PDA

View Full Version : Air Southwest

EGNR
12th Aug 2003, 23:16
For those following events in the region, an initial website has now been launched: www.airsouthwest.com (also note:www.airsouthwest.co.uk).

Anyone have any more news on the "exciting other routes from the south-west"? Given the rumours elsewhere on this website regarding possible new flybe routes from EXT/BRS, I guess the development of WOW beyond PLH-NQY-LGW rests upon the guys in the farmhouse at Exeter!

marlowe
13th Aug 2003, 03:11
Rumoured that Pastie airways looking at possible MAN service in new year.

GROUNDHOG
14th Aug 2003, 05:27
No No my 'ansome .... Pasties come from Kernow its Clotted Cream Airways if you mean Air Southwest 'cos they're from up Country the other side of the Tamar!

Pirate
16th Aug 2003, 04:30
Someone remind me, please. Which side of the Tamar do you put the cream on the scone before the jam? This is bound to come up if I get as far as an interview with South West.

Had my first Norfolk scone yesterday. Fantastic!

Confundemus

'PlaneHappy
16th Aug 2003, 07:50
Oi, oi! I'm a Devonian and so I will tork Devonian! You see, I be a Norf Debon farmer, and I'm new to this 'er new Internet. Me missus says I should spake propa English cos no one will understand may when I tork Devonian! Best not argue with may missus, had I? So I'll spake Devonian.

Swiftly moving on...

Nice to see Air Southwest's website up, even though it is very short on information. I wonder how much the fares between Plymouth and London will cost.

marlowe
16th Aug 2003, 21:05
The fares for pasty airways seem to be unknown i have heard figures ranging from £30 per sector up to £160 for peak travel times, i guess the true figure is somewhere in the middle!Talking of Air South West as a mere observer of this enterprise it all seems very low key do Sutton Harbour holdings really have there heart in this venture or mearly trying to store brownie points with the local council for future building projects????

'PlaneHappy
17th Aug 2003, 00:39
Pasties are divine! As such, Pasty Airways would be extremely tasty. :D

Mad-Air
21st Aug 2003, 06:54
...sent covering letter and CV last week. Had a polite refusal, a "tad" miffed as with 10 weeks to go supposed lauch, how they gonna run an airline without an Ops team?

Anyone who was or is based in Weston-Super-Mare care to comment? W-S-M was the new HQ for Brymon (as was).

Anymore info would be appreciated!! :confused:

'PlaneHappy
21st Aug 2003, 07:00
Sorry to hear that news, Mad. :(

Do you think that Air Southwest will, in time, connect PLH non-stop with JER and CDG? In all honesty, I doubt it for JER is well-connected from both EXT and, further afield, BRS, and CDG receives a thrice-daily non-stop connection from BRS.

Whispering Giant
21st Aug 2003, 14:22
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa - the Madair returneth....hope you are well mate.

Just to let you know - i've passed all of my exam's.

rgds

W.G.

MerchantVenturer
21st Aug 2003, 17:58
'PlaneHappy,

CDG is served six times a day non-stop Sun-Fri by BACx and Air France Regional (three rotations each) from BRS. On Sats there are five rotations in total. So I doubt there would be scope for Air Southwest on this route. Furthermore, there are rumours that easyJet may muscle in on the route. If it did I think BA or Air France or both would find it necessary to stand down.

As for JER from BRS, there is only one rotation per day and that is flown by BACx with a 50-seat ERJ 145, so I suppose there might be scope for another carrier on this route.

Bristol has no service to LPL, MAN, LBA or ABZ. The last three have been tried at varying times in recent years with mixed success, so there might be a niche here, especially if the route started at PLH and called at BRS on the way.

People with far more knowledge on the subject than me contend that easyJet's a/c for example would be too big for the number of pax that these routes would generate from BRS so Southwest's Dash 8s might fit the bill. Brymon/BACx used these machines on BRS-ABZ and BRS-MAN.

a bristolian
21st Aug 2003, 18:52
MV

Para 3 of your last post is spot on.

You won't have to wait long now before all ASW(WOW) plans are
revealed!!

Who knows you might be able to see Alex without enduring the trauma of the M5/M6

'PlaneHappy
21st Aug 2003, 19:22
"CDG is served six times a day non-stop Sun-Fri by BACx and Air France Regional (three rotations each) from BRS. On Sats there are five rotations in total."

You are, of course, right. I completely forgot about BACX operating BRS-CDG.

BAe 146-100
21st Aug 2003, 20:22
Hi,

Anyone know what prices the flights will be?

BAe 146-100

CaptAirProx
21st Aug 2003, 20:56
Whispering Giant...........congrates on your passes. Does that mean you will run ops even better now??!!!!

Call you soon with more tech probs...............

Regards

CAP

Whispering Giant
21st Aug 2003, 21:29
CaptAirProx - thank's mate, speak to you soon.....

hope you wont be tech with any more headset prob's ;) ;)

rgds

W.G

'PlaneHappy
21st Aug 2003, 22:17
W.G. on a completely unrelated topic, will BE operate the 146 on all of its new European services (i.e. AGP, ALC and MJV) and the DH8 on all of its new domestic flights (i.e. BHD, EDI, GLA?).

Whispering Giant
21st Aug 2003, 22:24
Planehappy - Yes pretty much so - the one exception being BGY and there may are a few charter's that operate into europe with the Q400 eg SZG/VRN there may be a few more over the winter which will operate on the Q400.

rgds

W.G

MerchantVenturer
22nd Aug 2003, 00:11
WG,

I think the new BRS-TLS service (from October) was reported as intending to use the Q 400.

'PlaneHappy
22nd Aug 2003, 00:11
Aaaah, nice one! Always good to see expansion at my 'home' airport (I live in Devon and I'm a Devonian).

agcat
22nd Aug 2003, 01:58
Mad-Air

Any idea who ASW's O.M is?
Have they filled all thier Ops positions??

CaptAirProx
24th Aug 2003, 20:55
WG - Don't even go there after last night!!! I'm knackered.