PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with CX?

kazumichik
10th Aug 2003, 02:48
Love it, hate it, love to hate it, hate to love it? Few airlines can match CX for the intensity of the emotions which they inspire in their throttle jockeys.

Can I get your two-cents worth? Or at least three bullets worth. I'm looking for guys to give me their top three reasons why they think CX creates a low pressure medium.

Please limit your responses to your top three complaints and try to avoid using acronyms. I've been raised in GA and still only have a tenuous grasp of all the airline jargon. Just spell it out clearly for a guy trying to go into this with eyes wide open.

Thanks! Now let 'er rip.

kazumichik
10th Aug 2003, 03:07
In the interest of equal time and a balanced view I want to hear from the folks who think that CX is the bees knees.

Sometimes it seems as though there is some unwritten code of professional conduct which prohibits pilots from expressing satisfaction with their employers. But since we are all hiding behind aliases in this forum we're free to tell the truth.

So just like the companion to this thread I'm looking for top three lists. Please give me the top three things you love about being a driver for Cathay. Please put it in terms that a non-airline, general aviation type would comprehend. No acronyms and no airline-specific jargon, please.

And don't be afraid of stating the obvious. Maybe things like: the money's great, the chicks willing and they let me play with Boeings.

So at the risk of plunging us all into a teary-eyed love-fest as we contemplate the beauty and benevolence of this particular aerospace transportation organization please tell me the best three things about working there.

caribpilotatr
10th Aug 2003, 12:54
I would like to hear this as well?:confused:

caribpilotatr
10th Aug 2003, 12:56
Yes, lets hear from some pilots in CX:)

jtr
10th Aug 2003, 13:38
The money is incredible and goes such a long way in Hong Kong.
They buy you an apartment when you join.
Its only 3 years to command.
You get a travel fund on top of your salary just to pay for your first class tickets which is even tax deductible.
Management are open, honest, and receptive to input from the crew members.
Every year you get an extra months salary at Xmas time.
You get an additional bonus every year the company makes a profit.
Hong Kong is a vibrant beautiful city, and a great place to bring up children.
Long haul flying is such a pleasure, 7 day trips away to exotic locations with cabin crew just falling over themselves to go out with pilots.
.....umm, Thats all I can think of for now.

Dont thank me, I'm here to help.:}

ahhh yes, my work here is done

BASIS
11th Aug 2003, 08:25
jtr

you forgot the massive pay out of the provident fund at retirement that has been managed by our company provided personal financial adviser.

jtr
11th Aug 2003, 10:47
thanks BASIS, yeh, the Prov fund, gee, contributes over and above your salary 15.5% of income, and you get great fund management. So lets see avg f/o salary x 3 yrs x 15.5% x 1.05% (conservative I know) + same data for 7 years at Capt rate.....

Hell, 10 years in the company and you'll have almost 3 mill HK (US$380K)

Schrodingers Cat
12th Aug 2003, 20:34
Sorry guys, but somebody has to burst their bubble.....journo alert...(no icons for weary sigh...at least not yet)....