PDA

View Full Version : Does SN Brussels Airlines serve Belgium well?

bmibaby.com
13th Aug 2003, 05:26
I was wondering the other day again about if I was to start or invest in an airline where would I do it and I thought about Belgium.

Whilst there is Ryanair from Charleroi and there is SN Brussels Airlines, Virgin Express and Thomas Cook Airlines from BRU, is the local community served well both on short, midi and longhaul routes by the existing carriers or do you think there'd be room for a bmi-type operation in Belgium?

Tom the Tenor
13th Aug 2003, 08:58
Any problems the Belgians have with lack of routes can be solved easily enough: the Flemish can fly with KLM from AMS and the Walloons can use Air France from Paris. :D

Avman
13th Aug 2003, 20:59
I think that SNBA do a pretty good job. I've had to use them several times this year and I've been very impressed with the service both in C and Y class as well as their excellent on-time (usually early) performance. I''m sure that they intend to continue a controlled expansion and introduce more routes when the time is right. Personally, I think they should stay clear of the longhaul stuff (with perhaps Africa as the exception) and concentrate on Europe.
However, I would never ''invest'' in an airline in Belgium. Too many pitfalls!

SNBA
22nd Aug 2003, 02:18
For the time they are operating their route network is very impresive.

BAe 146-100
22nd Aug 2003, 02:47
Hi,

And they have popular African routes as well. They seem to have good reviews on
Carsurvey (http://www.carsurvey.org/air/airline_SN+Brussels+Airlines.html) :ok:.

BAe 146-100

'PlaneHappy
22nd Aug 2003, 03:13
The following are very diverse extracts from the reviews of SNBA within 'Carsurvey'. They show two extremely distinct sides to the carrier: from being "superb" and "very professional" to being the "worst airline on the market." It is quite surprising how such dissimilar reviews can be made, although nothing is ever perfect and everyone rates everything in different ways - some place more emphasis on one aspect whereas another person does not. Whatever, they all certainly make for interesting reading, although I aways like reading consumer feedback – whether good or bad – anyway.

"The price is ridiculously high and the service poor."

"Cabin staff are generally friendly and very professional"

"fights have never been delayed on the SXB-BRU-SXB sector"

"the interior of their AR's would need some refurbishing."

"the business (and since winter schedule 2002, the economy) fares on this short sector [SXB-BRU-SXB] are incredibly high."

"She [an FA] acted like all FA should act: being nice but authoritarian"

"Service is great as always"

"SN Brussels Airlines has re-established Belgian airline quality on short routes"

"The service is OK and at least I got a refreshment"

"this airline deserves five stars"

"It outperforms the service of some larger carriers like Lufthansa or Air France."

"This airline is superb: great service, very friendly crew"

"This airline is highly recommended!!"

"The service offered on board, was excellent...with friendly, helpful and professional flight attendants."

"SN Brussels Airlines is as of today the worst airline on the market."

"The staff are too young to perform professionally. Language skills are poor. Everything reminds you that quality is the last preoccupation of management."

"Mediocrity is the key word when it comes to assessing this airline"

"Great service, done by very good and attentive flight attendants"

"Very comfortable leather seats"

"SNBA is improving and improving"

"they are getting a very good network with a very good frequent flier program"

"Well done SNBA, and that for such a cheap price!"

"Crew gave outstanding service."

"the atmosphere on board was relaxed with a 'first class service' in a very professional way."

"Excellent flight short haul."

"I will continue to fly SN Brussels Airlines - this was a real pleasure!"

"The abin was dirty!"

"The food was unedible!"

"The crew was immature and unprofessional."

"This airline stinks !!"

redfield
22nd Aug 2003, 06:09
I've flown with SNBA quite a few times from when they were still operating the Sabena franchise as DAT. They were usually the cheapest airline around on European short haul flights, BUT from a handling viewpoint the cabin crews didn't seem too positive. It was always a "let's get home as fast as possible" type turn-round. Hopefully they'll start making a profit before too long! To get back to the point, Belgains don't seem to have too mucgh choice out of BRU: from what I've seen there's a higher proportion of SNBA at BRU than there is BA at LHR!