PDA

View Full Version : Beers in Washington DC ?

The Nr Fairy
12th Aug 2003, 15:43
Sorry to intrude, but I posted this thread (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=97423) in the Bashes forum and so far it's mostly been invaded by a Scottich ATCO and her fans.

Anyone fancy a beer - first round on me, and I'll be looking for advice on which DC districts mandate wearing of full body armour . . .

typhoonpilot
13th Aug 2003, 01:13
I quite like Alexandria for a place to go for dinner and drinks. Take the Metro blue or yellow lines to King Street station. King's street goes all the way down to the Potomac. It is a very pleasant walk and quite safe. There is an Irish Pub along the street. Down at the end on the river I prefer the Chart House Restaurant as you can sit and watch the Reagan National arrivals ( or departures depending on which way traffic is flowing ). They have some good beer selections as well.

Typhoonpilot

forget
13th Aug 2003, 01:40
Try the Post Pub, next to the Washington Post building. Only decent bar for miles.

av8boy
14th Aug 2003, 06:51
While admittedly part of a small chain of brewpubs of the same name, I still prefer John Harvard's (1299 Pennsylvania Ave--at 13th St. NW about three blocks ENE of the Washington Monument). Corner entrance and downstairs. First impression might be that they're a little snobby, however, the bartenders I've encountered there are great and I'm a big fan of their IPA. But do sit at the bar.

Oh, for the uninitiated, Pennsylvania Ave can be a little confusing in that block. In short, if you're at the corner of 13th and Pennsylvania and you don't see John Harvard's on the northeast corner of the intersection, go down the hill one block (south) and try again because you're really at E St.

Dave

DUCKMAN052001
16th Aug 2003, 10:17
Also down there by the chart house you have the Penalty Box and th Fish Market. Both are very good.:yuk: