PDA

View Full Version : Private Flying in New Zealand - Info Requested

Roger Roger
12th Aug 2003, 20:37
During November this year, I will be visiting New Zealand and thought I would take the opportunity to do some flying while I was there. I am looking for an instructor who is happy to right seat with me on a trip around the North Island over 2 days and 1 night.

Since I have never been to the North Island, any suggestions on a route for a round trip of up to 10 hours would be appreciated along with the names of any organisations that may be able to help me in the Auckland area.

Thanks in advance to any replies..

NoseGear
13th Aug 2003, 08:34
Roger x 2, I have sent you a PM, let me know

Nosey

flyby_kiwi
14th Aug 2003, 08:47
Get yourself a seat and check your PM (you could be reading a while) :ok:

frangatang
14th Aug 2003, 14:54
Anyone know about flying N registered light aircraft in NZ/ My local farmer has just emigrated with a piper PA12 from england(Plane in a crate!) and luckily he paid my share back to me but l dont think he has thought it all out. Is the beauracracy as bad as the uk?

Audi Mate!
14th Aug 2003, 15:49
Firstly to answer your north Island trip, there would be no shortage of instructors wanting to build the hours, I think the first aero club you walked into would have instructors both B & C cat hounding you, if one doesnt nab you into his office first. I'd look for somebody who you get along with well, possibly somebody prepared to fly into some true gems we have here... within walking distance of great B&B's on the beach, fantastic bushwalks etc.. I'm sure you will both have fun. To answer the PA12 question, register it but under the 'experimental' category. go to www.caa.govt.nz for further information but I can promise you it is the cheapest and fastest way to get your aircraft airborne.

nike
14th Aug 2003, 17:24
There is a company called RestNZ Tours who organise flying trips around NZ.

try www.restnztours.co.nz (http://www.restnztours.co.nz)

frangatang
15th Aug 2003, 23:58
Cheers audimate,shame the farmer is going considering he had a 6oom strip nexr to my house. What is even worse is l am building an RV6 here with no home to go to if it ever gets finished.
The farmer is also taking a glastar kit in the same container,that should keep him busy