PDA

View Full Version : SAR Boy Website

FFP
13th Aug 2003, 21:25
What happened to the thread about the SAR boy's website ?

Arctic Tern
13th Aug 2003, 21:48
Launch the 1st standby, the bulletin about Andy Elwood's fan site is missing. Please Mr Moderator bring it back, we hadn't even started to take the p##s.:{

FFP
13th Aug 2003, 22:18
Hear Hear Artic !

I was one of the fortunate ones who managed to subscribe to his newsletter.

Let us not deny Pruners everywhere this opportunity !!

The Nr Fairy
13th Aug 2003, 22:25
I dunno, the only famous SAR people I've heard of are Dai Potter and Jon Parsons - and that's only cos I've seen them in a dire video my nipper has called "RAF Rescue", and these two are in it !

And it's dire 'cos it's put together extremely badly, not because of the aforementioned gents' contribution.

Arctic Tern
14th Aug 2003, 03:57
NR Fairy
The main player in the Rescue series was John Prince. There is a whole section on a SAR Helo website mentioned here a few days ago. I agree that the series was badly put together, and believe me when I tell you there were no perks for the crews. A few of the boys put zaps on their helmets like "IB wears Rolex, or DA drives BMW, or JP shops at Next" but this was frowned upon. The Sqn fund didn't exactly blossom either.

The Nr Fairy
14th Aug 2003, 05:43
Arctic :

I remember the Rescue series - I even bought the book !

This video is not of that quality - it's produced by Castle Video, and there's no narration on a large part of the first 15 minutes, and the whole t hing is disjointed to buqqery - "Rescue" is light years ahead.

Watching it (briefly) this arvo to get the names right, it appears Dai Potter is most envious of the coffee machine in a Sea King !