View Full Version : Jet Personnel This Time!!!!

naughty but nice
14th Aug 2003, 05:55
Me again:p
just sent my cv and pics off to Jet Personnel...hoping to get a reply but have never heard of them so can anyone fill me in?
Ive just seen the website with a women named Jackie in charge of the company?
It seems really good..does anybody have any experience with them? does appear that they have quiet a few UAE clients which is good as thats where i wanna be!
Bye4now...NBN. xxx

Willie Everlearn
16th Aug 2003, 04:46
NBN

Jackie is a gem really.
Very honest, tell-it-like-it-is.
In fact, I landed a job "over there" through Jet Personnel a few years ago. I'd most definitely recommend her.

:ok:

Willie

flossie
20th Aug 2003, 15:07
Jet Personel, Jackie-van-Dooren. Don't get me started! I am afraid I have to disagree with the previous comment. She is bad news for anyone (flight attendants) who don't conform to her tastes. Experience counts for nothing where she is concerned. If she doesn't like the look of you ie you don't have long hair or aren't blonde and dressed "glamorously" she wont look twice at you and you will be lucky to hear from her!

I do know people who have got good jobs through her, but as I say, they were all blonde! Most of her clients are Arabs, and she claims that "they prefer blondes" Well I have been in the Middle East for 10 years and quite frankly that statement is so wrong it's laughable. She is stuck in the old ages. She discriminates all the time and the only reason she gets away with it is because she accepts CV's from all people, most just don't get anywhere with her!

Good luck to anyone who gets anywhere with her, but her reputation is rapidly going down the toilet, and I am sure it wont be long before someone takes over her clients and provides a far better service to a wider range of people. Think twice about wasting your money and decent photos on her books!

:mad: :*

chinny
20th Aug 2003, 17:55
:( goodness me-me thinks that there may be a bit more behind this than first meets the eye !!!:sad:
:cool: Would you like to share your thoughts a bit more "flossie"?:p :p :p

4HolerPoler
20th Aug 2003, 18:11
I was going to stay out of this but now feel obliged to include my five cents worth.

If you're a presentable, attractive lady; an experienced flight attendant and looking for a position in private aviation or yachts, in many locales, specifically the Middle East, call Jackie. If you're an average "Joan" with a body-mass index approaching the caution range then save the paper. My company has hired blondes, brunettes and dark-haired ladies through Jackie; she's been around long enough to know which ladies will make the grade.

"Glamorous" is what is expected, if you can't conform then stay in the airlines. The bottom line: Jackie runs a class act; if you've got the attributes she'll recognize them; if you haven't expect rejection. And the inevitable bitterness.

4HP

homesick rae
20th Aug 2003, 18:38
She got me one interview many moons ago and I was shortlisted, but didn't get the job. The company in question were supposed to reimburse my flight and she promised to chase this up, but I am still waiting. She also asked me if I was interested in a position for a few months in Europe, then promptly called me back to say that the contract was no longer available.

Since then I have updated my CV with her a while back and have heard nothing.

You also definitely have more chance of a reaction if you are female!

chinny
20th Aug 2003, 21:21
:cool: Spot on 4holerpoler:ok:

homesickrae-unfortuneately that is line of business that we choose to be in.Not always the Agents fault -but the clients'-if they decide not to pay, or pull their contracts then that is up to them-they don't give a s**t about all the hard work that goes into their requests or all the hopes that are built up over an inquiry,but the agents still have an obligation to their Company to do the work and make money!
:{ Sad but unfortuneately true that there are people out there like that.:{ :{

No I'm not an agent rep !!!

flossie
22nd Aug 2003, 14:50
Yes, I am partly speaking from personal experience, but also from the experience of others, to whom she has been offensive and downright rude! It may come across to you 4HP that I am bitter, but quite frankly that is not the case.
I have been in this industry long enough to realise that it is one of the most discriminatory in the world and it is dog eat dog.

I have had two Excellent private flying jobs, neither through Ms Van-Dooren. Even though I have been on her books for years, and have spent a lot of money getting her the "glamourous" photos she requested. Rather than the more professional ones I thought would be more appropriate.

The fact of the matter is, if she takes a disliking to you, (without even meeting or talking to you), experience and looks do not count. I could be the winner of a beauty pagent, very photogenic with a blue chip CV, but I wouldn't get anywhere!

I stand by my comments and I am sure there are plently of other very good looking girls who have experienced the same treatment by her.

At the end of the day everything in life comes down to personal experience. Mine with her was a bad one!!

I am very experienced and I am far from an average "Joan" even if I do say so myself!!!

;)

Peggy Mitchell
26th Aug 2003, 06:16
Hello Darlins.....usual is it Pauline ?

Jackie was in the Vic the other day and we caught up on the PPRUNE gossip. She told me that some girls have such big chips on their shoulders that not even Ian Beale's chippy could come up with the vinegar for 'em ; and WHY ? Because they have been unsuccessful in getting a job with Kal Air on the 767.

" Go on get aaat my pub....go on you're barred ...get aaat or I'll call my Grant "

naughty but nice
26th Aug 2003, 17:43
Hi,
wondering who and where are KAL AIR?