PDA

View Full Version : Jumps Pilots

Ang737
11th Aug 2003, 14:03
Hi All

Just wondering what percentage of Jumps Pilots out there actually partake in jumping themselves... Obviously not in the same sortie...

Cheers Ang ;)

High Altitude
11th Aug 2003, 14:30
Not that I fly jumpers anymore...

Hang on I don't jump anymore...

But used to bomb out of a 182 and 402B (yes it was scary)...

Did 5 tandems... 23 solos...

Wish I was still dangling the knees in the breeze...

Islander Jock
11th Aug 2003, 15:35
I have 652 jumps in my log book which is certainly not a huge number compared to many who live and breathe the sport. I was jumping for a good 15 years on and off before I started flying. Before I got seriously into sport jumping I was also doing it in the military. At the end of my civilian skydiving career I was mainly doing AFF instructing and videos.

I gave the skydiving away completely in 1999 to concentrate more on my flying also because I had a really bad prang in 1996 and my ankle never fully recovered. Gave the meatbombing away a year or so later after I objected to a DZ operator who thought it was ok for him to pull apart bits of the fuel system on an aircraft I was operating and flying.

Some great memories and excellent experiences.

I'm gone!
11th Aug 2003, 18:02
Gday,

Plummeting toward the earth at around 110kts sure is damn good fun!

I remember Baz Dawson having a skydive toward the end of his descent in VH-MMV at Nagambie a while ago, (good jumper and great jump pilot) :ok:

Cheers,
I'm gone!

Screw Jac
11th Aug 2003, 18:11
Never flew jump planes, but did quite a few jumps until the logic took over....Self preservation!!
:ok: :ok:

Cypher
11th Aug 2003, 18:20
Guilty as charged your honor!

:O

bush mechanics
11th Aug 2003, 19:24
Havnt flown jumpers in a couple of years.But I just completed my AFF course now Im realy hooked.Anyone want too buy a dirtbike!!!!Never raced!!Actually Finke twice.

OpsNormal
12th Aug 2003, 00:25
So will you change your name to gottem2danglypeets? :} :ooh:

Ang737
12th Aug 2003, 07:16
Yeah I hear Baz is flying teh cresco at Barwon Heads these days...

AD/DUNNY/01
12th Aug 2003, 07:46
Never saw the logic of jumping out of a perfectly safe aircraft, until as it was the Islander lost an engine and went in, god that was a looooooong time ago.

PropDuster
13th Aug 2003, 07:03
Not yet but may be on the cards.
Have been bombing out of 182 & 207 for nearly 200hrs and it's looking more and more like a good idea, especially after a few 'Veebs'. Bit worried about becoming hooked thence having to surrender the hard earned title 'Skydiver Driver'.

Cheers

Onan the Clumsy
14th Aug 2003, 11:42
Ended up with 500 jumps in the logbook - and I learned in Pudding Hill NZ. Ended up switching to flying and got about 250 hours flying jumpers mostly in a 182. Don't do it much anymore, but I enjoyed it a lot. I think the risk/reward matrix stopped me from skydiving in the end.

Anyone do any CRW?

I'm gone!
15th Aug 2003, 16:55
Gday all,

CRW is the Bee's knees! Anyone who has done any formation flying in aeoplanes would love it! What other mode of air transport allows you to formate on one of your mates, then grab his airframe with ya legs!!

Jumpings great, great people having fun with, in and out of aeroplanes. Remember why you got hooked on flying?? 'Cos it's FUN!! Same story with skydiving.

Blue skies all!

Cheers,
I'm gone!

P.S Don't forget to pull the string!:ok: