PDA

View Full Version : Incident Accident at Albury??

The Hedge
12th Aug 2003, 15:04
Six escape in emergency landing
August 12, 2003

A LIGHT plane with six people on board made a safe emergency landing in a paddock in southern NSW this morning.

The pilot and five passengers were all assessed by ambulance officers and cleared of any injuries after touching down near the township of Bowna, 35km north of Albury, soon after 10am (AEST).

Emergency service crews originally gathered at Albury airport after the pilot radioed the control tower there to report undercarriage problems.

But the crews rushed to Bowna after the pilot had to bring the plane down sooner than expected.

"Thankfully everyone got out OK," an ambulance spokesman said.

Heard the ar%se end of a radio report saying that there was an engine failure in IMC which necessitated the off field landing.

robair
14th Aug 2003, 10:08
GEES:eek: it doesn't take long for accidents to get on here :uhoh:
I hope I don't I have one it will probably be on hre before it hapened!:ugh:

RootCheck
14th Aug 2003, 12:20
dunno where the undercarriage problem idea came from, but pilot reported probs with both engines about 13nm NE of Albury and was going to attempt a return to Albury. Shortly after, he reported unable to make Albury and was going for the highway. Then reported unable to make the highway and was trying to make a forced landing in a paddock. I assume by the necessity of a forced landing that he sufferred a double engine failure.
He was above cloud at the time of the initial problem.
Anyone know the specifics of the prob?

Good job on getting it down safely with no injuries. Well done to the pilot.

Mr. Hat
14th Aug 2003, 18:37
Have also heard that it was double trouble.

Although 1EF in the PA31 loaded would require some skill...if he had the gear stuck out then goodnight.

Willie Nelson
18th Aug 2003, 07:30
Does anyone know if this was Brindabella airlines. I would be interested to see. This would be the last thing that they need now that they are making a good go at the RPT runs. Good to hear everyone OK.

Willie

Bevan666
18th Aug 2003, 09:41
The aircraft was VH-UBC which is used by Uncle Bens to regularly ferry pax from Albury to Bathurst.

Bevan..

Icarus2001
18th Aug 2003, 16:14
I would like to hear from someone who knows, if it was

A. A double engine failure

B. Fuel exhaustion

C. Fuel starvation

D. Something else entirely...

Well done for getting it on the ground safely. Stopped the media in their tracks.

Paul Phelan
21st Aug 2003, 14:40
Icarus,

So THAT's why people survive accidents! Just to get up our noses!

Willie Nelson
21st Aug 2003, 15:31
Your an insider, and I know that you have a little more regard for the truth than papers like the Northern Territory News which seem to stay with the old adage if it bleeds it leads! Crocodile terrorists and light planes "plummeting from the sky" are standard fodder.

Assuming your handle isn't a wind up (which might be the case) you know that we would never talk about Aus Av in that manner.

Willie

Icarus2001
21st Aug 2003, 15:38
:D Thanks Paul.

Actually I was waiting for your colleauges to draw links to the Whyalla double engine failure. Same type etc..