is October or Xmas time for f/a recruitment, although October is just around the corner so I doubt it.

Cheers and good luck:)

ExcessData
20th Sep 2003, 16:42
Re cabin crew, not such good news here unfortunately it seems:

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=102518

Still, like everything in this industry, things seem to change overnight.

Best of luck,
ED