PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Qantas Cadet Questions

Mr Garrison
11th Aug 2003, 17:15
Has anyone of late been to the Qantas Cadet 2004 Tests/Interviews??

I haven't submitted my application yet, but some testing may have already been done with other Cadet wannabee's.........so if anyone out there can shed any information on this year's process so far, then any tips and hints would be appreciated.

:ok:

ExcessData
11th Aug 2003, 17:22
I know several people with upcoming Stage 2 tests (Aptitude, Skills, Psych), but none who have actually done them yet. Like you, I'd be interested to hear what they're like this year.

-ED

SuperSonicCruizer
13th Aug 2003, 18:42
I am in the same boat guys,
I have finally sent in my application, now just waiting on the first contact....

cheers,
SSC

ExcessData
13th Aug 2003, 19:13
Did you end up doing your CPL, SSC?

From what I know, the Stage 1 letter (application check) should get to you within a week or so.

Ex.D

SuperSonicCruizer
14th Aug 2003, 09:55
Hi ExcessData,
I still have some ways to go to get my CPL.

I just got the NVFR done last week - was waiting a while due to the Melbourne weather, now I can finally get back to knocking off my solo hours!

Cheers,
SSC

SuperSonicCruizer
16th Aug 2003, 08:15
Its interesting to see the panel interview is before the flight test this year.

probably better this way as you might save some money.

Mr Garrison
16th Aug 2003, 09:39
Yeah I think thats a good idea myself. Saves time for both QF potentials and QF selection staff.

It seems as though the skills test has changed as well. No longer using the moving dots and cross method but instead the 6 primary flight instruments. Better start playing MS Flight Sim a lot!

Seco
20th Aug 2003, 12:12
Is it similar to airforce tests? I have just gotten through to flight assessment in the airforce, where they send you to tamworth. Although, i think i would rather be a commercial pilot... Any ideas?

FBD
21st Aug 2003, 19:25
Has anyone submitted a CV with their application (I note that it is optional on the application form)?

If so, how long was it, how detailed was it? Because we are applying to be cadets, our flight experience (if any) will be minimal and I wouldn't think too many applicants would actually be already employed in the aviation industry.

I want to send a CV in with my application so as to highlight the experience I have gained in my past life that would be useful working for Qantas as a pilot but I don't want it to be considered a load of dribble nor waste HR's time.

Any thoughts will be most appreciated ;)

7fortyfive
21st Aug 2003, 22:14
I think it would be a good idea to accompany the application with a CV. That way you could put it additional stuff about yourself (good stuff, of course). Whether they consider it a waste of time reading it would be their problem of course, but at least you put the effort in... that's my opinion

Willie Nelson
24th Aug 2003, 12:13
Fight test?

SSC, I would like to clarify something. When you say they are doing the flight test after the panel interview are you referring to the Boeing simulator ride or the cadet flight test done by a QF chosen instructor. I am due for stage 2 soon, but I am doing the DEP testing and I suspect this is not what you are referring to, just want to check.

Mr Garrison,

Are you also referring to the Cadet program or does anyone know if the cross and falling balls are no longer being used for the DEP stage 2?

Willie

Mr Garrison
24th Aug 2003, 17:33
IORRA has got it right.

The skills test for the DEP guys is on the 747 classic.....for cadets its the falling dots with joystick and pedal method.

Sheep Guts
29th Aug 2003, 11:46
Its a hand eye coordination test. Very m uch like the old RAAF test. The RAAF machine was electromechanical, it used contactors to send pulses to a counter everytime the dot was passed through the circle, of which was the main aim of the exercise. The higher the score the better.

Quite relevant for abinitio Cadets and Entry Trainee RAAF Aircrew.

But beats me why a Pilot with 5000 hrs has to do it still. A sim check I agree on but the hand eye one is silly and so is the fact you pay for your testing. $165 PER candidate. Really is a revenue raising exercise for the Social Club me thinks.

:rolleyes:

Sheep

SuperSonicCruizer
31st Aug 2003, 10:02
Hi Willie Nelson,

Sorry I should have clarified my last post a little more, I will be doing the Cadet CPL flight test (assuming that I make it that far, that is) as I have put in an application to be a Level 2 Cadet.

From what I know, the cadetship stage 2 and DEP stage 2 are exactly the same. So if the cadets do the falling ball stuff, so will the DEP's.

There has been talk that stage 2 will be different this year, this could be true - but if that's so then it will be a different computer game you play, they will still need test your hand eye coordination some way.

Also Willie, by your question - I assume that QF is now processing more DEP after making that recruitment freeze - is this correct? or were you processed before the freeze commenced?

Cheers,
SSC