PDA

View Full Version : gamco salaries

reracked.au
13th Aug 2003, 11:39
Gday All

At the risk of being boring and repetative, (as I know this subject has been aired previously), can I ask for assistance. Just seeking a ballpark GAMCO LAE initial salary that can be expected?

A friend has been offered a position at AUH and the job offer is on the way apparently. I said Id try and assist by asking at this forum, what he can expect. He's Avionics 73 & 76. (15 years with a carrier). Hes anticipating about 11000 dirhams ( approx $3000USD) per month. Is this what can be reasonably expected?

Best Wishes and many thanks,

Jango
13th Aug 2003, 17:57
That is probably ball park, but do not expect any assistance. Colleague of mine lasted 6 wks! they just screwed him around endlessly until another job offer appeared and he left.

If he is 767/737-300/400/500 then I know Sasco in Singapore are looking, probably a bit more than Gamco and I would say Singapore is nicer than AD.

If he needs more info on Sasco drop me a line.

rwm
13th Aug 2003, 20:22
Abu Dhabi can be a bit expensive if he has a family. Is this position a married position or as a bachelor? The salary is a bit low for the amount of time he has in the industry. We pay our unlicenced fitters more than that.

As to gamco being a bit of a bad place to work, I'm not sure first hand, but have heard many horror stories from people who have worked there, or still work there, and this is from both workers and management types.

reracked.au
14th Aug 2003, 10:04
Jango and RWM

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Situation is he is single and just happy to actually have a job offer of any sort. Nothing at all happening in Australia at present.

Yes, expected $'s are low, but guess he's being pragmatic in thinking that anything in the current global climate is better than no job at all, and by default allowing Licence to expire. Further Type training was mentioned at interview as a good possibility.

Thanks to you both again, Jango have forwarded you private message.

Best Wishes

rwm
14th Aug 2003, 13:30
That is an added bonus if they offer any training. Training in Arab companies is not overly comon. Just be sure he doesn't get tied to any bonds. Can get sticky over here if he decides to quit, and he is tied to a bond. He could get arrested trying to leave the airport. Same with an outstanding bill for just about anything.

reracked.au
14th Aug 2003, 14:19
Understood mate, thanks for the advice, will gladly pass it on.
Regards

Jango
14th Aug 2003, 14:36
reracked... sent a prvt message with some contact info - cheers Jango

reracked.au
14th Aug 2003, 15:05
Jango

Have taken your advice, thanks again mate. Will advise.

reracked.au