PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Blue Crew please..

wing8
13th Aug 2003, 20:33
Hello!

Any Virgin Blue crew out there willing to offer some insight ,I recently got notified to attend Assessment Day for Mel based position and would like any(preferrably Mel Based)current crew who could please be so kind and Priv Message me,not so much about interview process but more about the type of shifts,trips,any info about what it's like to work at the Mel base and any other useful bits -would be much appreciated.

Thanks a million in advance!:D

smile
17th Aug 2003, 19:03
HI Wing8,

sorry I have taken so long to reply to your message. I have had a very hectic fews days at work and needed to catch up on lots of sleep:zzz:

I am Brissie based with Virgin Blue so I really can't comment from first hand experience about MEL base, but I can give you a little bit of second hand info.

As you may know the MEL base was only opened in Feb this year so it has been going through a few teething problems. Lack of o'nights was one of the main issues as well as long days and being drafted on days off. To add to this DJ, due to our fast growth, has had a recent change of crewing system that has come with its own teething problems.

From what I understand the conditions in MEL have improved in recent months with the number of o'nights steadily increasing as well as the new system working out most rostering issues. MEL based crew spend most of thier time between Tassie, ADL, PER and SYD, but as anyone in this industry knows nothing is set in cement and you could see yourself in CNS or TSV.

I love working for Virgin Blue and believe that if you are thinking of joining the company now is a great time. We should be flying to local international ports within the next couple of months which will add a whole new chapter to the company.

Good luck with your interview and feel free to message me any time.

love SMILE

:O

Wingletts
20th Aug 2003, 15:06
Hi guys
attended a VB interview/grp seminar on Tues in Melb. Interesting as they had changed some of their group activities.
Overall ,though it was a fun afternoon and went really quickly.

The recruiters told us that it would be at least 2-4weeks before we would hear anything back regarding another interview, although in my experience and from what I've heard you can be called back as quickly as that same day after the interview or the very next day.Does anyone have any info about this as no one I went thru the interview with has heard anything either..waiting waiting..I get a little frazzled when I hear my mobile go off lately!

Also they said they are only looking for 30 f/a's for Melbourne at this stage although I have heard fom some of their crew that at least 5 ground schools will be going through in the next few months as Melbourne base is so short staffed - surely they would need more than 30 f/a's if this is the case?

Any info would be great!
Fingers crossed!
Wingletts