PDA

View Full Version : Scenic Flights out of Cape Leveque, WA

Java
11th Aug 2003, 06:50
Greetings
I am after some information on Scenic Flights out of Cape Leveque in the Kimberley, WA. I have some friends heading up that way soon for a holiday and they thought they might like to go on a scenic over the islands. I was wondering if anyone from up that way can let me know which are good charter companies to do a flight with. Also any idea of cost would be appreciated.

Cheers

Java

hoss
11th Aug 2003, 07:10
I'm not too sure if any of the charter companies have aircraft based at YCLQ, perhaps they do now! If not try the companies in Derby and Broome who will have aircraft flying through YCLQ all the time.

We used to drop our passengers off for a few hours(on their scenic flight) and in the mean time sneek a scenic flight in for the people who drove up. Makes it much cheaper(or at least it should) as Broome is about 100nm away.

I hope they enjoy the flight:ok: ,

hoss:)

ps. I heard the company formerly known as Aerial Enterprises / Thousand Island Air Tours(ex YDBY/YBRM) are pretty good:ok: .

Transition Layer
11th Aug 2003, 07:56
G'day Java,

I know that last dry season, King Leopold Air had a C172RG based out of Cape Leveque and a C210 in Derby, in addition to their main base in Broome. I'm pretty sure it's the case again this year, although the Broome boys that frequent this forum will be able to help you out a bit more.

Broome Aviation/Northwest Regional using C210s also operate through YCLQ from their Broome base for a lunch or afternoon/morning tea stop as part of their packaged day tours, but I'm pretty sure they don't have an aircraft based there as such.

Golden Eagle in Derby also operate flights out to the Buchaneer Archipelago/Cape Leveque using a couple of C206s. Not sure if they stop at YCLQ as well, but I imagine so.

Cheers,
TL

Ref + 10
11th Aug 2003, 10:10
Ring Broome Aviation or King Leopold Air. While I was there we had several trips out of Cape Leveque while on the afternoon tea stop of another scenic. I'd prefer to fly to Cape Leveque though after driving that road. By August the corrigations in it will be small hills....that is unless the council have done something about it.

Definitely wonderful scenery around the archipelago.

Poto
11th Aug 2003, 12:22
I've had a good look around this big country at 10,000 and below and that region around Cape Leveque would rate in the top five areas for a scenic, beautiful islands:ok:

RENURPP
12th Aug 2003, 08:14
Maybe ring Kooljaman lodge. They will have all the details.
Not sure about the spelling sorry.

Ang737
12th Aug 2003, 08:30
King Leopold Air definately have a base at Cape Leveque this season and also a single pilot operating out of Derby... Give them a call on 91937155 or go to King Leopold Air website (http://www.kingleopoldair.com.au)

They are running a C172RG out of Cape Lev and a C210 out of Derby.

Ang ;)