PDA

View Full Version : Cat ferry flight pictures

Chuck Ellsworth
10th Aug 2003, 21:05
Anyone wishing to have a look at some pictures we took a couple of weeks ago ferrying N9521C from London to Virginia go to.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/rsramsay/

Chuck Ellsworth

PaperTiger
11th Aug 2003, 00:06
Brilliant, Chuck :ok:

Lu Zuckerman
11th Aug 2003, 02:08
Chuck:

You either took the pictures in the dark of night or there is a problem in downloading.

:sad:

Chuck,

I finally got some of the pictures to down load. It was strange to see the mixture control levers on the throttle quadrant. The addition of the air stair is really neat. If we had it on our P-boats we would have to crawl over the nav table to get in or out. Other than that all I can say is:

:{ :{ :{

:ok:

pigboat
11th Aug 2003, 09:47
Great pics Chuck!
(Holy sh!t, an airstair door):D

I've been aboard one with a shower in the tower compartment. MIR, I think it was. :cool:

treadigraph
11th Aug 2003, 15:40
Great pics and captions, Chuck! :ok:

Shame she had to leave the UK, but I guess we may have three flying here soon...

Treadders

EGGW
11th Aug 2003, 16:34
Great pictures Chuck, many thanks.

I used to be a crew member years ago on the Planesailiing cat, brought back some great memories.
Nice to see such a great genuine example that hasn't been messed around with, blisters and front turret intact etc...

EGGW.

Rallye Driver
12th Aug 2003, 00:21
Excellent pics, Chuck! Another bird delivered safely.

I was lucky enough to get a look in side her at the Air Britain Fly-in a few weeks before you ferried her out of North Weald. I managed to get some nice cockpit shots, so I've got something to remember her by.

RD

GuinnessPWS
12th Aug 2003, 07:55
Really good piccys Chuck. I spent a lot of time yesterday looking at them all. Very nice airplane too. I still owe you a cup of coffee. Are you home for the next few weeks?

Chuck Ellsworth
12th Aug 2003, 22:27
Yes I am.

Chuck: