PDA

View Full Version : Emirates - Cabin Crew

safri duo
10th Aug 2003, 13:57
Hello Ladies and gentleman,

I am new to this forum.

Would like to know how is it like to work for Emirates as a cabin crew?

Is it true that if you're currently employed by any middle eastern carrier (QR,GF,etc...) , there is a 01 year waiting period which you have to go through before you can apply or join Emirates?

Also heard that all of the layovers for Emirates Crew are very very short.. i.e. minimum stay. Is that true?

Can someone give me a list of station where EK Crew have their stop overs and the length of the stop overs? How many nightstops do EK crew have per month in their roster?

Thank you.

:O :ok:

qfmike737
10th Aug 2003, 16:53
How long will Emirates crew have on layovers when they start services to Brisbane?

Fiction
11th Aug 2003, 17:52
Layovers.

Crew layover times are dictated by the aircraft schedules and crew legalities.

So minimum layover time MRU is 12hrs to a whopping 76hrs in CGK, KUL, and loads of 24hrs in SYD, MEL,PER, LHR, NBO, etc etc etc and good time off in ATH,MLA.

BNE will probably be 24hr either side of the AKL shuttle.

It's a paid Hoilday !!!!!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

AIRWAY
11th Aug 2003, 18:43
Hi safri duo,

If you try the serch option, you will find heaps of info on Emirates. Good Luck :ok:

LooLoo
12th Aug 2003, 20:00
hi safri duo.

I have a friend currently being trained as cabin crew with GF, who has been told that she is unable to start operating due to being ex EK cabin crew!! Apparently she has 8 months left on her visa restriction!!! Bad news now for her - left EK, can't fly GF!!
Not sure if similar restrictions at QR. Hope this helps.