PDA

View Full Version : Woodbourne Tower - Paranoid or procedural?

Mr Proachpoint
12th Aug 2003, 08:12
How's Woodbourne ATC coping now that they have radar in their new tower? I've watched the CTR become a bit of a joke in the last year or so where it seemed (some) controllers were becoming more and more paranoid. Constant position requests between IFR and local GA gave me the impression that the TWR was convinced everyone was on a collision course with everyone else.
Probably more of a drag for the GA boys, but holding aircraft on the ground at Omaka because a B1900 calls up at 25 miles on the visual seemed to be a bit extreme. Great for the airlines definitely, but some days the radio never seemed to shut up. I often wondered if the TWR was practising his SVFR procedures on SKC days.

Can't grizzle about safety, obviously, just wondered if things had relaxed with the new radar.

MAPt

Blue Line
12th Aug 2003, 17:01
Well I've been up there a few times ( the old tower ) it was a heap of junk to put it politely ya couldnt see much out the circuit direction, The WB controlers on the hole are a good bunch , a few new boys there trying to tell everyone whos boss.

Yeah Ive found going to WB I only got the Missapp bout 50% of the time I want it.

Hopefull the new radar & the fact that they will have departures up the waihopai should move things along :ok:

Kaptin M
12th Aug 2003, 17:29
The WB controlers on the hole are a good bunch

Nothing like sharing, eh boys! :ok:

I can see the reason why you've chosen that particular handle, Blue Line!! :E