PDA

View Full Version : Nationwide to London

Goldfish Jack
11th Aug 2003, 14:22
Well I hear that Nationwide has found an aircraft for the route and they have also found some aircrew.

I was interested to see the advert a few weeks ago looking for rated crews on B767s. As far as I know/knew it was only SAA that operated them down here. So it was only a matter of waiting to see how this panned out.....

Now I know where they have found their crews - Air Zimbabwe. I believe that they are going to fly the B767 for Nationwide, with a salary of SAR23000 per month. Must be a massive salary for a Zimbabwean, but how does he manage to get this right with so many (apparantly ) South African pilots looking for work? No problem for them either, as they fly into Gatwick already, so that solves one problem - getting used to flying from Africa to England.

Is this another case of bending the rules to use (Argentinian) pilots, whilst you are short of crews?

Well if he gets it right 10/10 for doing it, but is it right whilst South Efricans are looking for work????

11th Aug 2003, 19:33
There are no suitably rated, un-employed pilots in SA!! So there you go, no rule breaking or anything funny going on.

George Tower
12th Aug 2003, 01:50
Now they have found the crew does any one know where the hardware is coming from?

I presume R23,000 per month is the F/O's salary?

tired
12th Aug 2003, 05:45
Are they using Air Zim's 767? If they are they can run the service via HRE, and base the crews there - it's just be a wet lease.

Only a guess, mind!! :)

PS Goldfish - see you for a beer on Thursday - it's your round I think! ;)