PDA

View Full Version : Teesside new routes next summer?

mmeteesside
14th Aug 2003, 01:56
What do you think about Teesside getting new routes after bmibaby have set up? It might get them realised.

..But there have been rumours that FR are going to drop MME in favour of NCL! when they have been here for about 4 years! and also rumours that bmi are going to drop the LHR route!

Also, any details on the new NCL-MAN-Durban (S.Africa) route for next summer?

mmeteesside
MME Spotter
Scott Cooper

bmibaby.com
14th Aug 2003, 03:37
I can speak about the rumor mill at bmibaby.

bmibaby is probably going to be basing aircraft at Teeside next summer along the lines of two or possibly three aircraft.
The rumored route network is:
Malaga, Alicante, Barcelona and Palma daily.
Dublin and Belfast twice daily.

I have not heard anything about bmi dropping its Teeside link. But everything changes all the time at bmi and we're the last to know anyhow so . . .

Thats what I've heard anyway.
I cant speak for Ryanair rumors though.

onion
14th Aug 2003, 18:27
Can't see the spanish destinations as daily more likely 2 be twice weekly or something, paris would be better daily, can't see ryanair giving up as the route has good figures. bmi are contracted 2 do the heathrow, not sure 4 how long now but must still have 2 years left. The only problem 4 the airport though is in the contract it says something like no low costs in2 london airports and no jets either. Means Teesside r unlikely 2 get and new london services

TwinAisle
15th Aug 2003, 07:32
As perhaps one of baby's greatest fans (see my postings passim) , I wish them all the best at MME - and CWL, MAN and EMA - especially at CWL, but I digress...

... but 3 aircraft at MME? Given that baby now have the 13 they were expecting, and Sir Michael can't/won't let them have more (so the rumour mill tells us) - this allows ten for three bases - 3 at CWL (although the timetable is ramping up, so could be 4), 3 at MAN (ditto) - which leaves anything between 2 and 4 at EMA??

Something in this equation is going to have to give, methinks...

Viva Baby Libra!?!

TA

Tom the Tenor
15th Aug 2003, 07:55
Anyone care to guess what are the chances of a Teeside - Cork from baby for next year, even at a 4 x 7 rotation? Might be interesting? :8

ALLMCC
15th Aug 2003, 17:48
Although not directly connected with this thread, I visited BHD yesterday evening & while there got chatting to a BMI employee - he advised me that had heard from both within his own camp and from an Aviance employee, that a Bmibaby move from BFS to BHD had again been rumoured.

Can anyone confirm this or otherwise?

bmibaby.com
15th Aug 2003, 20:13
bmi only has a fleet of 13 Boeing 737 family aircraft, and so we have been restricted to 13 aircraft at the moment, also Sir Micheal does not want baby to grow larger or more successfully than the parent company.

However, if the rumors are true that bmi is going to be making a significant aircraft order in the not too distant future, I have heard that bmibaby will be allowed to expand to a total of 20 - 25 aircraft.

Bodjit
17th Aug 2003, 17:35
Hiya Guys,

Expansion at MME by anyone............

Forgive me if i say I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm not holding my breath:p